2080ti Availability

You have gsync though, doesn't gsync make it look fine for 40-60Hz range?

Yes - G-Sync is great for preventing screen tearing and not loosing performance due to normal v-sync - But you still notice the lower FPS/hz.

Me personally, I can see the difference up to about 110 FPS/hz range or so. Every 10 FPS under that I start to notice more and more. Under 60 FPS and in particular under 40 FPS (Even with G-Sync) it becomes pretty unbearable for me. It's like the difference between steering a Miata and a 70's Eldorado.

Last edited:
Yes and no. G-Sync eliminates the issue of slow downs with V-Sync On, and the tearing of V-Sync off, but still doesn't save you from a choppy experience at low frame-rates.

Ideally, for me, I want to be getting in the 90 fps range for the best experience. Above that is nice, but there are smaller returns.

Trash output is still trash- G-Sync just makes sure that it is synchronized trash. If you have solid frame delivery at say 45FPS, then G-Sync will keep it from being stuttery or teary just due to not being synced with the monitor. But it'll still be 45FPS.

Unfortunately, the Ventus line is the lowest rung on the MSI lineup its essentially the old "Armor" series, I would have passed on this one.

That is the one I am considering. I need something to fit in my case ....

I am waiting till MC has it.

So I’ve been out of the RTX loop ever since I cancelled my preorder for the 2080 Ti FTW3. I saw some reports of cards dying when I was about to pull the trigger on a $1080 FE 2080 Ti with a random 10% off Best Buy coupon that I received.

Has the issue been resolved with the latest batch or should I hold off? Coupon expires December 17th but isn’t valid during the Black Friday period unfortunately.

I don't think anyone knows for sure. It seems many people with problems (including me) had issues with the FE cards with serials starting with 0323. My replacement is 0324, and seems to be working.

At that price, I would take the deal. Most people don't have problems (if the [H] poll is accurate) so you're probably fine. Worst case, you do an RMA but I think it's worth the chance for that price.

If it's a concern, get yourself an ~850W single-rail (probably cheaper?) PSU just in case.

Back