30" Club

Good read! I too joined the 30" club with the LG W3000H!

Upgraded from a 22" Dell widescreen LCD - this is MUCH nicer. The colors are beautiful and the clarity....... cant even explain!

lg30_2.jpg

Most everybody has seen my setup already... and I'm positive I've posted it in a 30" Club thread already, but I don't see it here. Regardless:

Gateway XHD3000's. Further specs in my sig.

I can't pimp the panels without showing off the 2650x1600 screen shot thread that goes with them. :D Little bit of everything in there.

Last edited:
hello, can you make a photo with a total black screen for backlight bleeding please? i think my lg w3000h has too much backlight bleeding and i would like to compare, thanks a lot!!

You can't compare backlight bleed photos like that, you can make any LCD look awful as well as awesome depening on the camera settings.

Ive been wanting to join the 30" club for a long time. But have been really disappointed that the prices on these monitors seems to have got stuck at the 1200 $ range permanently. This stands in contrast to almost every other technology products in the same timeframe (last two - three years). In the meanwhile prices for 24 inch 1920x1200 has fallen to the point where you can get one for nearly 400-500. Why this huge delta ? Are any new cheaper monitors planned ?

You still can get deals on these 30 inch monitors. Just have to look and have some patience for those coupons/deals. Got my 3007WFP-HC for a tad over $930.00 before tax shipping and extended warranty

So getting a 30" monitor means you're gonna have a hell of hard time finding a wallpaper? lol hopefully I'm getting my 30" 3007 before friday.

Well might as well show off my setup. I'm still saving for number 3, but until then here it goes:

101_2820.jpg

Ive been wanting to join the 30" club for a long time. But have been really disappointed that the prices on these monitors seems to have got stuck at the 1200 $ range permanently. This stands in contrast to almost every other technology products in the same timeframe (last two - three years). In the meanwhile prices for 24 inch 1920x1200 has fallen to the point where you can get one for nearly 400-500. Why this huge delta ? Are any new cheaper monitors planned ?

The new Hazro HZ30Wi will be <£800 in the UK inc. VAT!! Seems a good price considering whats on offer. I think I'll get £800 for my 2 x Dell U2410s and 23" ACD if I list them on eBay. Mmmmmmm - tempted

I've been trying to find out which Dell 20-24" monitor it is that people like to pair up w/ the Dell 3007. Can someone tell me which monitor that is. I've seen some prior setups where people have a 30" in the center and then 2 small 20-24" Dells on the side in portrait mode.

I've been trying to find out which Dell 20-24" monitor it is that people like to pair up w/ the Dell 3007. Can someone tell me which monitor that is. I've seen some prior setups where people have a 30" in the center and then 2 small 20-24" Dells on the side in portrait mode.

I think it's the Dell 2001FP, offhand, in portrait mode.

I think it's the Dell 2001FP, offhand, in portrait mode.

Theyre almost always Dell 2007FP screens. Make sure if you order some you arent getting 2007WFP screens. Those are the windscreen versions with the wrong resolution and aspect ratio for the 3007.

I have two flanking mine and its awsome!!

Miss my 3007wfp-hc a bit. My friend thinks I shouldn't have gone to 27"(still 1440p, not giant 1080p panels) but I got a deal on 3 of em so...

The 30" looked a lot bigger though even if there wasn't a whole lot more real estate.

Just purchased a 3007 from the forums here today and depending on the space available after I mount it, I will be hoping to put at least one side monitor.I've tried eyefinity on 3x 24 and now I'm ready to try a monster.

Will 2x 6970's be enough to drive some decent settings in games?

Thanks SeegsElite for the heads up on which 20 to get.

Will 2x 6970's be enough to drive some decent settings in games?

I have Crossfire'd 6950 2GB and it does pretty well on my setup. I have a Core2Quad Q9550 so I suspect I would get even better results if I had a decent CPU. You have a significantly faster CPU which will help. Granted that on a 30" 2560x1600 you tend to be more GPU than CPU bound, but there are enough pixels to drive on the screen that a fast CPU is still necessary. I generally crank up the eyecandy to max or one notch below without significant framerate hits.

I wish Eyefinity could address non-similar resolutions so I could use my computer rig properly:

5980300624_8174be29bd_z.jpg

While nice and large, my 30" monitor still represents only 31% of my total desk space so the lack of Eyefinity is irritating in games.

First post, just joined the 30" club today, got a mint used 3007wfp-hc, with 3 years left on the warranty.

This was my original setup, using a 42" Vizio as my monitor.
W1tPl.jpg

Aaaand here is my new 3007wfp-hc in action, via crappy iPhone pic.
CIZx3h.jpg

This monitor is incredible, I plan on adding two 2007fp's very soon.

-G

Last edited:
I have Crossfire'd 6950 2GB and it does pretty well on my setup. I have a Core2Quad Q9550 so I suspect I would get even better results if I had a decent CPU. You have a significantly faster CPU which will help. Granted that on a 30" 2560x1600 you tend to be more GPU than CPU bound, but there are enough pixels to drive on the screen that a fast CPU is still necessary. I generally crank up the eyecandy to max or one notch below without significant framerate hits.

I wish Eyefinity could address non-similar resolutions so I could use my computer rig properly:

5980300624_8174be29bd_z.jpg

While nice and large, my 30" monitor still represents only 31% of my total desk space so the lack of Eyefinity is irritating in games.

Awesome setup! Is that 1 6-way monitor stand?

I wish Eyefinity could address non-similar resolutions so I could

Does the mis matched resolutions and panels bother you?
It would bother the hell out of me.

@goodfellah: looks good.

Last edited:
Awesome setup! Is that 1 6-way monitor stand?

No, it is 3 dual vertical stands (actually one is a quad stand with only 2 monitors mounted). I have looked at a six-monitor stand but I like to curve the wing monitors in a bit and I couldn't find a stand that gave me the flexibility I wanted.

Does the mis matched resolutions and panels bother you?
It would bother the hell out of me.

Not really - the lower row is the classic PLP 20-30-20 with a total pixel width of 4960 pixels, while the upper row is LLL 20-20-20 @1680x1050 each for a total width of 5040 pixels. That is only 80 pixels wider in total, and the dot pitch is very close between all the monitors. I multitask a lot so I don't really mind the monitors are not all the same and frankly I can't afford another 5 30" monitors. Since Eyefinity doesn't work in my setup I don't game on anything other than the 30" anyway.

So lastnight UPS dropped off my 3007WFP-HC that I purchased from someone on the forum. I plugged it in to test it then mounted it where my center 24" use to be. First impression, WOW..... this thing is huge. I tested it out in a few games just to see how x1600 looks and how my cards handle the load. It was late so I didn't get to do a whole lot of testing but I did notice the fans ramped up about half speed compared to running eyefinity. I know my eyefinity setup was about 30% more pixels but i think I like the bigger screen at the higher res anyways so it works for me.

I think about the only thing I don't like about it is the AG coating which I probably would have never noticed if it didn't frequent the forums so much and read about it in multiple threads. I do think I will be getting x2 2007's for each side since i like having the extra screens for multitasking.

Last edited:
Here is my Dell U3011. Crappy cell phone picture sorry, it is dark and there is little natural lighting in my room.

Back