• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

2027/2028 Nvidia/AMD/Intel GPU speculation

It started with supercomputers, universities, and STEM related work. And hit isn't the word I would use to describe the evolution. The growth for the most part has been steady, as indicated by your chart. Until AMD can replace Nvidia in industry, R&D towards being the fastest in gaming is like winning the special Olympics. If AMD can't apply their fastest cards towards industry, it limits how much R&D can be recouped.

None of the CUDA growth was reflected in anything in/around 2006 as you're trying to use to excuse away AMD's shortcomings even then (which again and additionally even not having a successful CUDA competitor back then was actually yet another stumble/misstep of AMD's as you're also now conceding to with what you're now saying, and with what we can certainly say as of today's landscape) - that was all gaming giving them their lead back then. That's why Nvidia was including CUDA in consumer GPUS - to try and gain adoption among the 'garage coders' who were also gamers etc (that eventually paid off in 2012 with AlexNet - which got us to where we are today). A move that Wallstreet didn't like and slammed them for because it was impeding/taking resources away from their biggest money maker then - gaming - here's their business/datacenter vs gaming revenues for back then. They reported all this as a public company back then - it's all documented - you can't just rewrite history as you're trying to do.

1790293562532.png


Edit: And here - so you can really see when things started changing on the gaming/datacenter side - from the year 2000-2026:

1790294153432.png
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: ncjoe
like this
None of the CUDA growth was reflected in anything in/around 2006 as you're trying to use to excuse away AMD's shortcomings even then (which again and additionally even not having a successful CUDA competitor back then was actually yet another stumble/misstep of AMD's as you're also now conceding to with what you're now saying, and with what we can certainly say as of today's landscape) - that was all gaming giving them their lead back then. That's why Nvidia was including CUDA in consumer GPUS - to try and gain adoption among the 'garage coders' who were also gamers etc (that eventually paid off in 2012 with AlexNet - which got us to where we are today). A move that Wallstreet didn't like and slammed them for because it was impeding/taking resources away from their biggest money maker then - gaming - here's their business/datacenter vs gaming revenues for back then. They reported all this as a public company back then - it's all documented - you can't just rewrite history as you're trying to do.

View attachment 827756

Edit: And here - so you can really see when things started changing on the gaming/datacenter side - from the year 2000-2026:

View attachment 827757
I don't think I said it was. I think I said it was a steady growth and not a hit, but an evolution. Moving past that, you got to think about how many people use graphics cards for other than gaming. How many workstations have crappy consumer cards? What about professionals such as marketing, graphic design, video rendering, etc... On top of that you had youtubers, influencers, content creators, etc... For example... that 16 billion dollars in consumer cards in 2026... How much of that went primarily to gaming vs workloads? Hardware acceleration isn't just for gaming.
 
On top of that you had youtubers, influencers, content creators, etc... For example... that 16 billion dollars in consumer cards in 2026... How much of that went primarily to gaming vs workloads? Hardware acceleration isn't just for gaming.


All those Quadros etc professional/enterprise cards etc for 'marketing/graphic design/video rendering' are in the same category in the revenue charts provided as datacenter/enterprise computing (until it shows when 'datacenter' meant just 'datacenter' as it details next to it in 2014 - after that the datacenter column is showing you only datacenter - 'Professional Visualization' is what professional-non datacenter cards moved to in earnings reports after - still not the 'consumer/gaming' sales you see there)

You will literally try to find any way and anything to help you cope (and just pointing out more missed opportunities and dropped balls for AMD along the way doing so) 🙄
 
Last edited:
All those Quadros etc professional/enterprise cards etc for 'marketing/graphic design/video rendering' are in the same category in the revenue charts provided as datacenter/enterprise computing (until it shows when datacenter meant just datacenter as it details next to it in 2014)

You will literally try to find anyway and anything to help you cope (and just pointing out more missed opportunities and dropped balls for AMD along the way doing so) 🙄
I wasn't sticking quadros into dell workstations 10 years ago lol. More like low end consumer cards. And what am I not coping with? Why it would not be smart for AMD to over extend themselves? Your argument is like saying Toyota needs a faster car than Ferrari to sell more cars. That's not how it works.
 
I wasn't sticking quadros into dell workstations 10 years ago lol. More like low end consumer cards. And what am I not coping with? Why it would not be smart for AMD to over extend themselves? Your argument is like saying Toyota needs a faster car than Ferrari to sell more cars. That's not how it works.

And the fact you assume everyone does/did the same as you instead of you just being an outlier shows why you can't deal with what you're seeing and what is reality.

People want the brand/company/support/performance/features from those that can make the best cards, up and down the stack most or all of the time. Not just the one that can only make one good card in the middle but only once every 4 years or so (if that). That's apparently what you don't get either.

It's why AMD is behind in gaming and datacenter. No one wants to come in/use '2nd best'.
 
Last edited:
And the fact you assume everyone does/did the same as you instead of you just being an outlier shows why you can't deal with what you're seeing and what is reality.

People want the brand/company/support/performance that can make the best cards, up and down the stack most or all of the time. Not just the one that can only make one good card in the middle but only once every 4 years or so. That's apparently what you don't get either.
What are you talking about. It is common place in the industry. Not everything gpu related in business, workloads, etc... has to be top of the line, and more than most, aren't. I think you are overly simplifying a complex issue. Midrange has been AMD's bread for the longest time, and have adjusted many times to stay relevant in it. They have competed a few times with Nvidia for the best, but even your chart shows that at no point, when AMD had the best card, did they ever hold majority share... ever. Nvidia was very heavy in AAA development throughout that time, to the point Nvidia is the main player anyone saw. Part of AMDs problem imo hasn't been their products, but their lack of marketing penetration. Compared to Intel and Nvidia being household names, AMD doesn't have the same reputation in the consumer space. Even today, after all the strides by AMD, Intel still holds around 70% of the cpu market. That isn't from AMD having inferior products...
 
What are you talking about. It is common place in the industry. Not everything gpu related in business, workloads, etc... has to be top of the line, and more than most, aren't. I think you are overly simplifying a complex issue. Midrange has been AMD's bread for the longest time, and have adjusted many times to stay relevant in it. They have competed a few times with Nvidia for the best, but even your chart shows that at no point, when AMD had the best card, did they ever hold majority share... ever. Nvidia was very heavy in AAA development throughout that time, to the point Nvidia is the main player anyone saw. Part of AMDs problem imo hasn't been their products, but their lack of marketing penetration. Compared to Intel and Nvidia being household names, AMD doesn't have the same reputation in the consumer space. Even today, after all the strides by AMD, Intel still holds around 70% of the cpu market. That isn't from AMD having inferior products...

Because as I already mentioned and addressed - they needed to do it consistently, repeatedly to gain user want/mindshare - not just once every so and so years if they could (they were always trying and only recently gave up).

And yes Intel is still preferred in laptops (majority of PC sales) because of better efficiency than AMD, especially at idle/rest/light usage- AMD is only really efficient under load, even in server market, which has helped them there but also what hurts them there (and in professional/general office desktop PCs) as well.

AMD's entire past and current state in consumer/gaming/professional/datacenter - is from them having inferior products, both on the HW and also SW front.

Keep coping. As the saying goes 'money talks, bullshit walks'. Proof is in the pudding.
 
Last edited:
Because as I already mentioned and addressed - they needed to do it consistently, repeatedly to gain user want/mindshare - not just once every so and so years if they could (they were always trying and only recently gave up).

And yes Intel is still preferred in laptops (majority of PC sales) because of better efficiency than AMD, especially at idle and rest - AMD is only really efficient under load, even in server market, which has helped them there but also what hurts them there (and in professional/general office desktop PCs) as well.

AMD's entire past and current state in consumer/gaming/professional/datacenter - is from them having inferior products, both on the HW and also SW front.

Keep coping.
Coping with what? I have an awesome desktop and laptop by AMD, and it wasn't because they had the gpu crown. They had the price point crown, and to me, that was more important. As we speak, the 9070 xt is a great value in respect to what Nvidia prices are. Do they need a top of the line card to be a better value? No. At the same time, being the best value hasn't produced a gain in market share, and CUDA aside, that is probably proportional to advertisement and preference of consumers, and less so on the performance of the cards. Regardless, I think AMD is in the right direction. APUs are the future for the consumer market. I just wish eGPU docks would use desktop parts. With USB4v2 coming online and how the handheld market took off, maybe we will see someone try.
 
Correct



Incorrect, as you yourself just explained above

That is what you keep coping on/about. As you just did again.
Then why did Intel and Nvidia have better sales when they were not the best? It goes beyond preference. Part of it was backdoor deals with retailers, but at the same time, a lot of it was marketing. I grew up with Intel and Nvidia ads on TV, but never once saw one for AMD.
 
Last edited:
Then why did Intel and Nvidia have better sales when they were not the best?

Intel hasn't in GPUs - for CPUs I explained it to you above - they (AMD) still aren't the best in certain metrics - in those they (AMD) are - like heavy load or gaming - they have pulled ahead

Nvidia has because again as explained they were never not the best, for long, as much, and as repeatedly, as AMD was/is/has been - they bounced back to being the best quickly and consistently whenever they faltered - and have consistently been the best back to back over and over more than AMD has

I grew up with Intel and Nvidia ads on TV, but never once saw one for AMD.

There goes that cope again. Maybe they could have afforded (more) ads if they made better performing products that got them more sales that then got them more money for ads.
 
Last edited:
Intel hasn't in GPUs - for CPUs I explained it to you above - they (AMD) still aren't the best in certain metrics - in those they (AMD) are - like heavy load or gaming - they have pulled ahead

Nvidia has because again as explained they were never not the best, for long, as much, and as repeatedly, as AMD was/is/has been - they bounced back to being the best quickly and consistently whenever they faltered - and have consistently been the best back to back over and over more than AMD has
You are still over simplifying to project, and a lot of it is moot. In an industry that both AMD and Nvidia have done extreme questionable things, skipping the top tier for one cycle isn't something to cry and write home about in a hyperbolic sense. I'm not coping. You're coping. /sniff
 
skipping the top tier for one cycle isn't something to cry and write home about in a hyperbolic sense

Skipping top tier, after consistently not winning the crown in top tier and other or even all positions in the stack, let's not simplify to cope here
 
I'm not the one bothered by it lol.

Could have fooled me, with you being so defensive of AMD for losing so much

Remember you quoted me and started this back and forth - I just don't like when people peddle bullshit and delusions that are easy to prove as bullshit and delusions
 
Could have fooled me, with you being so defensive of AMD for losing so much

Remember you quoted me and started this back and forth - I just don't like when people peddle bullshit and delusions that are easy to prove as bullshit and delusions
Losing? Peddling? Delusions? AMD just recorded another record quarter, but according to you, they're losing. And the 9070 xt has been doing very good. https://www.pcguide.com/news/rx-907...-while-nvidias-average-card-price-nears-1000/ Nvidia's market share is a ratio. If unit sales for an item go from 1 million to 10 million for a competitor, you doing 2 million is still substantial in comparison. In the case that we are in, the market was expanded. 10% of a market worth over a trillion dollars is still better than 50% of a market worth 10 billion.
 
Losing? Peddling? Delusions? AMD just recorded another record quarter, but according to you, they're losing. And the 9070 xt has been doing very good. https://www.pcguide.com/news/rx-907...-while-nvidias-average-card-price-nears-1000/ Nvidia's market share is a ratio. If unit sales for an item go from 1 million to 10 million, 2 million is still substantial in comparison. In the case that we are in, the market was expanded. 20% of a market worth over a trillion dollars is still better than 50% of a market worth 10 billion.

No one goes to the Olympics with hopes of winning silver or bronze

1790324795503.png
 
No one goes to the Olympics with hopes of winning silver or bronze

View attachment 827801
I am starting to wonder if you are semi new to this stuff. No offense, but you remind me of when I was getting more into computers. From where AMD came from, I am happy to see where they are at. They are doing decent on both fronts, and if they get ROCM competitive, they will be doing great. That is their biggest hurdle in the top end, because that segment has been taken over by local models, and not the hot and single kind.
 
I don't no thank you nvidia's cards catch on fire right now and still even nice 5090s do, them prebuilters wont use a gold unit still put bronze and silver units in them. I just can't see spending anything like that on a card that burns might catch on fire.
 
I am starting to wonder if you are semi new to this stuff. No offense, but you remind me of when I was getting more into computers. From where AMD came from, I am happy to see where they are at. They are doing decent on both fronts, and if they get ROCM competitive, they will be doing great. That is their biggest hurdle in the top end, because that segment has been taken over by local models, and not the hot and single kind.

Nope I'm not new to this - should be obvious by how better I know/remember my history compared to you - hence why I'm not holding my breath for ROCm('s latest iteration) - after AMD's Close to Metal....or AMD's Stream.......or AMD then also going all in on OpenCL then pretty much ditching that minus legacy support now......... HSA + HSAIL...... ect - while Nvidia has just had 'CUDA' all that time to still now

Happy you can settle for less. That's known as 'coping'. As I've been saying.
 
Nope I'm not new to this - should be obvious by how better I know/remember my history compared to you - hence why I'm not holding my breath for ROCm('s latest iteration) - after AMD's Close to Metal....or AMD's Stream.......or AMD then also going all in on OpenCL then pretty much ditching that minus legacy support now......... HSA + HSAIL...... ect - while Nvidia has just had 'CUDA' all that time to still now

Happy you can settle for less. That's known as 'coping'. As I've been saying.

You only have a 5070 in your sig for your main rig, looks like someone settled for less or couldn't afford the top of the stack from Nvidia. Also the only coping I have seen in this recent discussion is you. You seem disturbed by someone that doesn't think that AMD is vastly inferior.

Also despite Cuda, AMD is selling every professional card they can make right now. Just they don't push graphics anymore, it's all AI for both companies on the professional lines.
 
Also despite Cuda, AMD is selling every professional card they can make right now. Just they don't push graphics anymore, it's all AI for both companies on the professional lines.

Professional card (for this generaiton at least) being used for CAD/video system or for AI is not something Nvidia-AMD need to know, it is the same card. The RTX 6000 or W7900 can be used for both. Pushing AI is still pushing pro-cards (and why we could see a client Rubin next year to have an updated RTX 6000 for AI out)

I really doubt AMD is selling every Radeo AI pro R9700 32GB they could make or W7000 series... or they are extremelly bad at being able to make cards (it would show up in their quarter revenues).

Those GPU do not have fancy packaging to create bottleneck, there is a reason anyone can simply go on newegg:
https://www.newegg.com/amd-100-300000074-radeon-pro-w7900-48gb-graphics-card/p/N82E16814105114
And press add to cart at a price not far from MSRP.

While a 48GB RTX pro 5000 will cost about the double.

Yes GDDR6 can be expensive, but at the $4000+ price point if people are ready to pay that for GDDR6 and 2022 7000 series old TSMC nodes die, AMD would make a pleasure to make more for them I would think.

Not so long ago AMD was a much bigger TSMC clien than Nvidia (say during a consoles cycle like 2021), I am not sure there is really a long list of demand they do not mean because they cannot make more, maybe some segment of Epyc lines or the very complex packaging-HBM datacenter side, but TSMC 5/6-GDDR6 at those price... They should rise the price a lot if that the case until it stop to be true at least.
 
You only have a 5070 in your sig for your main rig, looks like someone settled for less or couldn't afford the top of the stack from Nvidia. Also the only coping I have seen in this recent discussion is you. You seem disturbed by someone that doesn't think that AMD is vastly inferior.

Also despite Cuda, AMD is selling every professional card they can make right now. Just they don't push graphics anymore, it's all AI for both companies on the professional lines.

I did settle for a 5070 😊

Don't be upset either that AMD is 2nd best at best and someone is pointing it out, logically someone had to come in 2nd - there can't be 2 #1s - not how it works🥈
 
I did settle for a 5070 😊

Don't be upset either that AMD is 2nd best at best and someone is pointing it out, logically someone had to come in 2nd - there can't be 2 #1s - not how it works🥈

I am not upset, just pointing out you didn't buy the best, so clearly mid range cards sell just fine. The irony is me owning a 9070xt from the second best gpu maker is more powerful than the card you own from the number one gpu maker. I just buy the best card for my needs that costs the least. Nvidia has convinced many to buy a lesser card for more money than the competition, while making them believe they got a better experience. Nvidia marketing is top tier. Nvidia has had good deals as well, the 1080 was one of the best cards for the money ever released and why I bought one.

Now either one of us will be lucky to find a next gen card we want to spend the money on for what they will ask for it. Guess we both lose :(
 
It's the year 2060, I'm fuckin old and crotchety. An RTX 100050 ti is the new budget dream card. That budget? A slim $100,000. I refinance my house, finally, I can play Rocket League 3. AMD is only make mid range cards, and those are 500k, so they're out of my price range.
 
Last edited:
I am not upset, just pointing out you didn't buy the best, so clearly mid range cards sell just fine. The irony is me owning a 9070xt from the second best gpu maker is more powerful than the card you own from the number one gpu maker. I just buy the best card for my needs that costs the least. Nvidia has convinced many to buy a lesser card for more money than the competition, while making them believe they got a better experience. Nvidia marketing is top tier. Nvidia has had good deals as well, the 1080 was one of the best cards for the money ever released and why I bought one.

Now either one of us will be lucky to find a next gen card we want to spend the money on for what they will ask for it. Guess we both lose :(

Never said midrange cards don't sell, I said coping for that as reason for stopping to compete in the high end (when the reason is AMD just couldn't win as much as they tried) was cope. As well as pointing to every 3 years or such 'oh but ignore the rest of the stack and this one midrange card for this year is good, if even not the year before that or the year after that' is cope for inability to compete too


AMD wouldn't allow me to use/turn on (to the same level of or if at all) the graphics features I preferred and had and used and liked in my existing games, and was going to be in games I was going to buy - Nvidia would - so I too made and informed product decision and then coped for the price point I was willing to pay within that manufacturer's lineup

Same reason I have an AMD CPU - this would encode my 4K movies better and quicker than any CPU Intel had at the time so I made an informed product purchase decision

I don't care about best bang for buck that's not my initial or guiding product/purchase decision (at least when first deciding capability and features) - I care about which will allow me to do all or the most of the things I want - then like I said, I'll cope for what I'm willing to pay to whoever to do that, wherever within their stack it lies
 
Never said midrange cards don't sell, I said coping for that as reason for stopping to compete in the high end (when the reason is AMD just couldn't win as much as they tried) was cope. As well as pointing to every 3 years or such 'oh but ignore the rest of the stack and this one midrange card for this year is good, if even not the year before that or the year after that' is cope for inability to compete too


AMD wouldn't allow me to use/turn on (to the same level of or if at all) the graphics features I preferred and had and used and liked in my existing games, and was going to be in games I was going to buy - Nvidia would - so I too made and informed product decision and then coped for the price point I was willing to pay within that manufacturer's lineup

Same reason I have an AMD CPU - this would encode my 4K movies better and quicker than any CPU Intel had at the time so I made an informed product purchase decision

I don't care about best bang for buck that's not my initial or guiding product/purchase decision (at least when first deciding capability and features) - I care about which will allow me to do all or the most of the things I want - then like I said, I'll cope for what I'm willing to pay to whoever to do that, wherever within their stack it lies

My biggest point being, the Halo card made no difference in why you bought the card you did. I feel many want AMD to build a high end card to compete with Nvidia, for the sole reason of hoping that it will make Nvidia lower the prices on their cards. They have 0 intention of buying an AMD card regardless how much better it could be, it's just about getting a better price on Nvidia products.
 
My biggest point being, the Halo card made no difference in why you bought the card you did. I feel many want AMD to build a high end card to compete with Nvidia, for the sole reason of hoping that it will make Nvidia lower the prices on their cards. They have 0 intention of buying an AMD card regardless how much better it could be, it's just about getting a better price on Nvidia products.

People understand HALO cards are often (pretty much always) indicative of the company's ability to compete and performance up and down the stack as it's the same company engineering/designing/building them all - before and regardless of price

They show what a company is capable of

If a company's HALO card is only midrange, then again, it shows what only and all they're capable of
 
People understand HALO cards are often (pretty much always) indicative of the company's ability to compete and performance up and down the stack as it's the same company engineering/designing/building them all - before and regardless of price

They show what a company is capable of
You are projecting again. Do you work in the field or are you just a gamer?
 
You are projecting again. Do you work in the field or are you just a gamer?

You are coping again

I've worked in tech - and I know/understand people and thinking/motives and picking up/matching patterns of such - have had to deal with it all very much throughout my life - I'm semi-officially retired though - aside from gaming pretty much all my life as well 😊
 
You are coping again

I've worked in tech - and I know/understand people and thinking/motives and picking up/matching patterns of such - have had to deal with it all very much throughout my life - I'm semi-officially retired though - aside from gaming pretty much all my life as well 😊
That sounds like no. You're new to this forum so to speak. This forum is made up of some incredible people, and at your level, you do not compare technically. I would keep the attitude in check until you can make more substantive statements other than fanboing. Respecting others goes a ways.
 
Last edited:
That sounds like no. You're new to this forum so to speak. This forum is made up of some incredible people, and at your level, you do not compare. I would keep the attitude in check until you can make more substantive statements other than fanboing.

Sorry you didn't get the answer again you were hoping for lol

I've literally been the only one providing numbers/proof to back up my claims unlike you lest you forget (and you've just been jumping from goalpost to goalpost with every claim of yours that gets shot down) - all you have is butthurt feelings that AMD is not the best - why would you care so much and be so defensive of them not the best even if you still like them in the end?
 
Sorry you didn't get the answer again you were hoping for lol

I've literally been the only one providing numbers/proof to back up my claims unlike you lest you forget - all you have is butthurt feelings that AMD is not the best - why would you care so much and be so defensive of them not the best even if you still like them in the end?
What exactly did you prove? You presented stuff to an argument that I did not make, but I'm not sure if you understand that. You've kept telling me that I was coping, but your the one making claims about the state of competition. I started off as an Electronics Tech, added IT to my belt, and now CS. That is my background. My claim is AMD is doing fine with record earnings. Your complaints about AMD not competing sounds more like a cope for having the lower end of the midrange, so you want to feel better about owning an Nvidia card. Who cares? Enjoy what you have.
 
What exactly did you prove?

I've shown that ATI was more competitive to Nvidia in marketshare before being owned by AMD- and that Nvidia was outselling AMD from gaming alone long before CUDA/AI was a factor - as you tried to claim and explain away - and then showed you that wasn't entailing professional cards - as you then deflected to - the numbers and charts are all still above and on the last page if you want to scroll back to it

Who cares? Enjoy what you have.

Does this apply to you when others feel (or show) Nvidia is/is doing better - or only goes one way?
 
I've shown that ATI was more competitive to Nvidia in marketshare before being owned by AMD- and that Nvidia was outselling AMD from gaming alone long before CUDA/AI was a factor - as you tried to claim and explain away - and then showed you that wasn't entailing professional cards - as you then deflected to - the numbers and charts are all still above and on the last page if you want to scroll back to it



Does this apply to you when others feel (or show) Nvidia is/is doing better - or only goes one way?
Let me recall what happened. After the ATI acquisition, AMD as a whole struggled. They had debt out of the ass, and were also struggling with c2d with Athlon and phenom. The 2900xt were powerful at the time, but when the 8800gt came out, the value was a big hit, more so than the gtx and gts variant, to the point it was rebranded in the next gen. Throughout the whole time, the biggest complaints towards AMD/ATI were drivers, and part of what drove a bit of people to Nvidia. That mindset stayed with the community for a while. AMD has mostly always been competitive to some degree, but like I said, with Intel and Nvidia being a household name from proper marketing with TV or video games intros, those things have a lot of impact on consumers. On top of that, developers and companies were heavily backed by Nvidia. Physx was another point of contention that was a selling point for some. Regardless, through the whole thing, AMD is still here, setting new records on revenue. And now, because of the CUDA investment and adoption by the industry, moving away will require something that can replace it with something better or cheaper. There is a want to move away, but the viability from AMD just isn't there yet.
 
Last edited:
Let me recall what happened. After the ATI acquisition, AMD as a whole struggled. They had debt out of the ass, and were also struggling with c2d with Athlon and phenom. The 2900xt were powerful at the time, but when the 8800gt came out, the value was a big hit, to the point it was rebranded in the next gen. Throughout the whole time, the biggest complaints towards AMD/ATI were drivers, and part of what drove a bit of people to Nvidia. That mindset stayed with the community for a while. AMD has mostly always been competitive to some degree, but like I said, with Intel and Nvidia being a household name from proper marketing with TV or video games intros, those things have a lot of impact on consumers. On top of that, developers and companies were heavily backed by Nvidia. Physx was another point of contention that was a selling point for some. Regardless, through the whole thing, AMD is still here, setting new records on revenue. And now, because of the CUDA investment and adoption by the industry, moving away will require something that can replace it with something better or cheaper.

*to some degree* is doing a lot of heavy lifting there - maybe if *to some degree* didn't happen/occur, they'd have the sales thus the money for the ads and developer relations etc you talk about, to some degree more, than they did
 
*to some degree* is doing a lot of heavy lifting there - maybe if *to some degree* didn't happen/occur, they'd have the sales thus the money for the ads and developer relations etc you talk about, to some degree more, than they did
Actually, you are the one claiming that AMD needs a flag ship to compete, with them having record earnings. With you owning a 5070, it sounds like you are using the reputation of Nvidia's top line to feel better about your choices.
 
Actually, you are the one claiming that AMD needs a flag ship to compete, with them having record earnings. With you owning a 5070, it sounds like you are using the reputation of Nvidia's top line to feel better about your choices.

Because you're totally ignoring the obvious of AMD's current success is again riding off the coattails of Nvidia's and the fact of 'a rising tide lifts all boats' - again them needing to compete at the high end is what all the pre-AI charts/numbers/stuff is to show you - and that still holds true now - no matter how many AI-dinner-scraps they still manage to scavenge from Nvidia now in the meantime - that's all they're relegated to without doing so - that's literally coping/settling again
 
Last edited:
Back
Top