2006 Post Your Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
baker97 said:
IMG_11472.jpg

out of all the places you can put a hard drive, you put 2 hard drives at the very bottom of a ATX case. Did you know that's where the ATX case draw the cool air in and exhaust the hot air inside via the top fan? You are blocking the air flow totally

amx said:
Complete turned on.

308179968_ce8497a798_b.jpg

I don't understand why you have a big fan blowing hot air upwards? Shouldn't you have it pulling the hot air out towards the rear instead?

By the way, what's that green light connect to a ribbon cable do at the front?

Happy Hopping said:
I don't understand why you have a big fan blowing hot air upwards? Shouldn't you have it pulling the hot air out towards the rear instead?
LOL, it's a power supply.

aznpxdd said:
I'll never get why people get 5.1 sound system and put the rear speakers on the top of the front speakers.

Nice setup though.

No choice really as there is too much traffic in the area behind my chair to allow speakers back there... trust me I wish it wasnt the case.

Happy Hopping said:
out of all the places you can put a hard drive, you put 2 hard drives at the very bottom of a ATX case. Did you know that's where the ATX case draw the cool air in and exhaust the hot air inside via the top fan? You are blocking the air flow totally
That's the best place to put hard drives, since they need to be cooled as well.

exactly plus I added another 80mm fan right above that to intake air, therefore one is cooling my harddrives and blowing through teh comp aswell as another right above

2x 80mm front intake
1x120mm side intake
2x 80mm back exhaust
1x 80mm top exhaust

Eagle156 said:
LOL, it's a power supply.

well then shoudln't that exhaust fan of the power supply be facing the outside of the case? I never seen anyone put a pwr. supply fan inside a case, as the power supply fan exhaust hot air out.

What's unusual about the PSU fan placement in this instance is that it looks like he replaced the 120mm fan in his Ultra X-Finity (I'm guessing), but instead of making the new fan an exhaust (which is what virtually all PSU fans are), the picture here shows the fan to be blowing into the chassis instead of exhausting warm air out the back of the case.

*scratches head* :rolleyes:

JaYp146 said:
What's unusual about the PSU fan placement in this instance is that it looks like he replaced the 120mm fan in his Ultra X-Finity (I'm guessing), but instead of making the new fan an exhaust (which is what virtually all PSU fans are), the picture here shows the fan to be blowing into the chassis instead of exhausting warm air out the back of the case.

*scratches head* :rolleyes:
Yes you got that right. The reason why this is the case is because of the placement of the PSU.
In my build the PSU is located in the front. I dont' have a intake(fan) installed in the front yet, I am not sure If I will need to.The fan in the psu is replaced with a quiter fan and it is flipped So it can blow air into the case.
I am still in the process of benchmarking and testing. I am keeping a log of the temps in both idle and stress testing. So far everything is working the way it has been intended. I will update if anything changes.

this is post your workstation, not post your case. woo hoo, watercooling, like we havent see that before. grumpy grumpy.

UltraJounin said:
Just finished painting the room today. (gray)

PC specs in my sig.

IMG_7510h1.jpg
I have the same desk and speakers
biggrin.gif
But I have a better mouse (G5)....
wink.gif

I will have pics soon.

Theres my brand-new Gateway 22 inch widescreen LCD. Logitech G15, G5 and Z5300. The PC's specs are in my sig.

DSC_0055.jpg

DSC_0056.jpg

DSC_0057.jpg

Kido1986 said:
The Gateway monitor has Svideo and Component inputs. Thats how the PS2 is hooked up.
It's really nice to have that component-in because now I can go from HTML right to playing games. That monitor has PIP to (top right in the photos)
tongue.gif

playafly187: did you get those monitors from newegg. They have them but they are open box , so i'm not sure if they are worth it then.

tronics said:
playafly187: did you get those monitors from newegg. They have them but they are open box , so i'm not sure if they are worth it then.

yep, weekend special, $313.99, free shipping.

playafly187 said:
updated a bit, two 22" chimei widescreen LCDs

22d.jpg

How do you like that case? I've been looking at it for a while, seems like a great case for the price.

dator1.png

Big

dator2.png

Big

Old pictures.

nvidia GeForce 7900GTX
AMD Athlon X2 4400+
2048 ram
250 x 250 GB

but it sucks... i want to trash my computer.. only shit from HP.
I have a Logitech G15 too, but i dont like it so i use my old keyboard.

NukeULater said:
Theres my brand-new Gateway 22 inch widescreen LCD. Logitech G15, G5 and Z5300. The PC's specs are in my sig.

Very nice, I actually prefer the mx518 because I need a button above the scroll wheel for gaming.... G15 doesnt have that :(

woicer said:
nvidia GeForce 7900GTX
AMD Athlon X2 4400+
2048 ram
250 x 250 GB

but it sucks... i want to trash my computer.. only shit from HP.
I have a Logitech G15 too, but i dont like it so i use my old keyboard.

Why trash it? Just give it to me, i'll pay shipping. ^_~

2006setup.jpg

Moved it into the living room for the summer (a/c), just haven't moved it back.

Opteron 170 @ 2.8
DFI NF4 SLI-DR
1GB G.Skill
ATI x1900XTX
Creative X-FI
PCP&C 510dlx
Dell 2007WFP
Logitech Z5500
Lian Li V2000b

Sucka said:
Moved it into the living room for the summer (a/c), just haven't moved it back.

Opteron 170 @ 2.8
DFI NF4 SLI-DR
1GB G.Skill
ATI x1900XTX
Creative X-FI
PCP&C 510dlx
Dell 2007WFP
Logitech Z5500
Lian Li V2000b

You should put that sub on the floor. It's pointless to even have it if you're going to put it on the cart like that.

hahahaha, are you using a windows installer screeny as a background? it's kinda hard to tell, the grey bar on the bottom suggests yes, but I see no desktop icons.

heheh come on skud, the greay bar is always therre in the windows installer. its where it says shit like "press f6 to load raid drivers" etc etc along with progress info

gosh i cant wait till that stupidd outdated windows installer is gone. FOR YEARS NOW, osx has shown how an installer should be. catch up windows!

dab. said:
You should put that sub on the floor. It's pointless to even have it if you're going to put it on the cart like that.

I would but the wife doesn't let me...lol

Like i said, i moved everything out here for the summer and will be moving it back into my office. I use a headset 95% of the time since it's been in the living room :(

el rolio said:
heheh come on skud, the greay bar is always therre in the windows installer. its where it says shit like "press f6 to load raid drivers" etc etc along with progress info

gosh i cant wait till that stupidd outdated windows installer is gone. FOR YEARS NOW, osx has shown how an installer should be. catch up windows!

yeah, good point. I just reinstalled 2000, i should have known!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back