• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

3TB hard drives?

Here's one on Ebay. :eek:
 
Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Here they are on Ebay. :eek:

LOL, they've sold one item (barely) in the past four years, and I'm going to believe that?

A sucker born every minute... And there's been five bidders, so five minutes are accounted for...
 
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Looks real to me!

Look at the model number on the WD Lifeguard screen.

This also matches the model number in that Craigs list ad.

It's real.
 
Looks real to me!

Look at the model number on the WD Lifeguard screen.

This also matches the model number in that Craigs list ad.

It's real.

The CL listing is now down, and both CL & Ebay listing are in CA.

And only one available. And WD lists no such model.

Besides, how is it even new if it's been plugged into lifeguard tools software to show the model/serial #s?

Caveat emptor.
 
Besides, how is it even new if it's been plugged into lifeguard tools software to show the model/serial #s?
All it's doing is reading the info that's on the drive.

It's real but just not released yet.

Seriously, what's so hard to believe....You don't think manfgs. make pre-production models that aren't to be sold?

For all I know it's an engineering example but it is real.
 
Last edited:
Seriously, what's so hard to believe....You don't think manfgs. make pre-production models that aren't to be sold?

For all I know it's an engineering example but it is real.

It's an engineering sample that you're not supposed to buy.

With 2TB HDs @ $95 with a warranty, why buy an engineering sample that you're not supposed to have?

Caveat emptor. You're buying something without a guarantee, and if you don't receive it, you're going to complain about something you're not supposed to be able to buy?

Caveat emptor. The seller's sold one item the past 4+ years. I'd pass without even a first thought.
 
It's an engineering sample that you're not supposed to buy.

With 2TB HDs @ $95 with a warranty, why buy an engineering sample that you're not supposed to have?

Caveat emptor. You're buying something without a guarantee, and if you don't receive it, you're going to complain about something you're not supposed to be able to buy?

Caveat emptor. The seller's sold one item the past 4+ years. I'd pass without even a first thought.
WoW!

Nobody said anything about buying anything.

You questioned the authenticity, I showed you why I considered it a real product.

You forget to take your meds today? :D
 
I recall reading that companies are being intentionally slow about making/selling drives greater than 2TB because an NTFS partition cannot exceed 2TB when using MBR. Since only 64-bit OS can use a GPT drive and only an EFI machine can actually boot from GPT, they are looking at reduced drive sales for these larger models.

I was aware of a 3TB Seagate drive that you can get by busting open one of their external drives. I hadn't heard of any 3TB WD drive or any 3TB drive sold explicitly as an internal drive.
 
Back
Top