2006 Post Your Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
jmroberts70 said:
What do you mean you don't have a job?! What do you do? And do you have pics on the making of that desk? Maybe even a writeup here?
I don't think I have pictures, don't think we took any in the process. No write up either, maybe sketches that I did, then the offical ones. This desk can be bought, just give me a price and I'll let you know ;)

I don't do much, simple freelance web/graphic design, and I sell mobile phones as a hobby.

more pics of the desk please. Particularly the bottom chassis and legs would be appreciated.

edit: nice btw.

I will get more pics in the morning with a lot of light, lens works better in a lot of light.

My dad is a carpenter/sub contractor, so if you want a desk like this or similar, let me know and he can arrange a quote :D

The cabinets beside the desk in the last picture was custom made by him as well.

That desk doens't look firm/balanced to me :p

Great looking workstation though, why don't you hybrid.09 move the desk infront the windows? Could look sweet

Holy shit thats one sick desk you made, i 2nd a writeup lol.

hybrid wheres your keyboard?

edit : nvm. slideout

338671393_4db8e9811c.jpg

338685897_6c7009b97e.jpg

338688753_af7cec5926.jpg

More pictures to come :)

dsc00807he1.jpg

The yellowed out machine isn't mine. The C466 and my mom's C400 are currently ripped apart and it will be, too when my dad is done getting crap out of it.

hybrid.09 said:
A bit off topic, but my living room. Guess who made the coffee table ;)

338692367_feafc57f90.jpg

Ohhh, oooh! I know this one!!! Uh.....Hmmmm....Gimme a second...

You!??!?!

+1 to you for a great looking table, excellent craftsmenship, just like that awesome desk :D

Groffy77 said:
Where did you get your computer chair from?
I think it was bought from Costco :p

Thanks guys. My dads' quotes are pretty reasonable, but expensive, not your local IKEA :rolleyes:

DumpsterDiver727 said:
Hybrid.09, your house is just beautiful.
Thanks ;) You should see the master bedroom, bathrooms, and my room :)

Basement is crap, since it was rented out by someone.

hybrid, are you single? If not...well...I wouldn't mind having a house like that if ya know what I mean. Lol. That's one nice house man. Just a bit of automation and it'll match my dream house lol.

The G3 takes some pretty sweet pics, good job on that.

Well, I am single, but I'm pretty young lol. So those of you who haven't noticed, I live in my parents house :eek:

My room is in the last picture.

sanj101 said:
very nice, love the desk and lighting. never thought id see the day wher they mae mouse mates almost th esize of keyboard :p

Mine is bigger.
skrivbord.jpg

It's not a mousepad anymore, it's a deskpad. A Corepad Deskpad XXXL to be exact. Measures 90x45 cm.

corepad-deskpad-xxxl-mouse-pad-3.jpg

Snapped it from google.

Holy crap, and I thought my QcK+ was big. Let me guess. Sony Ericsson W800i, Powerbook, Acer LCD, and other crap. Saitek keyboard and MX518? :p

hybrid.09 said:
The G3 takes some pretty sweet pics, good job on that.

Well, I am single, but I'm pretty young lol. So those of you who haven't noticed, I live in my parents house :eek:

My room is in the last picture.

You referring to my pictures? I used an external flash with the G3 and bounced the light off the ceiling and walls at a 75 degree angle.

:)

Louisville Slugger said:
You referring to my pictures? I used an external flash with the G3 and bounced the light off the ceiling and walls at a 75 degree angle.

:)
Yeah. I could see the speed light in the glare of your Dell :) What ISO were you using? Kind of noisy, but good. Good lighting, not direct flash, I hate when that happens to me ever since my speed light broke and had to use internal flash :eek:

hybrid.09 said:
Yeah. I could see the speed light in the glare of your Dell :) What ISO were you using? Kind of noisy, but good. Good lighting, not direct flash, I hate when that happens to me ever since my speed light broke and had to use internal flash :eek:

I had it on ISO 50, ~ f/4.5, ~ 1/500th, I adjusted the colors and contrast in Photoshop, sharpened and faded the sharpening by 50%.

hybrid.09 said:
Holy crap, and I thought my QcK+ was big. Let me guess. Sony Ericsson W800i, Powerbook, Acer LCD, and other crap. Saitek keyboard and MX518? :p

Correct! MX518 is replaced by a red Razer copperhead tho.

Headphones are HD555, with a zalman MIC-1 attached. The HD555 are connected to the Can v2 headphone amplifier with extra powersupply. The screen right of the Acer is a 17" hercules prophetview 920 Pro DVI. If you wanted to know. ;)

Edit: Also the camera used is a Canon IXUS 40, I think I used about 1.5 sec shutter-time on that picture, don't really remember. :)

I'm saving up for a D80 btw... I like to take photos. :)

I really like your home dude, really clean... I'd love to live like that.

Ah thanks (wheres the shy emoticon) lol :) I feel like such a show off :D

Nice. I used to have a Copperhead but it got messed up so I just sold it. I have a MX518 for gaming, G7 for just general stuff, and brand new Krait and Diamondback in the closet.

I had a W800, lost it, now I have a rare allure brown K790a :) I replaced my Powerbook G4 with a new sexy black MacBook ;)

Great photos guys, I love photography, so it's nice to see people taking more than half decent pics.

Hybrid... I think we all want an e-tour of your entire pad. The stuff you made is awesome and I am jealous and I am going to jack all your furniture... jk =D

Prim3 said:
Hybrid... I think we all want an e-tour of your entire pad. The stuff you made is awesome and I am jealous and I am going to jack all your furniture... jk =D
How do people make those 360 quicktime files or whatever, like those hotel preview videos hehe :D

It's not really my, it's my family (me and parents), and my dad made most/all the furniture, i helped him design the desk and create it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back