290/290x availability thread

NewEgg just upped the price on the Sapphire TRI OC Version of the 290 by $50, which isnt even in stock. lol

You should be claiming all those internet "tax free" purchases on your tax returns. so technically you're trying to commit tax fraud.

Good, the IRS isn't even a lawful entity for one and Obama is violating our constitutional rights... Take this crap out of the thread if you want to argue politics...

Prices are still stupid high on newegg, but they are dropping as of today.

I even saw 280x on amazon for $299 yesterday.

newegg will be dropping them soon enough, they can't possibly be selling that many with prices inflated that badly.

I've watched newegg 290 prices every day for 3 weeks now and they have only gone up. The cheapest is still $100 over MSRP.

i seriously thought the link was going to be to the 290x...what the hell newegg just...what the hell

oh and how did you find that? i can't get a listing for it even if i go under the list of msi's cards or just through searching for 290s

I have an RSS feed that will notify me when Newegg adds a product but hides it from search.

I'm not seeing non-reference cooler designs for the R9 290 (not 290x).

Grrr.

LOL but its the reference coolers that we want :) I can actually mine with the reference coolers right next to each other in a case so a 4x 290 rig in a CASE is actually possible as long as you have a rack type case with plenty of IN flowing cool air and plenty of room for the outgoing air to go.

LOL but its the reference coolers that we want :) I can actually mine with the reference coolers right next to each other in a case so a 4x 290 rig in a CASE is actually possible as long as you have a rack type case with plenty of IN flowing cool air and plenty of room for the outgoing air to go.

Not sure how people cant seem to find cards .. hell Newegg is selling XFX 290s @ $450 when you buy two.. (less than MSRP).. sadly the Tri-X OC (aftermarket cooler) is sold out..

Not sure how people cant seem to find cards .. hell Newegg is selling XFX 290s @ $450 when you buy two.. (less than MSRP).. sadly the Tri-X OC (aftermarket cooler) is sold out..

you and so many others keep confusing the 290 and the 290x. The 290 is supposed to be $400 and the 290x should be $500.

The link is to NEWEGG which is an absolutely horrible vendor. The kind of quality I haven't seen since the early days of pricewatch. Newegg so often doesn't ship for an entire week while charging your card the second you order. Getting any changes done to an order are impossible because even if they don't ship for a week they update the status to shipping usually the same day. Their customer support is non existent these days.

If I'm going to get raped for buying a card I'd go with amazon where if ANYTHING goes wrong you get a full refund so easily for a pretty nice span of time.

you and so many others keep confusing the 290 and the 290x. The 290 is supposed to be $400 and the 290x should be $500.

The link is to NEWEGG which is an absolutely horrible vendor. The kind of quality I haven't seen since the early days of pricewatch. Newegg so often doesn't ship for an entire week while charging your card the second you order. Getting any changes done to an order are impossible because even if they don't ship for a week they update the status to shipping usually the same day. Their customer support is non existent these days.

yeah I see my mistake, however I have been a Newegg customer for over 10 years and only ONCE in ten years did I ever have an issue. You must have some serious credit issues or something.. Newegg is rather prompt about shipping, typically if I order by 2pm CST it's out the door that day.. never have they been "an entire week" in my experience..sounds overly dramatic if you ask me..and never had a prob with customer support either.. oh well

yeah I see my mistake, however I have been a Newegg customer for over 10 years and only ONCE in ten years did I ever have an issue. You must have some serious credit issues or something.. Newegg is rather prompt about shipping, typically if I order by 2pm CST it's out the door that day.. never have they been "an entire week" in my experience..sounds overly dramatic if you ask me..and never had a prob with customer support either.. oh well

Did you order at all between the last half of november till Xmas? Thanksgiving I ordered 2 280x's from them and 3 from amazon. Amazons came monday as expected while the newegg stuff didn't make it here for 2 weeks even with the 2 day shipping.

I ordered so many mining parts and not a single order went out within the first 3 business days. If you care about customers and are more than 24 hours backlogged with shipping you simply STOP TAKING ORDERS! Minimum post a notice..... but charging my cards and not letting me cancel after you fail to ship for a week is unacceptable.

I don't know what's up with Newegg. They will usually ship it fast. I ordered the Gelid Icy and it sat on packaging for almost 3 days. They did let me cancel though. I ordered a Samsung EVO today and shows shipped already. Hmmmm. I wonder....

I don't know what's up with Newegg. They will usually ship it fast. I ordered the Gelid Icy and it sat on packaging for almost 3 days. They did let me cancel though. I ordered a Samsung EVO today and shows shipped already. Hmmmm. I wonder....
Stock issues/recounts.They did say they are doing inventory counts on their website a few days ago, so that likely affected it.

Back