390X coming soon few weeks

On release day? When have they said this?

They havent, but they cant hold NDA past release unless specific sites were given review samples, and they are contractually obligated to hold them.

I never said [H] would, but there are many sites that dont get review samples and are therefore not subject to NDAs

That having been said, its been SOP for a while for NDAs to lift at midnight before day of release.

Better yet, when was the last time you saw reviews of a GPU well before it's out for sale?

24th was the date Lisa Su said Fury X would be for sale, so we are assuming the NDA will lift on reviews. Maybe wrong but that's the assumption.
Better yet, when was the last time you saw reviews of a GPU well before it's out for sale?
That would be a paper launch.

There was some mention in another thread that Fury will NOT have HDMI2, and has been confirmed to only be 1.4a.

Does anyone know details? This would be a major bummer. I was planning on getting one of those 40" Samsung 4K tvs

Zarathustra[H];1041672735 said:
There was some mention in another thread that Fury will NOT have HDMI2, and has been confirmed to only be 1.4a.

Does anyone know details? This would be a major bummer. I was planning on getting one of those 40" Samsung 4K tvs

It was confirmed on OCUK by the AMD rep there. I cannot cite the other thread where I read this... but that's the scoop.

I'm on DP only, so it means squat to me, but I get the frustration for those looking at 4K TV options.

Curious to see if Nano gets HDMI 2 (or if it's too late for them to change them), as that would be a fairly ideal HTPC card...

That would require an HDMI asic change, if it's coming out this summer, it's way too late to change.

It was confirmed on OCUK by the AMD rep there. I cannot cite the other thread where I read this... but that's the scoop.

I'm on DP only, so it means squat to me, but I get the frustration for those looking at 4K TV options.

Curious to see if Nano gets HDMI 2 (or if it's too late for them to change them), as that would be a fairly ideal HTPC card...

Hmm...

Well that takes me from "will almost certainly buy Fury X unless there are surprises once reviews hit" to "will almost certainly NOT buy Fury X unless there are surprises once reviews hit"

I might even place an order for a 980ti today...

I'm honestly blown away that this card doesn't have HDMI 2.0. I'm planning an upgrade to 4K TV and I will need to upgrade my video card, but no HDMI 2.0 support is an immediate deal breaker if that's true.

Maybe AMD's NDAs operate on west coast time, who knows.
I'm going to bed at 12:01 AM if there are no reviews popping up. Got about 20 tabs open on various websites.

I'm honestly blown away that this card doesn't have HDMI 2.0. I'm planning an upgrade to 4K TV and I will need to upgrade my video card, but no HDMI 2.0 support is an immediate deal breaker if that's true.

so get a 4K tv with DP, problem solved.

That seriously restricts your selection of 4K TVs. Most TVs do not have a DP connector at all.

Then those people bought the wrong 4k tv. hdmi 2.0 can't even handle uncompromised color quality @4k 60Hz with hdcp 2.2 turned on. It's a garbage connector that needs to be ignored and leapfrogged. Why do you think the uptake has been so slow on the media box front?

apple tv?
chromecast?
roku?
amazon fire tv?

NONE of them bothered with 2.0 so far. They may in the future, but none of them seem so sure that will be the go to standard for the ages for years to come. Because it is ALREADY obsolete. WITHOUT talking about HDR and rec 2020 color capability.

I'm more disappointed the card did not come with displayport 1.3 / super mhl, but I guess that comes next year.

I have literally every review website open right now.
If a review gets posted in Timbuktu I will know about it.

Then those people bought the wrong 4k tv. hdmi 2.0 can't even handle uncompromised color quality @4k 60Hz with hdcp 2.2 turned on. It's a garbage connector that needs to be ignored and leapfrogged. Why do you think the uptake has been so slow on the media box front?

apple tv?
chromecast?
roku?
amazon fire tv?

NONE of them bothered with 2.0 so far. They may in the future, but none of them seem so sure that will be the go to standard for the ages for years to come. Because it is ALREADY obsolete. WITHOUT talking about HDR and rec 2020 color capability.

I'm more disappointed the card did not come with displayport 1.3 / super mhl, but I guess that comes next year.
You seem to be ignoring the fact that, for most of the 4K TV market, HDMI 2.0 is your only option. Since Fiji doesn't support DP 1.3 anyways, the superiority of DisplayPort - which I'm not denying, I'm using DP now for my 144hz 2560 monitor - is mostly irrelevant.

I don't believe DisplayPort 1.3 is finalized yet, though I may be wrong, but there's nothing that supports it yet so HDMI 2.0 is the only option.

No links just saying,hell 290x is as fast in a few games.Why not 390X

No it is not, not even close. A 290x is about the same as a 970, a 780ti beats it.

Nvidia has 6 cards that beat a 290x. 780ti, Titan Black, 970,980,980ti and Titan X

Side comment. I really hope the fury x performs better than both the 980ti and titan, both at stock and with overclocks.

Because if that turns out to be the case, I will teach myself to create a graphics of a man with a fury x card drinking prime/chizow tears. That or have a rendering of a special edition fury x card that uses their tears as the coolant.

Side comment. I really hope the fury x performs better than both the 980ti and titan, both at stock and with overclocks.

Because if that turns out to be the case, I will teach myself to create a graphics of a man with a fury x card drinking prime/chizow tears. That or have a rendering of a special edition fury x card that uses their tears as the coolant.

You might end up drinking your own tears if it chokes in certain games when it hits a vram limit.

You might end up drinking your own tears if it chokes in certain games when it hits a vram limit.

I apologize for leaving out joker tears. Will you forgive me? And you may be right, we'll see how the 4GB HBM card handles those games that say they need 6GB or more vram.

You seem to be ignoring the fact that, for most of the 4K TV market, HDMI 2.0 is your only option. Since Fiji doesn't support DP 1.3 anyways, the superiority of DisplayPort - which I'm not denying, I'm using DP now for my 144hz 2560 monitor - is mostly irrelevant.

I don't believe DisplayPort 1.3 is finalized yet, though I may be wrong, but there's nothing that supports it yet so HDMI 2.0 is the only option.

Is it possible to have a displayport 1.2 to hdmi 2.0 adapter? I thought displayport 1.2 still came with more bandwidth than the later released hdmi 2.0, so is there some technical reason an adapter can't just be made? If it can be then there is a stop gap. But at this point everything is kind of a stop gap with connecting to 4k anything.

Even monitors. 4k displays with hdmi 2.0 on that 960/970/980.... @ 60 Hz...

What about 120Hz 4k displays? This is obviously where people want to go, and there is NOTHING on the market that supports it. This is why I think spending lots of money on some high end 4k display at the moment is a dead end and a waste.

My 1440p monitor will serve well enough until we get better options. I wish we had better options for tvs, but we don't.

Back