2006 Post Your Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine has changed a bit:
DSC01095.jpg

DSC01090.jpg

I could never have my mouse and keyboard at different heights, it would drive me nuts.

Dan_D said:
I could never have my mouse and keyboard at different heights, it would drive me nuts.

I so agree with you!!! i tried it for a little while when i got a new desk back in the day, becaue the keyboard tray did not have enough room for a mouse, so i went out and got a new piece of wood to redo the keyboard tray so i would have more than enough room for a keyboard and mouse. It drives me nuts when they are at different levels.

spotdog14 said:
I so agree with you!!! i tried it for a little while when i got a new desk back in the day, becaue the keyboard tray did not have enough room for a mouse, so i went out and got a new piece of wood to redo the keyboard tray so i would have more than enough room for a keyboard and mouse. It drives me nuts when they are at different levels.

agreed, i bought my desk especially for the size of the keyboard tray, 36" wide.

Gotta hurry and get my messy desk in before the newyear. I plan on moving my desk against the wall with the nascar flag, due to space issues. It will also help hide every single wire, however I don't like being faced away from the door, because people like to sneak up behind me. :eek:

About 1 year ago:
oldsetup.jpg

In place of the TV stand is my old Athlon 64 gaming machine. It has nothing inside the case, at all. Notice the dents on the top of the grey case? I hated that thing. That blanket is one of like.. 5 making a ramp to my bed for my longhaired- mini-dotsun
setup5.jpg

This is a Dell Dimension 2350 that I used as a server for Teamspeak, Vent, FTP, 2 Websites, and 7 email accounts. I reset it often, but after about 9 months as a server(after beating it to death with Planetside 6 hours every day) I unplugged it to change it around to my suit my new setup, it wouldn't turn back on. That was a sad, sad day, for my entire clan.
server.jpg

In place of the server now is a new dresser and nightstand, and the server sits dead, stripped of working parts, on the floor.

Bought this for 300 bucks. Just a simple 1.8GHz 512 ram 40 gig HD. It used to be in my setup, but after about a month of use, my SRO(School Resource Officer) informed me it was stolen, and that I had to give it back. The kid only gave me 40 bucks back. Molotov Coktails rock.
laptop.jpg

Changed to this like 10 months ago
setup0.jpg

setup1.jpg

setup2.jpg

setup3.jpg

Saitek Gaming Keyboard and Razer Copperhead Tempest Blue Gaming Mouse
lights2.jpg

Receiving my new laptop sometime this weekend and I may clean my desk, so I might get new pics up. The last month has been hectic so that's why my desk is a mess.

Dan_D said:
I would much rather have them at the same height, but I have had them like this for years. When I am at home this is how I have it setup. My dorm doesn't have a keyboard tray so I have them at the same height when I am there.

Thanks. I actually just got it today. Right now I have it set for the basic volume functions, scrolling in Firefox (which I really love), and that is it for now. I am trying to figure out a way to assign specific key commands other than the pre-set for each program. I want right click for the click function in Firefox or simply figure out how to assign the click to open in new tab. I am going to have to learn Apple Script to fiddle with something fun. I am going to be trying it in Audacity as well as iMovie and what not. Any other ideas? I got it for about $18 bucks on ebay. Couldn't resist at that price. $45 is really steep.

myroom122106vd5.jpg

Cooler Master Cent 5
Viewsonic VX924
Logitech Z-3 2.1
Logitech Elite Keyboard
Logitech MX518
AMD s939 3700+
2x512mb Corsair XMS
eVGA N517 7800GT w/ Zalman VF900
Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
WD 80GB SATA
Seagate 250GB SATA
That's about it. There's a Uniden Bearcat BC895XLT for police scanning, and a Creative Zen Vision M on top of my case.

Volucris said:
myroom122106vd5.jpg

Cooler Master Cent 5
Viewsonic VX924
Logitech Z-3 2.1
Logitech Elite Keyboard
Logitech MX518
AMD s939 3700+
2x512mb Corsair XMS
eVGA N517 7800GT w/ Zalman VF900
Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
WD 80GB SATA
Seagate 250GB SATA
That's about it. There's a Uniden Bearcat BC895XLT for police scanning, and a Creative Zen Vision M on top of my case.
Lookin good man..I love that case (i have one too :D ) and nice collection of games :cool: ;)

Firefox90 said:
Thanks. I actually just got it today. Right now I have it set for the basic volume functions, scrolling in Firefox (which I really love), and that is it for now. I am trying to figure out a way to assign specific key commands other than the pre-set for each program. I want right click for the click function in Firefox or simply figure out how to assign the click to open in new tab. I am going to have to learn Apple Script to fiddle with something fun. I am going to be trying it in Audacity as well as iMovie and what not. Any other ideas? I got it for about $18 bucks on ebay. Couldn't resist at that price. $45 is really steep.

but the sucker is only .26 lb. wouldn't it be too hard to rotate that wheel w/o tipping it off or just moving along the desk? The truth is, it should be the wt. of a heavy paper wt. That way, it wouldn't skate along your desk when you rotate it.

Here is mine, now added ANOTHER tft and changed my desk totally.

Old Setup (for comparison like)
OldDesk.jpg

New Desk with old Setup
deskfar.jpg

New Desk with added tft.
triple.jpg

sorry desk pics are so awful camera phone.

and then for the pc.

Interior.jpg

Exterior.jpg

IMAG0008.jpg

IMAG0007.jpg

IMAG0011.jpg

Spec's

MSI K8N Master 2 Far
2x AMD Opteron 252's oc'd to 2757mhz (so Far)
2Gb Corsair ECC Reg Ram
MSI 7900GTO (700mhz / 720mhz) For the 2 19"'s
XFX 6800GS @ stock for the 12" case mounted.
2x SATA hd's. 450gb and counting.
2x SATA DVDRW.

think thats about it.

UncleDavid218 said:
You should put those Opterons to work an learn to resize images ;)
Hahaha, I was going to say something along those lines too ^_^.
Yea.... the pictures look horrible at that big. If you resized them though to around 600x400 they would look ok.

Ok, cleaned up some.
Right here I have hardrives ontop of my rig, games, and paperwork on the desk. All the data from the drives is going in the laptop, games aswell, and I am still looking over the papers.
bleh.jpg

And then after the data transfer.
cleaner.jpg

Now I need to clean my cables.

Happy Hopping said:
why would there be a screen on a computer?
Just a cool case mod ;)
Looks awesome

I was thinkin about doin something like thatbut with a PS1 add on screen thing but never got around to it

Happy Hopping said:
why would there be a screen on a computer?
this case is a bad example, but if you are a LAN goer (like some of us here) it makes mobility much easier, one guy at my local LAN has a 15 inch screen embedded on the side of his case, so that creates one less thing to lug around. In this case, if ithe case is at eye level, it creates a nifty second screen for placing net windows and chat boxes, or status screens and temp monitors. Also as mentioned it just looks cool. This is one of the best i've seen with a front-side monitor mod, it looks really clean and i love the vertical mounted cd trays, is there a workblog on this mod?

hello there, glad you like the mod.

There is a worklog HERE among other places.

The screen originally was going to be a touchscreen but after much thought I realised it would be pointless and too costly. The original idea was for it to be a fan controller but when you press the screen the game (or whatever) loses focus. So it was transformed into a 12" TFT which I have msn or winamp open on while I'm doing other things. Also it is used to have speedfan on while im playing to monitor temps.

Thanks again for your cool comments!

Main rig/Video editing PC
Dual Xeon 2.4Ghz
2GB Patriot memory
Asus PC-DL motherboard
SAPPHIRE Radeon X1600PRO 256MB AGP video card
4 x 250GB SATA HDD’s (storage)
1 x 500GB SATA HDD (storage)
80GB Seagate (OS)
SAMSUNG 18X DVD±R DVD Burner
Thermaltake 430W power supply
Antec P180
Windows XP Pro

Gaming PC
Intel Core 2 Duo E6300
DFI INFINITY 975X
BFG GeForce 7600GT PCI Express Video Card
Ultra 320 PCI Express Intel RAID Controller (Model: SRCU42E)
2 HP - 72GB 15K SCSI HDD’s in Raid0
4GB CORSAIR DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 533
COOLER MASTER Centurion 5
Windows Vista Business Edition

Server PC
Compaq Proliant DL380 G2
Single P4 1.8GHZ
1024MB of Memory
6 x 146GB Ultra320 SCSI 10K rpm HDD’s in a Raid5
Windows 2003 Server

HTPC
P4 3.2GHZ
Intel Motherboard (forgot which model)
MSI 6600GT PCI Express Video Card
1GB KINGMAX Memory
Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-150 TV tuner
SILVERSTONE LC20-B Desktop case
Windows XP Pro

My Gaming & Main computer are hooked up to (2) 20” BenQ Widescreen LCD’s via a IOGear MiniView Dual View KVM Switch (Model GCS1742 )

The server and HTPC are running on a headless configuration (no monitors,keyboards etc..)

And has for speakers I am using Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speaker system.

hey rob black what is that server pc being used for? is it a gaming server? a file server? that is pretty nice.. also is it standard server mount?

videomasterz said:
hey rob black what is that server pc being used for? is it a gaming server? a file server? that is pretty nice.. also is it standard server mount?

The server is used for storage for all my raw video footage.

I eventually want to install VMWare and do different things (like a game server, web, etc…) I plan to rackmount it to something like this: Gruber - 7' Adjustable 4 Post Aluminum Relay Rack

Also….The server is off 90% of the time. That thing is loud has hell

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Happy Hopping said:
we have a ban on 300 baud modem, didn't you get that memo? :D
No srry :D actually i have broadband but my dad was on the lappy downloading something so its affecting my internet as well :mad:

UncleDavid218 said:
[IM]http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/David343/Photomerge800.jpg[/IMG]

That is one of the cleanest room's I have ever seen on [H]. Your setup looks real clean too. Nice.

import said:

I was lookin at stuff a few pages back, and i saw this. Probably the awesomest looking room I've seen in a while. Import, is that a king size bed? Do you sleep there or just use it as a couch? And +1 for the drill, you never know when you'll have to screw something ;)

ampedxc27 said:
I was lookin at stuff a few pages back, and i saw this. Probably the awesomest looking room I've seen in a while. Import, is that a king size bed? Do you sleep there or just use it as a couch? And +1 for the drill, you never know when you'll have to screw something ;)
thanks. '
the bed is just a queen.
i sleep in it.

im redoing my room after xmas. hardwood floor, new desk, new bed stand, etc.

Rob Black said:
Why is your PC backwards? what if you need to use the CD-Rom drive?
It looks like so he can have easy access to switch out between speakers and headphones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back