290/290x availability thread

$500 maybe. $550 nope.
Can get a 780 Lightning/Classified for that price. Can't mine with it though.

Just bought 2 of em on Newegg Business using 75$ off coupon. Cheaper than what Amazon has it for at because newegg is no tax for me. Not to mention newegg has it in stock and amazon doesnt.

MSRP is $450 for the 290 Tri-X. I won't buy until it's MSRP without coupons or otherwise.

MSRP is $450 for the 290 Tri-X. I won't buy until it's MSRP without coupons or otherwise.

You're going to be waiting a long time then. The mining craze will only keep going for at least in the near future. If you're going to be mining at least a little its a no brainer to get one now slightly above as you'll recoup some of the costs in the meantime for a deal to arrive.

You're going to be waiting a long time then. The mining craze will only keep going for at least in the near future. If you're going to be mining at least a little its a no brainer to get one now slightly above as you'll recoup some of the costs in the meantime for a deal to arrive.

I don't plan on mining and am content to wait...... for Maxwell if need be.

I had ordered a 290 from them - actually, that one from the link. Initially, when I ordered (on the 18th), it showed in stock. Then it switched the next day to 1-2 weeks.

According to their customer service, it'll be the later half of January.

So Sabre can gobble dicks just like NewEgg.
I would bet they didn't have proper inventory control set for the item and it disappeared on them. They should have contacted you in some way.

Out of stock and showing in search results now. Who the hell is buying these for $100 over MSRP? How long does it take to mine $100 bucks on one 290 these days?

Out of stock and showing in search results now. Who the hell is buying these for $100 over MSRP? How long does it take to mine $100 bucks on one 290 these days?

Bought two myself. Alrdy shipped via FedEx.

Why would people buy these cards for mining when ASIC hardware is so much better for it.

Why would people buy these cards for mining when ASIC hardware is so much better for it.

Not for scrypt at the moment... completely different than mining SHA based coins like BTC

Dogecoin, on my 7870XT, it takes 1 month to mine $81
Litecoin, it takes 1 month to mine $72 worth

because people don't GPU-mine SHA-256 crypto, GPU's are strictly used for scrypt-based currencies like Dogecoin, Litecoin, XPM

Anytime someone posts anything 290/x related to Amazon its gone. I need 4 290x cards

LOL no you don't if its for gaming buy Nvidia. if its for mining either go with smaller cards or pay the premium. I have a pretty nice sized rack in my basement with a good number of 280x's and plenty of lower cards. It is not that hard to build with whats available easily and just swap the cards out at a later date when the big cards come up.

I recently did get a 290x from amazon and I'm wishing I hadn't. my XFX 290x from amazon won't register with XFX and just isn't right. I'm waiting for XFX to look into the problem for me but if they don't resolve it soon I'm just sending it back to amazon

Visiontek is selling watercooled r9 290's with a backplate and 1 year warranty for only $550. And they're in stock right now.

I wish I had bought four of these. Would have saved me money and a LOT of time. Plus you get a warranty and backplate is included.

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://...sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNGwMcdF3DmU24Pcez6ztxVad9Ogsg

I can't believe that today I literally just installed waterblocks on 4 r9 290s. And it cost me more money than buying a pre-built one from visiontek would have cost.

Visiontek is selling watercooled r9 290's with a backplate and 1 year warranty for only $550. And they're in stock right now.

I wish I had bought four of these. Would have saved me money and a LOT of time. Plus you get a warranty and backplate is included.

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://...sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNGwMcdF3DmU24Pcez6ztxVad9Ogsg

I can't believe that today I literally just installed waterblocks on 4 r9 290s. And it cost me more money than buying a pre-built one from visiontek would have cost.

They upped the price to $594.

LOL no you don't if its for gaming buy Nvidia. if its for mining either go with smaller cards or pay the premium. I have a pretty nice sized rack in my basement with a good number of 280x's and plenty of lower cards. It is not that hard to build with whats available easily and just swap the cards out at a later date when the big cards come up.

I recently did get a 290x from amazon and I'm wishing I hadn't. my XFX 290x from amazon won't register with XFX and just isn't right. I'm waiting for XFX to look into the problem for me but if they don't resolve it soon I'm just sending it back to amazon

So gaming = Nvidia...I dont know what crack youre on. My current quad 290 setup that is watercooled will spank your "premium" Nvidia cards any-day, while being dead silent and running at 45C load.

So gaming = Nvidia...I dont know what crack youre on. My current quad 290 setup that is watercooled will spank your "premium" Nvidia cards any-day, while being dead silent and running at 45C load.

Look at the pricing then get a clue. I have nearly 10Mh of Radeon cards so yes I have a ton of them. For the high end gaming it is completely stupid to pay the premium price for Radeon cards. You will get superior performance at every SELLING PRICE POINT with Nvidia for gaming. MSRP is another story though but MSRP really isn't happening. If you care about gaming performance at a certain pricepoint and aren't a fanboy with very deep pockets you simply buy Nvidia right now or WAIT things out. The fact that you have 4 cards tells me you should hopefully have a $300+ motherboard too to actually run those cards at full speed otherwise you are just dump and wasted a ton of money or are mining too.

I don't game, I still have a bunch of cards that were mining from back in July and had unplugged and started parting out machines when coins skyrocketed and I put them back together and ordered more parts.

Look at the pricing then get a clue. I have nearly 10Mh of Radeon cards so yes I have a ton of them. For the high end gaming it is completely stupid to pay the premium price for Radeon cards. You will get superior performance at every SELLING PRICE POINT with Nvidia for gaming. MSRP is another story though but MSRP really isn't happening. If you care about gaming performance at a certain pricepoint and aren't a fanboy with very deep pockets you simply buy Nvidia right now or WAIT things out. The fact that you have 4 cards tells me you should hopefully have a $300+ motherboard too to actually run those cards at full speed otherwise you are just dump and wasted a ton of money or are mining too.

I don't game, I still have a bunch of cards that were mining from back in July and had unplugged and started parting out machines when coins skyrocketed and I put them back together and ordered more parts.

If you know where to look you can get better value at certain price points with AMD. Also, the US isn't the only country in the world.

MSI Gaming 290 @ $469.

SHIPS IN 3 TO 5 WEEKS

http://www.amazon.com/MSI-R9-290-GA...ie=UTF8&qid=1389380283&sr=1-2&keywords=r9+290

This listing is at least 24 hours old, sorry for being slow.
Only found it posted in 1 place. :/

Shouldn't this be like $420-450 MSRP? The Tri-X 290 is $450 MSRP and the Asus DirectCU II is supposed to be $420 if you take the 290X price-bump-from-reference into account. The MSI is not worth $50 more than the DirectCU II and if it weren't for the glowing reviews the Tri-X wouldn't be worth $30 more (and isn't in my opinion).

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Shouldn't this be like $420-450 MSRP? The Tri-X 290 is $450 MSRP and the Asus DirectCU II is supposed to be $420 if you take the 290X price-bump-from-reference into account. The MSI is not worth $50 more than the DirectCU II and if it weren't for the glowing reviews the Tri-X wouldn't be worth $30 more (and isn't in my opinion).
"Worth" and "actual price" are fudged right now.
It might be worth $420 but it's tough for anything to beat $469.

Ref sometimes shows up on Amazon for around $440 though.

Lol Nvidia has superior gaming at every price point? That's a load of crap if I ever heard it...

Lol Nvidia has superior gaming at every price point? That's a load of crap if I ever heard it...

find me an in stock AMD card that is superior to an Nvidia card that I can find in stock at the same price. Won't happen on anything better than a 270x but even the 270x is hard to find a decent price on right now.

find me an in stock AMD card that is superior to an Nvidia card that I can find in stock at the same price. Won't happen on anything better than a 270x but even the 270x is hard to find a decent price on right now.

Again, the US isn't the only country in the world.

pretty sure the US isn't the only place mining

Mining craze hasn't affected Europe as much as US at all. BF4 edition Windforce 290s available here for 372 euro or less. That's with a 19% VAT applied at sale price (tax).

Mining craze hasn't affected Europe as much as US at all. BF4 edition Windforce 290s available here for 372 euro or less. That's with a 19% VAT applied at sale price (tax).

$500 290's and don't you guys have crazy expensive power through most of europe?

$500 290's and don't you guys have crazy expensive power through most of europe?

France has almost 60 nuclear power plants alone and powers 3/4 of its country off nuclear. There's about 104 nuclear power plants in the US. Aside from France, Germany and Russia, there's not a whole lot of efficient energy being produced in Europe like there is in the US.

Back