360s still failing.

It can be considered blowing at it. The air hits the ceiling and drops down and hits the 360.

Course that doesn't also explain why it'd break when watercooled. Which ends up fixing the X-clamp flaw also.

That bending thing you're talking about is unlikely simply because if the machine got that hot it would automatically shut itself off with a 2 red light error. It takes many hot / cold cycles to warp the motherboard enough to stress the solder. Better cooling would reduce the temperature differential, but not eliminate it.

I've never gotten a 2 red light error. My 360s just overheats, then locks up. I only get the 3 red lights (RROD).

The 360 has all kinds of flaws in it. Bad solder. Bad motherboard mounting. Bad cooling. Bad cooling mounts. Loud optical drives. Optical drive scratches discs.

I'm not gonna say that I don't enjoy my time with my 360. If I didn't, I wouldn't have owned 4 of them. Course, I won't say my time has been completely without incident.

Yeah, once your 360 is fucked it'll 3RL before it gets to the 2RL (thermal protection) stage. I tried to kill a healthy 360 with towels (long story) and could only get it to 2RL.

I've given up on MS fixing the issue anytime soon. I just take it into my own hands. Working on better mounting for the mobo.

the 360's looks like they was designed by 10 year old kids. i think the GPU and CPU itself is utter pants ie the design and tech that goes behind it is not reliable hench why there is NO 100% fix method out there atm.

xclamp dont work, towel trick dont work and even W/C it dont work

i think the only wayt o fix this issue is to re deisgn the mobo and chipset

i think the only wayt o fix this issue is to re deisgn the mobo and chipset
...and as has already been said, it's already fixed. I don't think you're willing to accept that possibility though.

(I appreciate it doesn't help people with original model 360s)

Already fixed? The Falcon was suppose to do that, but it RRODs. The new Jasper is meant to fix that, but it also RRODs. Granted, both of them have brought down the failure rates, but they are still much higher than the PS3 and Wii.

I've already shown that even the Falcon model fails on a par with the PS3 (Over at NeoGAF, comparing reported failures for the 40gb PS3 - released about a month after the Falcon revision of the 360) for a period of a year after the Falcon was released, yet still the obsession remains. I can sort of understand it, as it's probably natural to assume that any 360 failures mean there's still a problem. Doesn't make it right though. It's like people suddenly expect 0 failures to be reported... which is impossible for any electronics device. Hell, I've had two Wiis die on me and they're widely regarded as the most reliable of the three.

Everything I've seen so far points to the Jasper revision being better again.

Yes, the early 360s had disgusting failure rates and the refurbs are a joke (it's why I started tracking 360 failure information in the first place). But refusing to believe that the new models are pretty much in the same league as the other consoles (well, the PS3 at least) smacks of putting your fingers in your ears and shouting "La la la, I'm not listening!"

Last edited:
I've already shown that even the Falcon model fails on a par with the PS3 (Over at NeoGAF, comparing reported failures for the 40gb PS3 - released about a month after the Falcon revision of the 360) for a period of a year after the Falcon was released, yet still the obsession remains. I can sort of understand it, as it's probably natural to assume that any 360 failures mean there's still a problem. Doesn't make it right though. It's like people suddenly expect 0 failures to be reported... which is impossible for any electronics device. Hell, I've had two Wiis die on me and they're widely regarded as the most reliable of the three.

Everything I've seen so far points to the Jasper revision being better again.

Yes, the early 360s had disgusting failure rates and the refurbs are a joke (it's why I started tracking 360 failure information in the first place). But refusing to believe that the new models are pretty much in the same league as the other consoles (well, the PS3 at least) smacks of putting your fingers in your ears and shouting "La la la, I'm not listening!"

I never said I expected 0 failures. 2% or lower is normal, but I don't think the Falcon even got that low. Then the NXE update came out, increasing failure rates. Now we've got the Jasper. It's a wait and see game to see how well it'll do, but if ppl are already getting RRODs with them, it's not looking good. (I already showed over at NeoGAF that every model of Xbox 360 has 100% failure rate. Guess what? I can randomly say that too)

Do you have any basis for posting any of this, or is it just stuff you're thinking up on the fly? If you want to discuss rather than blindly troll, why don't you go here and actually look at some of the data: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=15461628&postcount=10058

I'd love for you to show what basis your "NXE increasing failure rates" has in reality... but I get the feeling you've got absolutely no interest in facts, you're basically just here to troll. Congratulations. If you've got access to more comprehensive information on failure rates from anywhere online, please feel free to post a link to it. I'm always interested.

Oh, and if you want to put my falcon / 40gb PS3 statement to the test... please feel free to collate all the information yourself over there. The respective PS3 / 360 failure threads are easy to find with a search and all it takes is a bit of reading.

Oh, and one last thing... here's some basic maths. Assuming MS has sold 10m falcons since they launched (they've shipped more than 15m machines in that timeframe) and they do have a 2% failure rate (Average for CE devices is higher, but it's the number you gave). That would mean that at least 200k of those machines will fail. Still think you shouldn't be hearing about Falcon model failures?

Last edited:
Do you have any basis for posting any of this, or is it just stuff you're thinking up on the fly? If you want to discuss rather than blindly troll, why don't you go here and actually look at some of the data: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=15461628&postcount=10058

I'd love for you to show what basis your "NXE increasing failure rates" has in reality... but I get the feeling you've got absolutely no interest in facts, you're basically just here to troll. Congratulations. If you've got access to more comprehensive information on failure rates from anywhere online, please feel free to post a link to it. I'm always interested.
That link is pretty cool, nice one and nice effort!

Basis for posting. Sure. The basis is that ppl's consoles are still failing and all these "My Xbox broke" are still popping up all over the place.

Sure, I can go ahead and make a chart like you did for not even 0.002% of 360 buyers, but doesn't mean much. So what happens if you go to another forum and end up with much higher numbers? What if those who've gone through multiple 360s, simply don't care to post about their 360 issues again? What if they don't post what 360 they own? What if the RROD isn't for the normal RROD issue?

Without an actual closed test, any data I can provide is worthless. I can only read what goes on, on the net. Microsoft knew the NXE would cause issues, so they ramped up for it. (but they're looking more at software bugs, etc). Then Microsoft ended up throwing the new E74 error into 3 year warranty. If I decided to put it into a chart, it'd be inconclusive. Bad data isn't worthwhile to collect.

Basis for posting. Sure. The basis is that ppl's consoles are still failing and all these "My Xbox broke" are still popping up all over the place.
2% failure rate = 200k failures for 10m sold. I can point you to "My PS3 broke" threads all over the place too. Doesn't mean anything though does it.

What if those who've gone through multiple 360s, simply don't care to post about their 360 issues again?
Yeah, sure, which is why I've got multiple people on my list who have had 5+ 360s fail on them and the overall level of posting hasn't changed much in the two years I've been tracking these numbers for...

Look, you're not even vaguely interested in hearing anything but what you want to believe so I'll just leave you with a single stat. It's taken from the same forum, with a continually increasing userbase and with an obviously increasing number of 360s being sold.

First 17 months of recorded 360 (Launch / Zephyr) failures over at NeoGAF: 1017 failures
First 17 months of recorded 360 (Falcon) failures over at NeoGAF: 44 failures.

That's only 4% as many Falcon failures reported in the same period of time, with more users posting and more 360s sold. If you believe the one reported independent statistic we have, you're looking at a 16.4% failure rate as of Feb 08 and an estimate that "most if not all were the original motherboard" (http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3166259)... now look at how that might translate to the new models based on the posted stats above. You'd be looking at a pretty normal failure rate.

Feel free to continue posting anything you can pluck out of thin air, but if you expect anyone to respect your opinions on the matter, at least try to back it up with something.

Do you have stats for how many ppl on NeoGAF bought a 360 during those time periods? How many bought the Zephyr and how many bought the Falcon?

If there were 44 Falcon failures and only 50 ppl at NeoGAF bought a Falcon, what kind of failure rates do you think that is? Comparing it to overall worldwide sales doesn't do much of anything either.

Everything you're posting doesn't back anything up, except the 1up's posting of whatever other anaylsts posted.

The data isn't perfect... but you're trying to hard to discredit an obvious trend. Imperfect data or not. Not to mention that a significant proportion of the people who post about their failed 360 in that thread trade their refurb machine in so that they can buy a new model rather than stay on the refurb merry-go-round.

Just face it, you'll never be willing to accept that the situation has improved. It doesn't matter what you see which says otherwise. I guess you felt the same way about the PS2... despite the fact that they too solved their hardware problems after a poor initial run. Anyway, I'm done discussing it with you... it's quite pointless.

Do you have stats for how many ppl on NeoGAF bought a 360 during those time periods? How many bought the Zephyr and how many bought the Falcon?

If there were 44 Falcon failures and only 50 ppl at NeoGAF bought a Falcon, what kind of failure rates do you think that is? Comparing it to overall worldwide sales doesn't do much of anything either.

Everything you're posting doesn't back anything up, except the 1up's posting of whatever other anaylsts posted.

Funny that your only response to data is feelings and personal theories that have zero evidence beyond your whim...one of these things is not like the other.

krotch, do you actually have time to play games? I mean it seems like you spend all of your time bashing the xbox360 leaving no time for you to actually do anything else man.....might want to take a break and get some sleep before you croak......

krotch, do you actually have time to play games? I mean it seems like you spend all of your time bashing the xbox360 leaving no time for you to actually do anything else man.....might want to take a break and get some sleep before you croak......

LOL it doesnt take even a minute to write a single post on bashing the 360. what a way to overexadurate lol

Only time I post in this forum is at work. I play tons of games. Be it on 360, PC, PS3, or PSP.

Mine just failed and it was a launch Elite. What is really odd is I turned it on and it was just fine then I ran the system update (yes i havent been on in a bit) and then all of a sudden RROD. I got it replaced for free via repair. But damn MS.

I'm waiting for the Jasper to be more prevalent before I replace my Japanese 360. I always fear mine will break. Well, at least the one that works. I'm still modding my other one.

Back