3070 Ti EVGA Notify Queue

Did you get a 3070 Ti via the EVGA queue?

• Yes I bought one (or multiple) or gave my allocation to someone else

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • I got my notify email, but decided not to buy it

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Still in queue

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Didn't enter the queue

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
So is the XC3 discontinued now that they are sold out? Never going to be produced again?

Put it this way, you might see them trickle out here and there for OEMs, but why would they sell a card for $599 when they can slap a cooler on it that costs them marginally more, change the vbios, and charge $200 more? And then sell out of every card they produce. If the market were flush with cards, then you would see the XC3 produced, but they aren't going to make cheap cards when they know they will sell out of every high-end card they make.

AMD is doing the same thing right now with their CPUs. Do you think it is by accident there is no CPU under $300?

Most likely. Before they would let the queue sit open and never ship out after the initial run. Now they are closing it after a limit is reached. You might get lucky and see some in stores at some point.

Exactly. I am in the 3060 queue for the $329 card. I got in with in 25 minutes of it opening and they still never got to my place in line. Meanwhile they are days past there with the 3060 XC card because it costs $399 (or $389 I don't remember).

Why would they leave $70 on the table if they can spend $5 to put a back plate on it and call it a different model?

You'll likely never see it in retail again.
They are favoring the expensive skus for now. Who knows if we see lower price skus for the 4000 series. Most gamers never bought the high end of GPUs, I wonder how badly they are hurting the industry long term. Maybe they’re not, but I can see a lot of folks turning the consoles, especially the younger crowd.

I'll bet you're sitting pretty in EVGA bucks by now.
that would be nice! But with the limited stock, even the people who I share my code with often can't use it due to availability, and not everyone cares to use it regardless. I'm hoping to get enough for a new power supply, but I'm not there yet.

Any member in SoCal should just camp on the sidewalk in front of their office next gpu launch offering their e-commerce staff pointers over a bullhorn.

I was busy at the time so couldn't manage to get a notify until 7:15PST so I'm sure I'm way back on the list, but I did put the 3060 I found at BB a week ago in for a step-up to a 3070ti so we will see what happens. Would have preferred a 3080 but from what I understand that step-up isn't moving and a 3080ti seems way overpriced.

I was busy at the time so couldn't manage to get a notify until 7:15PST so I'm sure I'm way back on the list, but I did put the 3060 I found at BB a week ago in for a step-up to a 3070ti so we will see what happens. Would have preferred a 3080 but from what I understand that step-up isn't moving and a 3080ti seems way overpriced.

I've been in the 3080 step up queue for months. That's probably a wise plan.

How did you find a 3060 at best buy? In store?

How did you find a 3060 at best buy? In store?
Yes. This is in Canada. It looks like BB Canada is doing more in store drops. They have also disabled the online inventory checker so the only way to find out if they have stock is to walk in and ask. That said I was on a Discord and someone in the BC channel said my local BB had some 3060s so I went in and got one.

One day EVGA will notify me about my 3080. One day.
They won’t. The production is favored for the more expensive items now, so expect only 3090, 3080ti and 3070ti going forward. Probably a ton of lot 3060 for the absolute garbage dies

elite2.jpg

BOOM 9:02...it actually worked for once.

Although, I didn't get the e-mail notification yet...hmmm...

got the notify signup at like 9:01 and again a few seconds later, errored out both times after entering details.

Back