2007 Post Your Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey man, learn to use Microsoft Paint. Open them in Paint hit CTRL + W then under stretch change it to 25 for both and hit OK. Then re host them.

Welcome to 2007, age of the 20+ inch displays. 1280px is not to wide for an image (not on an enthusiast forum like the [H], at least). See this thread.

And come on, be a little nicer, especially when posting as a n00bie. You're giving all the other n00bies a bad name :p

132644.jpg

Justin,
You like your phone? I have the same one and I like it alot, except for sometimes it can feel a little bit delicate... :D
The black Samsung by the way...

Justin,
You like your phone? I have the same one and I like it alot, except for sometimes it can feel a little bit delicate... :D
The black Samsung by the way...

it's pretty cool. i like it.

although after seeing chocolate from LG...i dunno.:D

My favorite. :)

Are you art inclined?
I.e., is art tied to what you do for a living?

Nice office layout and good picture taking. :)
Actually yes. I used to do some bit of art before, now I'm a freelance web/graphic designer.

dab., do you always maintain your remotes so clean like that? :D Or just a setup for the picture heheh.

Dude some of these setups are simply fantastic... I love it. Here's my humble setup:

computer069.jpg

computer071.jpg

computer068.jpg

Not much has changed since last year, but I got some upgrades for my rig for christmas, so I figured I'd show it off anyways.

Thanks Pkirk, it's my favorite lighter too...Newegg orange. .618? Fibonacci retracement number, a trader perhaps? I'm a commodities hack...

Breaking down and going to go look at those 37"er's today. Just ordered an XBOX from the Egg.

Best,

Liquid Cool

Im diggin the orange lighter :D

...the rest of your setup looks kinda cheap. Still like it though ;)

Welcome to 2007, age of the 20+ inch displays. 1280px is not to wide for an image (not on an enthusiast forum like the [H], at least). See this thread.

And come on, be a little nicer, especially when posting as a n00bie. You're giving all the other n00bies a bad name :p

1024x768 != 1280x1024

1280 may not be to wide, but it is too wide.

Also, I think my VX922 still qualifies as an enthusiast monitor. Max resolution? 1280x1024.

640x480 is big enough for images posted in a thread. Scrolling over because of guys like you is a pain in the ass.

Hey guys, awesome forum, and awesome thread! Ive been looking at the old 2006 thread since it started, and i finally decided to make a username on this great message board!

Heres my setup, nothing special(actually terrible compared to 95% on this site), but it gets the job done.:)

IMG_0687.jpg

Xbox Webserver: (gentoox---apache, php, mysql, pearl, etc) used for hosting files and two webcams:D

IMG_0686.jpg

IMG_0690.jpg

IMG_0691.jpg

Ubuntu FTW!:p

IMG_0755.jpg

cyron1,

what's that thing under your monitor?

It's like a power surge/strip, you plug everything into the back, and can turn each one on/off with the switches in the front. They used to be all the rage ;)

cyron, what visual style are you using (and any chance of sending it to me)

1024x768 != 1280x1024

1280 may not be to wide, but it is too wide.

Also, I think my VX922 still qualifies as an enthusiast monitor. Max resolution? 1280x1024.

640x480 is big enough for images posted in a thread. Scrolling over because of guys like you is a pain in the ass.

If you had read that poll I linked to as well as you had read my post to pick out such a small grammatical error you would have noticed that the option that was getting more than 90% of the votes was for Greater than 1024x768.

Greater than 1024x768 usually does == 1280x1024 (or greater ;) )

640x480 is far to small for an image in a forum like this; 800x600 sure, but not 640.

Anywho, I am tired of spamming this tread so i have started this one.

Thanks Pkirk, it's my favorite lighter too...Newegg orange. .618? Fibonacci retracement number, a trader perhaps? I'm a commodities hack...

Breaking down and going to go look at those 37"er's today. Just ordered an XBOX from the Egg.

Best,

Liquid Cool

you do know that I really dig your setup, right? It's probably on my top 10 all favorite setups from these forums. hybrid is up there too.

Honorary mention would go to simple dab (not top 10 IMO but certainly very nice for what it is). His setup actually works well for the aging CRT. Maybe we should have a 'best of' thread that shows only the voted best setups. I've been inspired by many a setup in the past years since we started these threads. :)

Main Rig and server.

rig1.jpg

Media Center Display I just got the Westinghouse and am still setting everything up. Note the drill and hammer. :cool:

rig2.jpg

Network front end. Left machine on board connects to my 5mb cable, right machine to 8mb/8mb fiber. :D My internet is never down or slow.
The blue machine is my media center pc in its temporary case.

rig3.jpg

Here is my setup, I just cleaned my room I doubt it will stay like this much longer. Enjoy.
DSCN2827.jpg

DSCN2830.jpg

DSCN2825.jpg

DSCN2833.jpg

DSCN2837.jpg

p180 is my main rig, specs in sig. Left machine is a ftp server I need to get running again (p4 2.0, windows server 03). Laptop is inspiron 5160.

I love all the pics on the Galant desks. IKEA Galant FTW!! I will post my new pics soon (with a Galant of course;) )

twitchee2, I have the same speakers and printer. Does your printer get paper jams all the time?

Here is my setup, I just cleaned my room I doubt it will stay like this much longer. Enjoy.
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c127/twitchee2/DSCN2827.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c127/twitchee2/DSCN2830.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c127/twitchee2/DSCN2825.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c127/twitchee2/DSCN2833.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c127/twitchee2/DSCN2837.jpg
p180 is my main rig, specs in sig. Left machine is a ftp server I need to get running again (p4 2.0, windows server 03). Laptop is inspiron 5160.

What desk is that? I like it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back