360s still failing.

They should give free MS Live Points for those who have to send in for repairs. Like 100 live points for each day you are without your console.

man this shit is getting old, look while ever there are certain chipset 360s being sent out as returds theres gonna be rrod, stop bitching about how many 360s youve been through ffs.

no my biggest complaint is that its unreliable and keeps breaking. O and they dont fix my 360's, they send people refurbes. try again mr 360 fanboy

Refurbish means fix. I guess you'd rather that they fix your specific console and make it take weeks instead of sending you out one they've fixed already so you get your console sooner?

Makes sense to me. I'm not sure what all you whiners really want....maybe for them to not warranty the product at all and just let you pay hundreds of dollars to fix it instead? They made a shitty piece of hardware initially, and now they're standing by it. What more do you want, public suicides by their executives? Personally, I'm happy with the guarantee that if the one I have breaks, they'll replace it for free.

Refurbish means fix. I guess you'd rather that they fix your specific console and make it take weeks instead of sending you out one they've fixed already so you get your console sooner?

Makes sense to me. I'm not sure what all you whiners really want....maybe for them to not warranty the product at all and just let you pay hundreds of dollars to fix it instead? They made a shitty piece of hardware initially, and now they're standing by it. What more do you want, public suicides by their executives? Personally, I'm happy with the guarantee that if the one I have breaks, they'll replace it for free.

Nah, they should send you a brand new console instead of a refurb. Also many ppl are getting "fixed" refurbs back that aren't so fixed.

I think they should work on making a better cooling solution. I'd replace the drive with a slot loading slim drive, that way there's more room for a bigger heatsink for the gpu. A rear backplate for the heatsinks.

Sure there'd be an increase in cost for production, but they'll probably get less RRODs, if at all.

Doesn't make any difference with the new GPU though. They should change the design... but mostly for the purposes of making them smaller now.

I'd also like to see a horizontally mounted 120mm fan to reduce the pitch of the fan noise and increase CFM too.

I would rather have my Xbox 360 replaced a 3rd or 4th time for free, then have to pay $150 for my YLOD on my PS3.

Still on my 1st PS3 and I bought it about 1 1/2 months after it's Japanese release. I bought my 1st 360 a year and a month after it's release. It lasted a month. 2nd one lasted a month. I'm on my 3rd now and it seems to be doing fine. 4th one is also doing fine, but I only use it about once a month.

my 360 outlasted my friends playstation which developed some sort of disc reading error (sometime it reads, and other times, nothing. only blurays though, dvds read just fine) by about 3 or 4 months. so for us, both consoles have problems, but mine is covered by the 3 year warranty and free to fix, his will cost him at least a hundred bucks.

i understand over the span of all owners of both systems, 360 has more errors, but in terms of how they're dealing with the problems, i'm happy with how ms is handling their issues.

it doesn't really help my friend that most ps3s are more stable that most 360's

If he knows what he's doing, he could buy a broken PS3 off ebay for $50, then swap drives. I need to buy a couple PS3s off ebay. I have a Japanese PS3, but I want a 60 gig US PS3 also.

Nah, they should send you a brand new console instead of a refurb. Also many ppl are getting "fixed" refurbs back that aren't so fixed.

I think they should work on making a better cooling solution. I'd replace the drive with a slot loading slim drive, that way there's more room for a bigger heatsink for the gpu. A rear backplate for the heatsinks.

Sure there'd be an increase in cost for production, but they'll probably get less RRODs, if at all.

well said. thats why i am forever replacing mine as they keep sending me refurbs. if they sent me a brand new one, it may of lasted longer but because they dont. it keeps breaking from light usage of it.

its pathetic really plus Sony's offering is a bit better because you dont have to wait for them to fix it or send u a refurb, they will literely swap your broken ps3 for another refurb one.

many refurbs of the ps3, are more reliable then refurbed 360's it seems

its pathetic really plus Sony's offering is a bit better because you dont have to wait for them to fix it or send u a refurb, they will literely swap your broken ps3 for another refurb one.

Wait, weren't you just bitching about having a broken console replaced by a refurb?

well said. thats why i am forever replacing mine as they keep sending me refurbs. if they sent me a brand new one, it may of lasted longer but because they dont. it keeps breaking from light usage of it.

many refurbs of the ps3, are more reliable then refurbed 360's it seems

Wait, weren't you just bitching about having a broken console replaced by a refurb?

Learn how to quote properly!!

Well my 360 is over a year old and has heavy usage and not one RROD, nor has my brother or my friends... I understand that the RROD is a real issue and has rates that are higher than average for new electronics. But seriously do most electronics have free repairs and replacements? Hell no. If your Ipod breaks apple isn't going to give you a new one. Asking Microsoft to send you a shiny new box just becuase your old one broke is a little ridiculous.

Learn how to quote properly!!

lol

Well my 360 is over a year old and has heavy usage and not one RROD, nor has my brother or my friends... I understand that the RROD is a real issue and has rates that are higher than average for new electronics. But seriously do most electronics have free repairs and replacements? Hell no. If your Ipod breaks apple isn't going to give you a new one. Asking Microsoft to send you a shiny new box just becuase your old one broke is a little ridiculous.

I don't know. Razer sent me a brand new Razer Lycosa keyboard and I still have my old busted one too. Well, it's not so busted, but it had a design flaw. Much like the 360. The keyboard costs $100 too, so it's not exactly cheap.

My old laptop broke within its warranty and acer happily replaced it with a new one as it couldnt be fixed at all.

I also bought a canon printer and it failed within a month and guess what? new one replaced.

You see, if you buy something and it fails due to not being your fault, you deserve a brand new one, not a refurb!

However, if the problem is an "easy fix" then a refurb unit could be as good as a new reliable one but because the rrod hasnt been permanently fixed, refurbs are just as bad as a broken 3rrod 360.

broken hdd = new replacement
broken gpu = new replacement
broken cpu = new replacement
broken fleshlight = hooker to your door

oh wait....

broken hdd = new replacement
broken gpu = new replacement
broken cpu = new replacement
broken fleshlight = hooker to your door

oh wait....

i don't think that's quite a fair comparison as the xbox uses all of those components. i think it's fair to say that if my xbox's fleshlight broke they'd replace that one part with a new one.

the comparison would be more apt to a car. if you bring in your car to service because, say, the muffler rusted out, they're not going to give you a brand new car.

i don't think that's quite a fair comparison as the xbox uses all of those components. i think it's fair to say that if my xbox's fleshlight broke they'd replace that one part with a new one.

the comparison would be more apt to a car. if you bring in your car to service because, say, the muffler rusted out, they're not going to give you a brand new car.

a car is more complex and more expensive and dangerous then a bloody console LOL. if your breaks stop working while your driving in a motoway it could cause a fatel accident whilst a console flashing 3 red lights wont cause no serious injury lol

try again mate. bad comparison

If your car had a serious flaw, they'd probably completely fix the issue or give you a new car. Not duct tape fix it and possibly have you come back later for replacement duct tape.

a car is more complex and more expensive and dangerous then a bloody console LOL. if your breaks stop working while your driving in a motoway it could cause a fatel accident whilst a console flashing 3 red lights wont cause no serious injury lol

try again mate. bad comparison

how do the consequences of failure factor into the comparison? engine failure in an airplane is more dangerous than engine failure on a boat, does that mean you can't compare an airplane to a boat when talking about vehicles?

maybe if i use crayons you'll understand it better:
if my PC stop working, do i throw it out and buy a new one? no i find out what's wrong and replace that part. if the heat sink fan isn't working i'll buy a new one, etc.

if i buy a computer through dell and it gets to me with a faulty motherboard, they'll send me a new motherboard. or i'll send it back and guess what they'll do? they'll replace the motherboard.

in grown up land, where things are more expensive and better made, you can't just expect that everything that breaks is replace with shiny new shit. sure your nerf gun that breaks at the handle will be replaced with a brand new one, but that doesn't mean you should expect it from everything

how do the consequences of failure factor into the comparison? engine failure in an airplane is more dangerous than engine failure on a boat, does that mean you can't compare an airplane to a boat when talking about vehicles?

maybe if i use crayons you'll understand it better:
if my PC stop working, do i throw it out and buy a new one? no i find out what's wrong and replace that part. if the heat sink fan isn't working i'll buy a new one, etc.

if i buy a computer through dell and it gets to me with a faulty motherboard, they'll send me a new motherboard. or i'll send it back and guess what they'll do? they'll replace the motherboard.

in grown up land, where things are more expensive and better made, you can't just expect that everything that breaks is replace with shiny new shit. sure your nerf gun that breaks at the handle will be replaced with a brand new one, but that doesn't mean you should expect it from everything
diddnt you read my post. i got a brand new laptop when mine broke. MS dont have a clue what causes the rrod otherwise guess what kido, there refurbs would work but most dont. thats the point that you fanboys dont understand.

i must admit when my 2 year old astra failed i fought for a new one and won. same with my brothers audi q7, same with my dyson, washing machine,mobile phone, all cost more than a 360. its the same with most of the stuff i own, real world is if you sit back youll get taken for a ride, MS "you had an early chpset that failed, heres another fuckin 360 with the same fuckin chipset cont! its guarunteed to fail! Now go fuck yourself for a bit longer!" you have to fight and use your voice or youll get fucked. refurb is a fuckin joke.

Last edited:
i must admit when my 2 year old astra failed i fought for a new one and won. same with my brothers audi q7, same with my dyson, washing machine,mobile phone, all cost more than a 360. its the same with most of the stuff i own, real world is if you sit back youll get taken for a ride, MS "you had an early chpset that failed, heres another fuckin 360 with the same fuckin chipset cont! its guarunteed to fail! Now go fuck yourself for a bit longer!" you have to fight and use your voice or youll get fucked. refurb is a fuckin joke.

It is and some of these people will defend MS regardless and thats being a typical fanboy who is too blind to see the truth

bah these multiple rrod people have them sitting under thier dirty fuckn socks I bet... There's nothing touchng mine except for the shelf underneath it and empty space alll around it. It's an original unit. 3 friends same story, one friend had it vertical next to monitor and waalaa rrod....

so i should throw away my xbox because it broke down? even though i love playing the games?

bah these multiple rrod people have them sitting under thier dirty fuckn socks I bet... There's nothing touchng mine except for the shelf underneath it and empty space alll around it. It's an original unit. 3 friends same story, one friend had it vertical next to monitor and waalaa rrod....

If you looked at things, majority didn't.

My two 360s that RROD'd were sitting on a night stand by themselves with an floor standing A/C unit blowing on it. Explain that to me.

I also at another point in time, had it watercooled, yet it still RROD'd. Explain that to me.

Xbox%20small.JPG

Currently my 360s. I haven't gotten around to heatgun fixing the broken ones.

bah, another blinded fanboy emerges into this thread

so i should throw away my xbox because it broke down? even though i love playing the games?
According to to this thread yes... :rolleyes:
Mine are still going strong and I'm not losing any sleep over it. My PS3 is also F@H 24/7, so maybe I'm just one of the lucky ones. :p

My two 360s that RROD'd were sitting on a night stand by themselves with an floor standing A/C unit blowing on it.
Probably nothing to do with the RRoD... but you shouldn't ever point an air conditioner directly at electronics equipment unless it's specifically designed for that task.

Aside from that, RRoD isn't specifically about the machine overheating. It's thermal expansion / contraction causing cracks in the solder.

so they are vertical which is worse for them and you are heating them then super cooling them? Making the solder crack even easier... either way I'm hardly a fan boy of anything except firearms myself I just have common sense and if a person has multiple broken xboxes they are probably doing something to hasten their demise imo but that doesn't mean I am saying the machnes are without problems.

man lol at all the retards that didn't read the part of the warranty that pretty much states "We will repair the product with new or refurbished parts at our descretion"

no wonder our country is so messed up, people cannot read...........

Probably nothing to do with the RRoD... but you shouldn't ever point an air conditioner directly at electronics equipment unless it's specifically designed for that task.

Aside from that, RRoD isn't specifically about the machine overheating. It's thermal expansion / contraction causing cracks in the solder.

RROD is also about the bending of the mobo under heat, causing the gpu/cpu from seperating off the mobo. At least that's one of the theories.

Also, nothing wrong with having an A/C unit blowing cool air over electronics. Same thing as a server room. My A/C unit stood about 5-6 ft away, with the air blowing up into the ceiling. Cool air drops, hot air rises. Best place for the cool air to go.

so they are vertical which is worse for them and you are heating them then super cooling them? Making the solder crack even easier... either way I'm hardly a fan boy of anything except firearms myself I just have common sense and if a person has multiple broken xboxes they are probably doing something to hasten their demise imo but that doesn't mean I am saying the machnes are without problems.

Kind of funny, considering I'm doing the exact same thing with my current 2 Xboxes and they're running fine.

My first 2 Xboxes broke like nothing. Didn't even last a month each. My 3rd one which was put in the same location, in the same environment, but works fine. Been running now for over 3 years. I bought a US model last year Feb. It's been doing fine in the same type environment.

Maybe it broke, due to being built like a pile of crap. Some got lucky, some didn't.

Also, nothing wrong with having an A/C unit blowing cool air over electronics. Same thing as a server room. My A/C unit stood about 5-6 ft away, with the air blowing up into the ceiling. Cool air drops, hot air rises. Best place for the cool air to go.
You said it was blowing at it... hence the bad idea comment. Not to mention that the A/C units in server rooms have very specific levels on the amount of moisture they're allowed to put out.

That bending thing you're talking about is unlikely simply because if the machine got that hot it would automatically shut itself off with a 2 red light error. It takes many hot / cold cycles to warp the motherboard enough to stress the solder. Better cooling would reduce the temperature differential, but not eliminate it.

Back