37" westy LVM-37W3SE $569 +$5 shipping

The description links to [H] (well, part of it anyway). Pretty good deal though, especially considering it isn't a refurb.

Very hot. If you dont have one yet, just do it. Youll thank me later.

oh dammit... just bought car parts... ugh.

oO nice. Looking at inputs though and only see 1 HDMI which could be a turn off for many. Has a rare DVI-D though!

I have one in my bedroom and could not be any more happier with it.

want want want... I already have one but I want another. :p

damn woot is expensive to my wallet. Will look sweet on my desk though, it completes my set (for now). Now I just have to dread their shipping...

22"37"22", all via dvi on my desktop, all Westy. I will like methinks...:D And will match my next build well. (been awhile).

Seems like a pretty good deal to me. If I didn't already have a couple, I'd be in for one.

Seems like a pretty good deal to me. If I didn't already have a couple, I'd be in for one.

Same here, but the deal at onSale is definitely the best yet. $549 shipped + a free wall mount, but you have to deal with the rebates. Still, it's so tempting to order another if I knew these wouldn't be $400 in a couple of months lol. I doubt that but man people are really cranking out the deals on these.

It's pretty hot for me compare the deal with onsale.com and buy.com, since woot doesn't charge tax and only 5% shipping for California. Plus I don't need to deal with the rebate for onsale.com. Thanks OP!

i've been thinking about this since last night. very good deal, but i've heard westinghouses are crap. i may just wait until black friday, these tvs will probably be $500 or less.

i've been thinking about this since last night. very good deal, but i've heard westinghouses are crap. i may just wait until black friday, these tvs will probably be $500 or less.

Guess you missed the [H] thread filled with literally thousands of posts from satisfied owners...I'm serious, to say that thing was massive would be an understatement, and the 37" Westy proved to be a huge hit.

Read the reviews on most any site. You'll find that the vast majority of owners are very happy with these units. Don't go off of what you've "heard" just because it's not a Sony, LG, etc.

And it's not a TV, it's a monitor!! First and foremost this model was designed to be a monitor. And for that it does a fantastic job. Not to mention it has inputs for just about any video game console or home theater equipment you might have.

Great display. Great price! If you're on the fence, go for it. It's awesome.

my last online tv purchase was a bad experience, it came cracked on the top and i had to go through a pain in the ass exchange process. from what people in the woot thread are saying, westinghouse's customer service is awful. not to mention when i go to walmart or best buy, the picture quality of the westy models isn't impressive when compared side-by-side with vizio, which is one of the other cheaper brands that gets much higher ratings.

Wow and to think almost 1 1/2 years ago I paid $940 shipped for this. I have been nothing but happy with mine. At this price? Man........

somebody post a picture of your monitor in action.

I'll get you some pix when i get home from work today. Got my PC on DVI. Xbox360 on VGA. GameCube on RCA. PC uses its own speaker and both consoles using internal speakers. Internal's not THAT impressive... but maybe it's because I swapped it back and forth with my proper PC speaker set w/ a sub.

my last online tv purchase was a bad experience, it came cracked on the top and i had to go through a pain in the ass exchange process. from what people in the woot thread are saying, westinghouse's customer service is awful. not to mention when i go to walmart or best buy, the picture quality of the westy models isn't impressive when compared side-by-side with vizio, which is one of the other cheaper brands that gets much higher ratings.

Once again, that is when the Westy is being used as a television display, and the 37W3 was never intended for use as a TV. It can do it if you have an external tuner (cable/satellite box), but there are better units out there for watching TV. Westinghouse does have several models with built-in tuners and their image quality is quite good but I've never compared them side by side.

I'm telling you, if you use this as a PC monitor, color is excellent and text is very sharp. No complaints at all. The image quality is really really good when using 360 or PS3 over HDMI. Not quite as good over component, but that's probably to be expected.

If you're considering it for a TV, I'd look elsewhere if for no other reason than it doesn't have a built-in tuner. But overall, nearly everyone that uses this for a monitor is MORE than satisfied.

I mean my hearts beatin, my hearts beatin my hands are shakin, my hands are shakin

...just sell out already so I can stop thinking about it,

Once again, that is when the Westy is being used as a television display, and the 37W3 was never intended for use as a TV. It can do it if you have an external tuner (cable/satellite box), but there are better units out there for watching TV. Westinghouse does have several models with built-in tuners and their image quality is quite good but I've never compared them side by side.

I'm telling you, if you use this as a PC monitor, color is excellent and text is very sharp. No complaints at all. The image quality is really really good when using 360 or PS3 over HDMI. Not quite as good over component, but that's probably to be expected.

If you're considering it for a TV, I'd look elsewhere if for no other reason than it doesn't have a built-in tuner. But overall, nearly everyone that uses this for a monitor is MORE than satisfied.

i thought having no built-in tuner didn't matter as long as you have a cable/satellite box. i have a directv hd box myself.

$799 from the Costco deal almost 2 years ago, and it was worth. every. single. penny.

i thought having no built-in tuner didn't matter as long as you have a cable/satellite box. i have a directv hd box myself.

Right, you're good then.

I've never tried it, but I've heard that for SDTV the Westinghouse units do pale in comparison to other units because of their lower contrast ratios and black levels that aren't as good as those of Samsung, Panasonic, etc. But for HDTV they should do quite nicely, since 720p/1080p content on these looks very very good. And for the price...man.

Even if I didn't want to use this primarily as a monitor...if I had an HD tuner and just wanted it to do occasional PC or console duty, I'd buy it without thinking twice. For $550-$600, yeah, it's that good. It won't compete with TVs in the $1,500-$2,000 range, but it's not intended to. It will, however, give you MOST of the performance for less than 1/2 the cost.

For PC and console use, at this size and price it's pretty much unrivaled.

Someone asked for an image.

37w3a.jpg

For comparison, the monitor to the right is a 22" westy.

As it has been said. For PC or Console gaming, this monitor is the one stop shop. I am using it now and couldn't be happier. Two of my friends bought one after they used mine for a bit, and both of them are extremely happy with the purchase.

I bought one a couple of weeks ago when buy.com had their sale for about the same price. I hated ordering from Buy.com...took forever to ship and receive my Westy, but it's such a great monitor at a great price.

No bleeding, no dead/stuck pixels, uniform backlighting...just a fantastic monitor for the price.

My fucking hutch...:(

I'd have to place the monitor on the part of the desk that's not covered by the hutch and it'd be two feet away from my face. Otherwise I'd be all over this like Blackwater on civilians.

I'd have to place the monitor on the part of the desk that's not covered by the hutch and it'd be two feet away from my face. Otherwise I'd be all over this like Blackwater on civilians.

Damnit son, you made me spit out my drink!

My wife has the 22" and I was fairly impressed with it... that 37" sitting next to the 22" pic, though, looks like it has better color and contrast. Mmmm, I've been debating this all day; if I had my e247wfp sold, I'd be all over it. Not sure though.... money is SUCH a problem. Hurry up government, pay me $700 billion plz.

Docks were made for ships, not the other way around. If the dock cannot fit the newer better ships then you have to get a new dock....Buy a better desk i say, or remove that damn hutch :p. Seriously, if you shop around online at officedepot, staples, officemax, office depot, target.com, walmart.com you'd be surprised how many great deals there are on desks. Don't forget to google for coupon codes while you're at it ;)

I'll agree with the other posters, if you're looking for a huge PC monitor, look no further. BUT if you're looking for a television then look elsewhere. My buddy uses his strictly for PC and PC gaming and it looks absolutely gorgeous imho.

Only a few hours left people!

Here it is at my old place on my other Jerker.

dsc00060lv4.jpg

So beautiful, go buy it!

Docks were made for ships, not the other way around. If the dock cannot fit the newer better ships then you have to get a new dock....Buy a better desk i say, or remove that damn hutch .

Eh, I can't justify doing that to myself...yet. For one thing, this is a pretty nice desk. When I got married I had this $40 plastic fold-out monstrosity for a year. When I got a new job, I treated myself to a $300 desk with a deep cherry finish. It was one of the rare desks I found that accommodates real computer equipment as well as books and things.

The other thing is that I already own a 24" Dell and 22" HP. So I'm not exactly suffering in the eye-candy department.

desk.jpg

Thanks to you people, I just bought it. Thank you for putting me in debt. AND MAKING MY ROOM LOOK BETTER :D

I'm tempted to buy it since I need an LCD (my CRT gives off too much heat), but 37" just seems excessive... and it would probably generate just as much heat at that size.

Back