390X coming soon few weeks

Can't wait to see the announcement. I mean, I already have my 980... I'm just more interested in making sure that TaintedSquirrel doesn't kill himself if Fury is anything less than amazing.

The Windforce G1 390X is a dual-fan design.
I suspect there are some good power gains coming.

RPp2cyP.jpg

$329 and $429 for the 390 and 390X. Holy shitballs.

Lets hope that final reviews with launch drivers actually show a real improvement over the 290x then :p

Its interesting to me that they state the 390 and 390x are intended for 4k gaming, because unless there is something we don't know, the GPU's in those things are not fast enough for 4k without 2 or 3 of them installed in Crossfire.

Zarathustra[H];1041668780 said:
Lets hope that final reviews with launch drivers actually show a real improvement over the 290x then :p

Its interesting to me that they state the 390 and 390x are intended for 4k gaming, because unless there is something we don't know, the GPU's in those things are not fast enough for 4k without 2 or 3 of them installed in Crossfire.
They also said the 380 was for 1440p. :|

The Windforce G1 390X is a dual-fan design.
I suspect there are some good power gains coming.

RPp2cyP.jpg

im not too excited.. the 290X used Windforce old version with thinner and less heatpipes.. if they update to the newer "Windforce 600W OUT" heatpipe configuration with 2x larger fans they will be good enough.. but certainly the size its great..

I have to admit I was wrong about the 3xx series and especially the 290x->390x. AMD has managed to exceed my modest expectations.

Back