$30k iPhone Speakers

HardOCP News

[H] News
This is not a slam on iPhone owners...we'd make fun of any retard that dropped $30,000 on crap like this. The best part? It's named after what it will do to your wallet. Please let this be fake.

Nothing fake about it. It exists. I guess somebody has trouble reading below the picture?

It says right in the article that the product is real, but there is only ONE in existence, and it will be used at the companies booth at a convention as a attention grabber.

700 pounds....30k?
Wow...

The iPod can't even handle that great of an audio file.

I would imagine it would sound like pure shit.

At least with my audio setup and speakers from my computer and lossless rips, I bet that "dock" (paper weight) would be bad ass then. Otherwise....waste?

it's an attention grabber for a trade show, I'm sure there is an idiot out there somewhere that will buy it afterwards though.

Any company that can waste that much cast iron on a product that can only connect to advertisement grade mp3 sound should be laughed out of the market.

10000 is a pretty sick spec.

First of all, peons need not apply. This for ballers only.

Second, the guy who will actually buy this is probably gonna be ripped out of his tree partying it up with his peeps and all the hot bitches. He's not an audiophile nerd spending the afternoon assessing sound quality. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Personally, I'd put it right next to my Bang and Olufsen just to piss off my audiophile friends.

Just kidding around of course.

The 'photograph' looks like a digital manip. Look at the reflection on the right side of the photo. That would have to be one huge table they set that box on....

The 'photograph' looks like a digital manip. Look at the reflection on the right side of the photo. That would have to be one huge table they set that box on....

Dude, read the article, it's 4ft x 8ft... it's not made to "sit on a table"... it *is* the table.
The photo may be photochopped, but there's no reason why the company would lie about a device that will be at their booth at CES 2012.

Its because the experience of big sound died with the MP3.
High end house speaks and amps died with it... you gotta dig for the high end equipment these days...
Not this crap.
F going cheap.
Kids these days dont even know what a killer house stereo system sounds or much more -feels- like.

Man, this thing is like a party in a box! I mean, you could dance on top of it.

Steve, while I love [H] and I come here everyday to read news, I don't appreciate the use of the word "retard". Its not a very inclusive word to be used and I would appreciate it if such language isn't used for front page news reports.

The first clue that it's fake is that it says it's made by Behringer. They don't make anything high-end let alone insane-end.

The first clue that it's fake is that it says it's made by Behringer. They don't make anything high-end let alone insane-end.

That, and I'm not sure who they'd clone the design from on this one. Their ability to innovate practically starts and stops at the office photocopier :D

Steve, while I love [H] and I come here everyday to read news, I don't appreciate the use of the word "retard". Its not a very inclusive word to be used and I would appreciate it if such language isn't used for front page news reports.

Why? Would you prefer "mentally deficient"? The use of retard makes the point quite well.

How can Behringer justify the 30k price tag? Especially for playing garbage compressed MP3's. I only know Behringer for their guitar amps and recording gear and it's cheap shit.

I think this is a pretty good way to drum in business, especially if they are having issues with a negative image. Doing something unique and outrageous has proved to be an effective marketing strategy for a long time.

How can Behringer justify the 30k price tag? Especially for playing garbage compressed MP3's. I only know Behringer for their guitar amps and recording gear and it's cheap shit.

Because its a publicity stunt, not a shelf item. They only made 1 and its for the booth show, it says it on the article link.

This got nothing on TechnieSooner's $200,000 sound system.

i dont know about you guys but behringer makes crap!! Their mixers and amps suck, their monitors and mains suck, and their amp cab's suck, they are low price crap,,, except this.... and i dont see why anyone would waste and amount of money on their products

i dont know about you guys but behringer makes crap!! Their mixers and amps suck, their monitors and mains suck, and their amp cab's suck, they are low price crap,,, except this.... and i dont see why anyone would waste and amount of money on their products

I'm not going to claim that Behringer is a manufacturer of consistently high quality items, but c'mon man, the Truth series of monitors and the original EP series of amps have both proven themselves to be reliable products with great bang-for-the-buck. Heck, they have a DSP that isn't so bad either (though I wouldn't lump it in with the other two yet, because as much as I hear they rock, I also hear they can fail easily).

Their DJ mixers suck, for sure, yet they are also the best selling. Which in itself sucks.

Anyhow, point being, there are a lot of things that Behringer makes that are crap, but their EuroPower PA amps and their Truth monitors are not those things.

As for this monster iPod dock... It's a publicity stunt. I've seen worse. But I'm actually really curious to see how the new iNuke amps pan out. Crappy name for sure, but if they keep them as solid as the EP2500, they'll have a winner.

Why? Would you prefer "mentally deficient"? The use of retard makes the point quite well.

The term would be 'person with a learning disability' but the point he was making is that you shouldn't be describing that population using pejorative terms or as a vehicle for news headline comedy, especially on a professional website.

Or maybe people should just stop being pussies and whining like little retard bitches every time somebody says something they don't like.

And it has the same name as a line of bargain-basement Guitar Electronics. Cool :)

yeah, it all went downhill once folks figured out it's not the quality of your product that matters, but rather how folks perceive the quality of your product.

Back