34" 21:9 UltraWide Displays (3440x1440) - AOC u3477pqu

The delay was confirmed on twitter: https://twitter.com/aoc_monitors/status/524932458861838336

That's bullshit. I'm incredibly tired of waiting, and will spend my money with LG or Dell, if AOC doesn't wanna sell this in the US.

Yes that's what it is. They don't *want* to sell in the US and Europe.

I commend them for delaying the release rather than keep selling products known to have problems. *Cough* LG *Cough*

That's bullshit. I'm incredibly tired of waiting, and will spend my money with LG or Dell, if AOC doesn't wanna sell this in the US.

From AOC UK rep:

I can only accept any and all abuse that comes our way!, it is very unfortunate that we found an issue in production and we are starting all over again.

I guess we would rather provide a 100% working product than ship an in demand product we knew was below par....even if it does mean 10-12 week delay

So... no 34'' 21:9 AOC monitor for Christmas!

Well crap, looks like LG for me since I have to buy it by the end of the year. Hope I win the panel lottery!

Yes that's what it is. They don't *want* to sell in the US and Europe.

I commend them for delaying the release rather than keep selling products known to have problems. *Cough* LG *Cough*

I'm sorry, but it did appear that way to many, with units starting to be sold in specific locales just recently and new units just issued to reviewers (with only an official mention of a UK delay until November late last week, until the new announcement today).

In case you forgot, there is still no product page for the U3477PQU on their US website. AOC Europe's page has been up since June (while the identical AOC LV343HUPX has been on sale in Asia since July).

So they've been selling a defective product for 3 months now, yet all reviews, both professional and consumer, have been very positive? :confused:

From AOC UK rep:

And sorry, I wasn't calling your info bullshit, just the bad news! :) (I've been following all the forum threads in US, UK, AU, etc. and scouring the interwebs for this stupid display several times a day for months).

Guess I'll be happy with one of the four QHD ultrawides from LG. Just think the AOC is f'ing sexy in comparison, and that the LG's are overpriced for consumer-grade monitors.

I've been in need of another monitor all year, so this news is just very depressing :(

I'm sorry, but it did appear that way to many, with units starting to be sold in specific locales just recently and new units just issued to reviewers (with only an official mention of a UK delay until November late last week, until the new announcement today).

In case you forgot, there is still no product page for the U3477PQU on their US website. AOC Europe's page has been up since June (while the identical AOC LV343HUPX has been on sale in Asia since July).

So they've been selling a defective product for 3 months now, yet all reviews, both professional and consumer, have been very positive? :confused:

Much of AOC's business is in Europe and Asia. They often launch their products there first. This isn't a cause for a temper tantrum. We are lucky that many products launch first in the USA but not all companies do or should have to.

If a company publicly states their first batch bound for the UK and USA is defective, I tend to believe them. I can't imagine why else they would put out such bad PR...and no, I don't think it is simply because they don't "want" to sell their monitors as you've stated.

All that said, I am really disappointed too. I've spent more time than I care to admit chasing any and all information about the U3477PQU for the last month. I really had my heart set on getting one prior to christmas.

^^ Wasn't a temper tantrum my friend. Just that I thought this 4th delay was bullshit.

They can take another year to fix whatever unnamed defects suddenly popped up (and oddly weren't present in European and Asian batches that have been shipping for months). It really won't matter, as too many of their potential customers for this product are already tired of waiting and will probably jump ship to one of the four available LG QHD ultrawides, or the Dell that's launching next month, or the upcoming Philips and Samsung models.

I'm sure they *want* to sell this display in the US & UK.. perhaps they just haven't figured out how to produce an acceptable unit at a price low enough to meet the expectations of both markets?

AOC U3477PQU Review @FlatpanelsHD.com (DK) (Oct. 31, 2014)..

http://www.flatpanelshd.com/review.php?subaction=showfull&id=1414762607&rss

OdmRu3X.jpg

____

AOC Unveils U3477PQU in Australia (Press Release) (Oct. 28, 2014)..

http://www.cso.com.au/mediareleases/20814/aoc-unveils-new-u3477pqu-monitor-broadening/

____

Very weird that they're delaying release in certain markets til 2015, yet still issuing press announcements and review units :confused:

Last edited:
AOC U3477PQU Review @FlatpanelsHD.com (UK) (Oct. 31, 2014)..

http://www.flatpanelshd.com/review.php?subaction=showfull&id=1414762607&rss

OdmRu3X.jpg

____

AOC Unveils U3477PQU in Australia (Press Release) (Oct. 28, 2014)..

http://www.cso.com.au/mediareleases/20814/aoc-unveils-new-u3477pqu-monitor-broadening/

____

Very weird that they're delaying release in certain markets til 2015, yet still issuing press announcements and review units :confused:

Cool review, but didn't seem to talk enough about gaming performance. Need more detail. And BTW it's a Danish site, not British.

And BTW it's a Danish site, not British.

Oops, my bad.. corrected. Just assumed it was British, since their retail link was showing Pricerunner.co.uk, when I'm in the US.

Just saw this posted over at OCUK today (LINK)..

I'm not allowed to give too many details about the delay as AOC told me in confidence. What I can say is the issue is nothing to do with a defect in the product itself. So it will be something you see appearing on international markets before the UK. And the review samples circulating are not 'defective' either.

So.. their "issue in production" isn't a "defect" with the product. Interesting.

And not to be a callous dick, but I'm really hoping that maybe this delay only effects UK distribution, and that AOC US was correct about their November availability :p ..seems incredibly unlikely, but with Oz sales officially starting, could still be a possibility.

Fine AFD you have my attention again. I still am not buying until the beginning of December...so I will keep my eyes open to see if this has a chance to come out before the end of the year :p

Man sounds like it should be in stores really soon with these reviews. Come on aoc tell us!

https://twitter.com/daparkvid/status/529008601298632704

Canada AOC says November 21st...Might that be for the US too? Hmmm!

Nice find, thanks! I would assume US & Canada launch should be the same, or very close, as they seem to be tied together under AOC N.America and share some of the same contacts and social media.

Just good to see this info was posted after the AOC UK delay announcement.. at least worth waiting out a purchase for 3 more weeks to find out :)

Well I hope AOC comes good for you guys.

I got completely and utterly fed up with the constant delays and just gave up and bought the LG 34" instead.

I like the stand on this one. Is it 100x100 vesa? If so I kinda want to get it for my LG...

So AOC US twitter account responded to me

https://twitter.com/bowhuntr11/status/529394511470792705

"@bowhuntr11 We are currently awaiting final confirmation of US retailers before we can announce availability. @AocCanada"

So.. that means, they are waiting to find out if Amazon, Newegg and others are willing to stock this particular product? (I'm sure they want to.. typing U34 into Amazon search has autocompleted to U3477PQU and redirected to the LG 34UM95 for months!)

Or that they're not making an official announcement until the product is actually in-stock at those retailers??

Either way, I guess that's good news and the first time that AOC has publicly mentioned selling this model in the US.

Other than the availability issues, I'm looking forward to see the street price of these monitors. I know it should be 599£ but with the LG sailing towards the 700€ I can't see how the AOC can be priced as announced.

Anyone's got cookies about that?

Guy doesn't answer the most asked questions like where he did get it from and how much he paied for, nor the bleeding issue but he seems really enthusiastic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG8W6XbJSzg

Lol. Saw that vid last night.. accent sounds Australian, where the U3477PQU just recently went on sale.

Several shops in Oz still have them in-stock. Here's one for $949 AUD (~$830 USD converted)..

http://www.scorptec.com.au/product/Monitors/25%2B_inch/56319-U3477PQU?special=yes

To put that price in perspective, the same shop also has the new LG 34UC97 for $1799 (~$1570 USD converted), which is ~17% more than it is in the US. This could translate to the U3477PQU being $699 actual street price at US launch.. $150 cheaper than the lowest UM94/95 pricing, which sounds about right. Hope AOC can get that sucker here ASAP, lest I be tempted to buy the Dell U3415W next month (or the UM94/95 when it finally dips below $800) ;)

Lol. Saw that vid last night.. accent sounds Australian, where the U3477PQU just recently went on sale.

Damn me. For a moment I wished I was hearing some exotic corner of Britain's accent. Oh well what else is Australia after all? :D

This could translate to the U3477PQU being $699 actual street price at US launch..
Agreed 101%

Last edited:
AOC U3477PQU coming to the US on Dec. 8th for $899 (US Press Release) (Nov. 19, 2014)..

The AOC 34” uwQHD monitor (U3477PQU) will be available December 8th at BestBuy.com and Amazon.com for $899.

_______

Paging Bowhntr! It's happening!! :D

Now wtf happened to that competitive pricing?? $899 seems waaay too high, even for MSRP. Shit, Newegg was selling the LG 34UM94 for only $849 shipped last week!

EDIT: Press release also states: "..3440 x 1440 resolution for gorgeous detail and more room to get work done with a pixel area that is 2.4 times larger than a Full HD monitor and equivalent to two 20” displays side by side."

I'm sure they meant 2x 27" side-by-side, and hopefully they screwed up the batshit crazy pricing as well. There's just no way this can be that much cheaper in Australia :(

Last edited:
AOC U3477PQU coming to the US on Dec. 8th for $899 (US Press Release) (Nov. 19, 2014)..

_______

Paging Bowhntr! It's happening!! :D

Now wtf happened to that competitive pricing?? $899 seems waaay too high, even for MSRP. Shit, Newegg was selling the LG 34UM94 for only $849 shipped last week!

EDIT: Press release also states: "..3440 x 1440 resolution for gorgeous detail and more room to get work done with a pixel area that is 2.4 times larger than a Full HD monitor and equivalent to two 20” displays side by side."

I'm sure they meant 2x 27" side-by-side, and hopefully they screwed up the batshit crazy pricing as well. There's just no way this can be that much cheaper in Australia :(

Whatever the cost, I'll probably Day 1 this. Not sure if I want to wait around for the Dell.

Whatever the cost, I'll probably Day 1 this. Not sure if I want to wait around for the Dell.

(Shhh.. let's at least bitch about the price a little, and hope this is just an outlandish MSRP and that the actual street price at launch is quite a bit less ;))

I can't say for certain, but I would definitely put money on the Dell U3415W launching in the US before the holiday shopping season is over (early Dec). At this point, they'd be incredibly foolish to miss out. And as sexy as I think the AOC is, at $900, I would likely spend the extra $300 for the curved Dell. Dunno. The competition is definitely good for us consumers.. just saw that Amazon dropped the price on their UM94 to $899 for the first time.

Haha didn't see you posted and saw this on another website, and I came here to post for you.

And ya glad its coming out, but I'm waiting to see what price/reviews/when the u3415w comes out. I'm leaning towards curved now. Lol

Honestly was expecting them to be shaving off more than $100 off the LG price in the US. They better have real stock in shops cause Holiday shopping season has arrived and they better not be shipping Asus-boat style.

That looks very nice.

I wish we'd find out that this was the one that just needs a firmware update to be freesync.

Back