32GB Amazon Fire Phone + 1-Year Amazon Prime Membership $140

seems pretty expensive to me, didn't this phone flop? .99-free would be a better price.

Or did you mean just using it as a device without service?

Considering this includes a year of prime its a solid price.. Your looking at 40 bucks for the phone if your a prime subscriber and plan to renew anyway.

seems pretty expensive to me, didn't this phone flop? .99-free would be a better price.

Or did you mean just using it as a device without service?

It's being sold off-contract. If your already in the market to purchase prime, paying up pan extra $40 for a decent spec phone is a good deal for someone that doesn't mind being stuck with Amazons ecosystem.

I wouldn't use this phone myself, but I'd have no problem giving it to my wife, or someone similarly non-tech savvy.

Will this phone work on Tmobile US?

I have a problem that all these cheap smart phones work only on ATT. People who don't want to spend much money don't use ATT because ATT is expensive.

Unless it's a carrier-specific version, the Fire Phone is a fully unlocked GSM device and can be used with any GSM carrier. I believe that includes T-Mo.

If this is the version with the SD800, like Amazon was selling not too long ago for $160 then it wasn't a flop. Its actually a really good phone with decent software geared strictly for Amazon services.

Also keep in mind these devices don't come with google play but it can be side loaded.

Also keep in mind that CM11 is now available and being actively developed so you can dump FireOS if you so choose. FireOS is slated to be updated to Lollipop, too.

How does CM11 work with a game like Kingdom Rush? APK?

My brain is confused. Part Nexus 5 32GB, part Moto G like price. Surplus, I suppose. Then a year of prime.

I got one on the controversial Prime Day.

Considered one of these, but the FireOS stuff seems like a hassle. I really do want to ditch this crappy phone that I have now, though...

Back