390X coming soon few weeks

Why are they comparing the new cards to 7xxx series ?

to have higher numbers...

AMD_R9_Preso-18.jpg

This one its amazing.. hahahaha comparing to the HD7950.. just to write there boost your performance to +80% freaking stupid people seriously.. not only comparing to old HD7000 series but to nvidia GTX 600 series.. xD just pure crap..

Why are they comparing the new cards to 7xxx series ?

Because they are 200 series cards with more memory and for more money. If they compared the cards to 200 series performance, everyone would get up and leave.

Zarathustra[H];1041668822 said:
How? They are all essentially re-brands?

I've been going on about how a 30%/$90 (pegging the 390x at $390 MSRP) premium over the 290x was already a disappointing lack of progress. Which turned out to be wrong :p

Because they are 200 series cards with more memory and more money. If they compared the cards to 200 series performance, everyone would get up and leave.

This. AMD needs to dig down to the most recent card that gives them a decent looking graph for their rebrands.

Zarathustra[H];1041668840 said:
Soo...

What does a 390x do, that a 290x 8GB OC model priced at $379 doesn't?

nothing?. just new coolers and new boxes if you want.. oh and.. a larger e-peen..

nothing?. just new coolers and new boxes if you want.. oh and.. a larger e-peen..

You forgot the most important part...+100 on the name, that just boosts performance by 9000 because numbers bigger! :p

Zarathustra[H];1041668840 said:
Soo...

What does a 390x do, that a 290x 8GB OC model priced at $379 doesn't?

It gives amd more money and it's at least 100 more in the model number, 390 is bigger than 290 :cool:

You didn't need that 50$ anyways...

i was really hoping for a full fury card at 499 like the 290x was at launch. We have known for a while now it wasn't gunna happen but still sad lol.

ok, those slides and graphs with ridiculous y-axis scaling are pretty common in those presentations but holy shit AMD

in regards to retarded slides you just hit it out of the park, this is borderline trolling!

I want the project quantum case below my tv :mad: give me a price AMD..

Back