27" QNIX QX2710 Evolution 2 impressions

Here is a pic of the "smudge" on my screen. It's under the glass but I'm not sure if it's the screen or if it's a fingerprint smudge. I don't see it on white or very dark backgrounds. It's worse than the picture makes it seem.
gyIvcoj.jpg

to remove the glass you need suction cups. any mistake and you risk scratching your monitor, breaking teh glass and cutting yourself. there are youtube videos showing how to do it safely.

Anyone have any experience with this site? That's a good price.

According to google, the domain was registered in July 2013. Plus, it's a pet store. Plus, the price is too good to be true.
Plus, they don't show shipping cost or if it's free shipping. They will probably add $50 shipping when you try to checkout.

So, I will not purchase from there. Who buys LCDs at pet stores?!

According to google, the domain was registered in July 2013. Plus, it's a pet store. Plus, the price is too good to be true.
Plus, they don't show shipping cost or if it's free shipping. They will probably add $50 shipping when you try to checkout.

So, I will not purchase from there. Who buys LCDs at pet stores?!

LoL, wow I must have been really tired last night. Thanks for the good points.

Are the days of these being $270 over?

Almost it seems -- from what I've seen you can pick up a a non pixel perfect one for 280-290.

I just picked up my 2nd 27" korean monitor from Dream-seller (at this point I will only buy from him)

I did notice the prices have gone up the past few weeks -- either they are running out, or they realize how popular these things are in the nerd circles. My QNIX and XSTAR pixel perfect models were well worth the money, dual 144p setup for 600 dollars? Yes please :)

w00t got my monitor
Overclocked 133hz easily with monoprice 24awg cable. Stable. No dead pixels that I could find.

I cant seem to find the gateway 8015480R or the HP LV980AA stands that people seem to recommend for these. Anyone know where I can track one down for $30-40?

Is the HP LP2465 as capable as the LV980AA?

I know there are a bunch on monoprice that are recommended but they generally look so cheap.

What setups are you guys using to push 96+ fps on 1440p ?

I'm assuming at least GTX670/7950 in sli/crossfire ?

Bf3 is possible at 100fps on medium with a 7870le just for reference sake. Obviously no chance of high settings with aa, but I am surprised how little I notice the difference playing MP. Too focused on nerd raging every death to worry about scenery I guess.

Last edited:
What setups are you guys using to push 96+ fps on 1440p ?

I'm assuming at least GTX670/7950 in sli/crossfire ?

I can do some testing with 7950 crossfire next weekend. mine is set at 110hz right now. I will have to install BF3; I haven't touched it since 6 months after launch.

well were most of the $270 deals and you paid shipping?
and the pics I saw of the labels said $40 for shipping so the new ones at $319 with free shipping are $9 more.
but $9 is still more

I can do some testing with 7950 crossfire next weekend. mine is set at 110hz right now. I will have to install BF3; I haven't touched it since 6 months after launch.

You don't need to do any testing.
Just if you could tell if you needed to add second card to push games for this monitor.

You don't need to do any testing.
Just if you could tell if you needed to add second card to push games for this monitor.

I played through Bioshock Infinite with most settings on High and it was a solid 90-100 fps with a single 7950. That's the most demanding game I've played on it.

I just bought Metro LL, but haven't started playing it yet, so I will certainly test it out with 1 and 2 7950's. If 2 gpus doesn't make a big difference, I will put the second 7950 in one of my mining comps so it can stay on all the time without the noise bugging me at my main comp.

Having a tough time on purchasing one of these. Not sure my current rig could push those pixels very well (BF3/Planetside 2, Rome II, ext.) and my new build won't be completed until the first of the year at the earliest (pending Ncase M1). At that point there may be something better or the price could increase even more. To buy or not to buy . . . .

Having a tough time on purchasing one of these. Not sure my current rig could push those pixels very well (BF3/Planetside 2, Rome II, ext.) and my new build won't be completed until the first of the year at the earliest (pending Ncase M1). At that point there may be something better or the price could increase even more. To buy or not to buy . . . .
Or the price might increase along with a change in internals that could prevent overclocking.

I have a 30inch HP (ZR30W) but unfortunately it can't do any more than 60hz. I miss the high fps days and decided to take a plunge on this one while it still sounds like a great deal.

This is weird. My panel was pixel perfect when I got it. Ive just been running stock 60hz. Somehow, a pixel in the middle left of the screen died.

This is weird. My panel was pixel perfect when I got it. Ive just been running stock 60hz. Somehow, a pixel in the middle left of the screen died.

It's not weird - sometimes dead pixels appear over time.

Picked one up tonight, really excited!

Last edited:
Guys I'm interested in the DP model. Will I have any issues connecting it to my laptop via mini-DP cable?
What about Xbox connectivity? Will it scale it ok?

I found it at 379 USD in amazon, can you suggest me any alternatives?

Last edited:
Never had that happen during use of any monitor Ive had. Either it had dead ones new, or they never died while I used it.

My friend had it happen to him - he got perfect 19" *VA Belinea (in times of 5:4 screens) with 0 dead pixels when he got it from shop.

After year dead pixels started showing and when it died after 3 or 4 years he had 10+ of them.

Just got mine and set it up.
No stuck or dead pixels I can find.

Bleed was tested in a dark room with a black screen. Little shadow in the bottom left corner.
On the right edge about 2" from the bottom a bright spot about 1" in diameter coming from the edge.
It is noticable, much more than a faint shadow.
under normal conditions you can not tell its there so I don't think that is a deal breaker.
OUCH where are the fing lights lol

OC was a success it runs 120 with no problems so far.
***The screen gets darker the higher you run it, is this normal?

its sitting beside my 27 1080p which I thought had good pic and color. Its a junk pile next to this ting.

Last edited:
I am truly impressed with this thing. Mine came today, OC'd right out of the box to 120hz with no errors via a custom profile in the nvidia control panel. A little bit of blb, no stuck/dead pixels. Considering how easy it hit 120hz ill probably try a few fixes as its definitely a keeper.

2gCzwxn.jpg

Now to see if my GTX 670 is going to cut it on this monitor next week in BF4 maxed out.

Last edited:
Schmiggy_JK23 did you notice the pic got a little darker when you set it at 120?

can't wait to see your in game settings that work.

sad mine maxed out at 135 LOL
will pull my monoprice 24ga cable off the other monitor this weekend and see if it will go higher.

Last edited:
Schmiggy_JK23 did you notice the pic got a little darker when you set it at 120?

can't wait to see your in game settings that work.

sad mine maxed out at 135 LOL
will pull my monoprice 24ga cable off the other monitor this weekend and see if it will go higher.

Just a touch, i doubt anyone else would have noticed it, my wife didn't. But I did as had been staring at it for the last 20 minutes doing things. From what I hear that is common though of 120hz.

I went with ipsledmonitors, but I bought one BEFORE their recent warranty change. I have the 30 days return window, prepaid shipped for returns, etc. Apparently people were buying multiples and just keeping the "best" one and sending the others back so they had to change their policy.

you2 I will post the name of the co when I get home...I forgets lol

overnight from korea
and they answer emails when you send them.

hey they are saying A panels and guaranteed OC

Which buyer are fokls using; do you recommend amazon or ebay /

I just bought this monitor from dream-seller. It should be shipping next Thursday. Thus far he has had great communication and seems like a good seller. I guess I will know for sure when I receive it. I hope it OC's well and has minimal blb/dead pixels. I'm kind of nervous that its going to be flawed but hey I payed for a pixel perfect so I hope not.

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I just bought this monitor from dream-seller. It should be shipping next Thursday. Thus far he has had great communication and seems like a good seller. I guess I will know for sure when I receive it. I hope it OC's well and has minimal blb/dead pixels. I'm kind of nervous that its going to be flawed but hey I payed for a pixel perfect so I hope not.
Mine shipped on a Friday. Fedex tracking said it will be here on Wednesday. Got it on Monday. That was fast. Same seller as well.

Got it up to 120hz with the stock cable (did need to fiddle with the timings a bit). Maybe I'll try a better cable later.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
got a bill for 20-ish dollars from FedEx for my 2nd monitor from dream seller. Kinda pissed me off - called them up and asked "why was the 1st one not billed for any duties and this one was" same seller, address, value, everything.

She instantly took the charges off and didn't need any other documentation from my previous monitor (i had all the invoices that show zero) very quick, very easy.

If you get a bill from FedEx -- don't pay it, just call them up and explain. I didn't even have to whip out the "we have a free trade agreement with that country" talk :)

Monitors below in all their 27" glory. I'm pissed at myself because on the right monitor, i mounted the backplane hardboard (epoxy to metal) 3mm too high, and it caused the monitor to not line up 100%.

Plasti-dipped the metal frames, de-bezel all the plastic crap. very happy overall for 600 dollars.

13wv.jpg

I got mine recently from Overclockmonitors.com for $319 ($10 offer) and came to Utah in 2 days..freaking amazing fast shipping..no idea how they do it lol.
In any case, while I wanted it for photo editing as I game in 3D normally, it is one stunning image for sure.
I just did calibration with a x-rite colormunki display and looks outstanding.
I can provide the calibration file but dont think it helps other as much.
Regards

I got mine recently from Overclockmonitors.com for $319 ($10 offer) and came to Utah in 2 days..freaking amazing fast shipping..no idea how they do it lol.
In any case, while I wanted it for photo editing as I game in 3D normally, it is one stunning image for sure.
I just did calibration with a x-rite colormunki display and looks outstanding.
I can provide the calibration file but dont think it helps other as much.
Regards

would be very interested in getting the color calibrated on this thing? Got any links? tips? or that file would be helpful.

How does a calibrator work? I don't want to spend 100 dollars for a device when I'll only use it once, just casual gaming over here nothing professional.

got a bill for 20-ish dollars from FedEx for my 2nd monitor from dream seller. Kinda pissed me off - called them up and asked "why was the 1st one not billed for any duties and this one was" same seller, address, value, everything.

She instantly took the charges off and didn't need any other documentation from my previous monitor (i had all the invoices that show zero) very quick, very easy.

If you get a bill from FedEx -- don't pay it, just call them up and explain. I didn't even have to whip out the "we have a free trade agreement with that country" talk :)

Monitors below in all their 27" glory. I'm pissed at myself because on the right monitor, i mounted the backplane hardboard (epoxy to metal) 3mm too high, and it caused the monitor to not line up 100%.

Plasti-dipped the metal frames, de-bezel all the plastic crap. very happy overall for 600 dollars.

Thanks for the information. Your setup looks very clean, great job! I will post some picks of my X-Star when it gets here most likely next week (ships thursday). I have a few thoughts regarding Dream-Seller. He/She notified me of the delays on my order so communication is very good. I asked since the posting mentions same day shipping if I could get a more extensive pre ship inspection for dead pixels. The response was pretty much the generic,"we check but given the manual process 1-2 dead is not a reason for return". My thoughts are, don't post same day shipping if it's not possible and maybe offer something for the delays. All is well if I receive my monitor without a dead pixel. Just thought I would share the experience to anyone looking for a X-Star through dream seller. They will not offer anything in terms of expedited shipping (claims they only make 2% so that's not possible) or double checking for dead pixels if they can't ship the same day.

Last edited:
long time lurker here.. but I have recently jumped aboard the Korean monitor bandwagon. lol I ordered through Dream-Seller. I chose a "pixel perfect" X-Star. I messaged him and he said it will ship out tomorrow due to "Korean Holiday." Those guys are always on holiday.. anyways, if all goes well I plan to pick 2 more up. I will post pics here and a good review of it. Thanks and I', excited to be apart of [H]

Back