27" QNIX QX2710 Evolution 2 impressions

Soooooo, my 14k hrs 5 year old dim samsung tn lcd with 2 stuck green pixles wasn't something i wanted to hold on to any longer and because of the insane value the qnix is compared to other qHD screens i took the gamble and bought one from Accesorieswhole. After getting it out of customs which took some time it arrived here without any dead/stuck pixles YAY (and i even bought the SE version without knowing about it). There is noticeable backlightbleed on the bottom (but of course fixable to a certain extend and very exaggerated on the picture)
HIuvm6T.jpg

What is way more annoying are the stripes which are very evident on darker backgrounds; mainly on the top right corner but they extend to the middle left and lower right part of the screen; it appears even when NOT overclocked (which, btw gives me image retention in this very corner only)
H4Q5WnF.jpg

Is this fixable or a faulty panel and should i ask for a partial refund or is it considered acceptable from the seller?

Hey Guys,

I also just purchased from AccessoriesWhole. I too got the horrible horizontal banding on dark backgrounds. It this just a backlight issue? Can it be fixed with the tape method? I am currently trying to get AccessoriesWhole to ship me a replacement at his cost as I feel the monitor is defective and was definitely not 100% tested before coming to me. He is currently offering me $70 back for my "inconvenience"...Should I take the $70 and deal with it or fight and potentially file a chargeback with Visa?

lV3SL9k

Got one from accessorieswhole and its a great sample. No dead pixels. very little light bleed on right side (nothing I cant tolerate). dont see this horizontal banding at all.
Fantastic monitor so far.... I am having a hard time with all this extra real estate LOL. need to increase DPI of text I guess.

After keeping my monitor at 60Hz for the longest time, I tried to overclock again.
I patched the drivers using the utility and also installed CRU. Did the profile in CRU as reduced LCD @96 Hz. After restart the desktop is noticebly smoother, Nvidia panel shows the screen at 96Hz refresh rate, but when I try the refresh rate checking sites, or hop in a game with Vsync on, I can't get anything over 60Hz. Is there step that I missed, that makes the refresh rate stick to games?

After keeping my monitor at 60Hz for the longest time, I tried to overclock again.
I patched the drivers using the utility and also installed CRU. Did the profile in CRU as reduced LCD @96 Hz. After restart the desktop is noticebly smoother, Nvidia panel shows the screen at 96Hz refresh rate, but when I try the refresh rate checking sites, or hop in a game with Vsync on, I can't get anything over 60Hz. Is there step that I missed, that makes the refresh rate stick to games?

you don't need cru other than for games that don't use the desktop setting. use nvidia's custom resolution feature.

I thought I tried that as well, but I'll give it another shot this evening. How do I know which games use desktop setting and which ones dont?

I thought I tried that as well, but I'll give it another shot this evening. How do I know which games use desktop setting and which ones dont?

should be obvious when you get in game because it won't be running at 96 Hz. i haven't played a game that needed cru. i suggest you keep it at 60 Hz whenever you aren't playing games. i run mine at 120 Hz and i get image retention pretty rapidly. i know it's not burn in but that kind of thing makes me wary.

Well my issue is the desktop is totally 96 Hz. I can read what is written inside a text box while I am moving it, big improvement over 60Hz. Its just this website
http://www.testufo.com/#test=frameskipping
shows it still @60Hz and the games....no idea why, but will reset all cru settings back to stock and just do it thru Nvidia when I get home.

78uMr4o.jpg

IT'S FINALLY OVER

if you bought a tempered glass qnix and are looking to remove the glass (if you aren't i suggest you do anyway, shit sucks) it's really simple.

1. debezel monitor
2. take very thin, flat blade and put it under the glass where the adhesive is visible
3. slide the blade along the bottom and top a few times until the glass separates from the panel. there are two pieces of metal that run along the left and right sides of the panel that are in the way, so take your blade and push it up as far as you can. you don't need to cut too much vertically.
4. pry the glass from the panel. if you did a good job with the blade, this should be fairly easy as most of the adhesive won't have good contact anymore.
5. you're done. no more mirror, no more gray blacks.

Last edited:
Yeah I tried the Nvidia custom resolution tab and still nothing, it overclocks to 96Hz, says its 96 Hertz but everything is 60 :(

My motherboard has the following
- Supports HDMI with max. resolution 4096 x 2160 @ 24 Hz / 2560 x 1600 @ 60 Hz
- Supports DVI-D with max. resolution 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz
- Supports DisplayPort with max. resolution 4096 x 2160 @ 24 Hz / 3840 x 2160 @ 60 Hz

Can I use a a HDMI to DVI-D cable ?

I also have Dual DVI-I card?

Or do you recommend getting a new card

Thanks

Soooooo, my 14k hrs 5 year old dim samsung tn lcd with 2 stuck green pixles wasn't something i wanted to hold on to any longer and because of the insane value the qnix is compared to other qHD screens i took the gamble and bought one from Accesorieswhole. After getting it out of customs which took some time it arrived here without any dead/stuck pixles YAY (and i even bought the SE version without knowing about it). There is noticeable backlightbleed on the bottom (but of course fixable to a certain extend and very exaggerated on the picture)
HIuvm6T.jpg

What is way more annoying are the stripes which are very evident on darker backgrounds; mainly on the top right corner but they extend to the middle left and lower right part of the screen; it appears even when NOT overclocked (which, btw gives me image retention in this very corner only)
H4Q5WnF.jpg

Is this fixable or a faulty panel and should i ask for a partial refund or is it considered acceptable from the seller?

That's the 4th one now I've seen like that, including the one I just sent back.....If you didn't order from one of the Korean's that has no problem defrauding DHL/UPS/FedEx you're probably screwed sending it back.

You can't fix that, it needs to go back.

That's the kind of thing that has kept me from even entertaining the idea of picking up one of these monitors... it's a shame really because the majority of people seem to love them. Then again the value is tied into the gamble part of the deal.

That's the 4th one now I've seen like that, including the one I just sent back.....If you didn't order from one of the Korean's that has no problem defrauding DHL/UPS/FedEx you're probably screwed sending it back.

You can't fix that, it needs to go back.

did you pay for one of the monitors labeled SE?

That's the kind of thing that has kept me from even entertaining the idea of picking up one of these monitors... it's a shame really because the majority of people seem to love them. Then again the value is tied into the gamble part of the deal.

Its more of a hassle than anything, and every time I have used my Discover card to pay, they have no problem paying to ship it back, all I have to do is mention a dispute and next thing you know, I have their account information.

Here's a few things I have learned, and you should be ok:

Earlier on, I read someone recommended Discover, since they guarantee you get what you paid for, I have used them for my last two transactions, and both times the sellers gave me their account information for return shipping. They'll give you the dick around, even in the "Resolution Center" you tell them you're just going to dispute the charge, and the next thing you know, you've got their information. When you initially call Discover, they'll recommend you go through the eBay/Paypal channel first, but they will also go ahead and file the dispute, you will not be able to dispute it through through eBay/Paypal if you do, however.

Lastly, there is no one "Legit" seller, they're all shady, ALL OF THEM.

I'm hoping #3 works out, if not I'm going to have to buy an Asus again, blech.

did you pay for one of the monitors labeled SE?

Non of the panels I have seen were SE, they've been on both Qnix PP panels, X-Star's and now the SE's.

If you ordered from Dream-Seller, hes just claiming "Shipping Damage" and will let you use his account to return the thing.

Here's how bad mine was.

IMG_000006091_zps269bd300.jpg

Last edited:
huh. i have that in the bottom right corner of my screen, but it's pretty much invisible unless i use my image retention test image (solid gray) and i look for it.

huh. i have that in the bottom right corner of my screen, but it's pretty much invisible unless i use my image retention test image (solid gray) and i look for it.

It will only show up on darker colors, much like light bleed, but in this case the panel is actually damaged, you can bend it all you want, it won't fix it.

Last edited:
IPS LED MONITORS sells the Qnix & offers a 14 day no hassle return+exchange policy but the buyer pays for shipping. Better to spend a bit more and buy from them vs. eBay if you live in North America.

Tried calling to order and they never picked the phone up. Dont know how they would be if the there is something wrong with the monitor

Hey guys!

Been reading a lot about these monitors and decided to get an X star from dreamseller. Got it... no dead or stuck pixels and minimal blb, however, i did notice some of the horizontal banding on the right side of the screen that some have talked about. Is this a defect with the monitor that is fixable or something that can be fixed only with an rma. Also, is there a fix for a bezel that doesn't touch the screen entirely ( the screen is positioned properly with no cut off). Could i use the qnix driver with my x star? Any tips for over clocking because i have never done it with a monitor! My biggest concern is the banding with is very slight and only visible on all black

Hey guys!

Been reading a lot about these monitors and decided to get an X star from dreamseller. Got it... no dead or stuck pixels and minimal blb, however, i did notice some of the horizontal banding on the right side of the screen that some have talked about. Is this a defect with the monitor that is fixable or something that can be fixed only with an rma. Also, is there a fix for a bezel that doesn't touch the screen entirely ( the screen is positioned properly with no cut off). Could i use the qnix driver with my x star? Any tips for over clocking because i have never done it with a monitor! My biggest concern is the banding with is very slight and only visible on all black

Take a picture of it, and tell Dream-Seller you got a bad panel, he will take care of it.

As for OC'ing and fixes/tweeks, just follow the guides here, which I have posted earlier.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1384767/official-the-korean-pls-monitor-club-qnix-x-star

I sent probably 20+ messages to him, the entire time he was trying to convince me my "Glossy" monitor was "Glossy" and not tempered glass, which it was.

With the exception of weekends, I email Dream-Seller and in a few hours I've got a response, and when he does, he has no problem carrying on a conversation immediately.

My beef with Dream-Seller is selling bad panels, and having him just file a claim with FedEx.

Take a picture of it, and tell Dream-Seller you got a bad panel, he will take care of it.

As for OC'ing and fixes/tweeks, just follow the guides here, which I have posted earlier.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1384767/official-the-korean-pls-monitor-club-qnix-x-star

Thanks! I'll shoot him an email about the problem, however, it honestly isnt very bad unless everything is completely black and i look a certain way. Its something i could live with vs. risking the lottery again and receiving a panel with dead pixels, which would absolutely drive me nuts!

Thanks! I'll shoot him an email about the problem, however, it honestly isnt very bad unless everything is completely black and i look a certain way. Its something i could live with vs. risking the lottery again and receiving a panel with dead pixels, which would absolutely drive me nuts!

The first Qnix I had, had a couple dead pixels and for me, they bothered me less than having lines through blacks... It honestly makes The Swapper unplayable for me.

Got my new monitor, fucking finally man!!! Nothing but glow no bleed, 1 dead pixel, 1 spec of dust and does 96Hz np. I'll take it for $279!!!

IMG_00000663_zpsaa896327.jpg

Hm, this is tempting. I have a qx2700 monitor that I love, but have been playing a lot of CS:GO and am wanting some higher refresh rates. This? Asus VG278H? BenQ XL2720t? Idk...

Hm, this is tempting. I have a qx2700 monitor that I love, but have been playing a lot of CS:GO and am wanting some higher refresh rates. This? Asus VG278H? BenQ XL2720t? Idk...

Honestly, I wouldn't buy a Korean monitor unless you can accept it will be flawed in some way and it may take a few of them to actually get a "decent" one. I just couldn't do TN panel ugh.

Honestly, I wouldn't buy a Korean monitor unless you can accept it will be flawed in some way and it may take a few of them to actually get a "decent" one. I just couldn't do TN panel ugh.

My first try with a qx2700 has been excellent. No dead pixels, just some minor back light bleed that doesn't bother me one bit. I just want a panel with a refresh rate higher than 60, but I don't want to sacrifice the resolution or screen size.

Got new qnix today. I see a scratch. Got it from Green-Sum. The scratch is around a little more than 1/2 inch. At first I thought it was dirt and so I tried to clean it and it still remains. Had ordered a perfect pixel version. Has anyone exchanged the monitor with these guys. Other than that the monitor is amazing. 4K videos look amazing. Even after this exp I think one should get this monitor

Just an update on macbook compatibility. I've been using this with my pc, but got a late 2013 macbook pro 13 inch retina for freelance work. I did tons of googling and it seemed the only way to make it work was to get a pricey apple mini to dual link adapter. I ended up trying out a blue rigger HDMI-DVI for the hell of it (like 7$ shipped with amazon prime), and works like a charm. Figured I'd spread that bit of info, since everywhere on the web people have issues with this.

Got new qnix today. I see a scratch. Got it from Green-Sum. The scratch is around a little more than 1/2 inch. At first I thought it was dirt and so I tried to clean it and it still remains. Had ordered a perfect pixel version. Has anyone exchanged the monitor with these guys. Other than that the monitor is amazing. 4K videos look amazing. Even after this exp I think one should get this monitor

Just wait till you try to return it to Green-Sum and get back to me lol, you're fucked man.

I ordered perfect pixel from ExcellentCastle.. Because, lebihonest... Everyone needs a little excellent castle in their lives... Anyway, he took my offer of $340 each for (2)... I open up the packages.. (1) is a Qnix 2710.. The other is an X Star.. in a flippin' Qnix box... I'm a little concerned about that one.. They're the same panel.. But, what is an X Star doing in a Qnix box?
Is it so hard to put a screen in the right box?!

I've gotten two from dream seller so far. Not pixel perfect, but they were fine with nothing noticeable. Maybe just lucky so far

WOOHOO!, Dream Seller sent me a single link dvi cable, went to Frys and got a dual link, the monitor came to life, but had green vertical lines from the single link cable, after about 2 hours the lines went away and its working flawless! zero bad pixals and zero backlight bleed! awesome for $279! :D :D :D

WOOHOO!, Dream Seller sent me a single link dvi cable, went to Frys and got a dual link, the monitor came to life, but had green vertical lines from the single link cable, after about 2 hours the lines went away and its working flawless! zero bad pixals and zero backlight bleed! awesome for $279! :D :D :D

Thats an awesome deal. Good to hear it worked out rather then trying to get it replaced considering some of the horror stories I've been reading.

Back