2006 PC hardware vs. XBOX Next...

Kevin Lowe said:
Ones that have been building their own PCs since they were ten years old when their father taught them DOS and who are now IT professionals? I assure you, I'm plenty capable of hooking up my computer to my TV and receiver if I felt like it. However, I also use my computer for work, and since my desk and my TV are in different rooms, I'd rather not haul it back and forth. (And no, I'm not going to try using Visual Studio on a TV. Not gonna happen.)

Does anyone else have some bullshit generalizations about console gamers?

And sure, there have been a few games that support one player on WASD and another on arrows. Where the hell do the third and foruth person play?

For people with an IQ lower than that of mayonnaise .... what he means is that .. with a console you can all sit down on the couch and play a multi-player game on the same TV with the same box and have a good time.

On a PC this is not possible.

Now do I really need to make hand signals while I explain this ... or do people finally get it ?

Kevin Lowe said:
Yeah. See my sig below. Do you have any more uninformed theories about whether Xbox gamers have seen good PC graphics?

It's all about the game experience. PCs have certain games that just don't work on consoles this generation. Consoles provide experiences that just can't be done on PCs - I'm still waiting to hear what the zealots suggest I do when my friends come over and want to play some games. With consoles, I plop them down in front of the HDTV, fire up the 5.1 sound, and kick some ass.
I totally agree with you on the part of consoles provide a different and sometimes better gaming experience. Hell, id go on to say out of my top 10 favorite games of all time, 8 of them are probably on console. I completely enjoy playing console games, as i have all the consoles as wel.

But, that is not the topic of discussion. The topic of discussion is that these consoles will be more powerful in terms of graphics than PC's, which is a completely rediculous claim. If that was true, then the "console gods" of the world would put their little console parts in PC's. They don't. You know why? Because while they may be perfect for usage on a TV running at a low resolution, they do not cut it on a PC. Not powerful enough for PC enthusiasts. If you want to switch the topic of this Thread to "which is going to be more fun, PC or the new consoles". Then that is a coin toss and is worth discussing. Because in my opinion, yes console games do deliver a better "gaming" experience.

Tygerwoody said:
But, that is not the topic of discussion. The topic of discussion is that these consoles will be more powerful in terms of graphics than PC's, which is a completely rediculous claim.
It was true for the XBOX 1 .... at the time of release it had a Geforce 3.5-4 when Geforce 3's were just hitting the market, for PC. Also the graphics were fully integrated and easily to program for as there was only one hardware configuration ... unlike PCs which have limitless configurations.
If that was true, then the "console gods" of the world would put their little console parts in PC's. They don't. You know why? Because while they may be perfect for usage on a TV running at a low resolution, they do not cut it on a PC. Not powerful enough for PC enthusiasts.
The reason you cannot switch out console parts is because the graphics card are fully integrated into the rest of the unit. There is no AGP or SLI slot you can just remove the card from. Not only does this increase performance, but it eliminates bottlenecks.

The reason consoles WERE set at 640x480 is because TVs were not able to support anything else. Now with advances in TV sets and the decrease in cost .... TVs which can support more then 640x480 are becomming more wide spread. Its just marketing .... you dont make a console that can support higher resolutions if the vast majority of the target market dont have a TV which can support anything above 640x480.

Everyone points to resolution as an uber argument. Look at doom 3 ... if a game is programed correctly resolution does not have a huge impact. And this is besides the point. If people truely believe the XBOX 2 will only have 640x480 then they are kidding themselves are proving their ignorance

The XBOX 1 was revolutionary in what it had to offer .... for people to believe that the XBOX 2 will not have the same impact .... well ... it is rather foolish.

bonkrowave said:
It was true for the XBOX 1 .... at the time of release it had a Geforce 3.5-4 when Geforce 3's were just hitting the market, for PC. Also the graphics were fully integrated and easily to program for as there was only one hardware configuration ... unlike PCs which have limitless configurations.
The reason you cannot switch out console parts is because the graphics card are fully integrated into the rest of the unit. There is no AGP or SLI slot you can just remove the card from. Not only does this increase performance, but it eliminates bottlenecks.

The reason consoles WERE set at 640x480 is because TVs were not able to support anything else. Now with advances in TV sets and the decrease in cost .... TVs which can support more then 640x480 are becomming more wide spread. Its just marketing .... you dont make a console that can support higher resolutions if the vast majority of the target market dont have a TV which can support anything above 640x480.

Everyone points to resolution as an uber argument. Look at doom 3 ... if a game is programed correctly resolution does not have a huge impact. And this is besides the point. If people truely believe the XBOX 2 will only have 640x480 then they are kidding themselves are proving their ignorance

The XBOX 1 was revolutionary in what it had to offer .... for people to believe that the XBOX 2 will not have the same impact .... well ... it is rather foolish.

I agree with you that Xbox 2 will be revolutionary. The Xbox 1 did NOT have a more powerful graphics "card" then any PC, nor will Xbox 2 have better. Yes i do believe people will be able to run at a higher resolution on the Xbox 2, I mean why not? Our TV's can go higher now, so again why not?

And on the topic of "integrated graphics eliminates bottlenecks" is untrue. Agp and pci xpress both have plenty of bandwidth. If it was true that the Xbox 2 will have a better video "card" then a PC because its "integrated" , then my friend, why do we not integrate "teh L337 Xbox inTeGraTed gRaPhics" into our motherboards? Last I checked our integrated graphics motherboards were pretty crummy. Come to think of it, the absolute BEST integrated graphics solution really isnt that good compared to what we have.... but I bet it can run at 640x480 :D

I have made my point clear enough

a pc is always going to be better than a console keep in mind tv's have a way lower resolution than monitors if the tv industry actauly went beyond the standard 3x5 and 800x600 max resolution say to like 1024x768 or even 1280x1024 the console race would be an actaul compatition for a pc gfx wise, also in a FPS such as Halo a keyboard/mouse will always own a controler

Tygerwoody said:
I agree with you that Xbox 2 will be revolutionary. The Xbox 1 did NOT have a more powerful graphics "card" then any PC, nor will Xbox 2 have better. Yes i do believe people will be able to run at a higher resolution on the Xbox 2, I mean why not? Our TV's can go higher now, so again why not?

And on the topic of "integrated graphics eliminates bottlenecks" is untrue. Agp and pci xpress both have plenty of bandwidth. If it was true that the Xbox 2 will have a better video "card" then a PC because its "integrated" , then my friend, why do we not integrate "teh L337 Xbox inTeGraTed gRaPhics" into our motherboards? Last I checked our integrated graphics motherboards were pretty crummy. Come to think of it, the absolute BEST integrated graphics solution really isnt that good compared to what we have.... but I bet it can run at 640x480 :D

I have made my point clear enough

So apparently the graphics workstation I use, for modeling 3d parts, .. with integrated graphics solution is not as good as a plug-in card ??? really now common. The current integrated graphics cards (on motherboards) are bad becuase they are all value types. They are not meant to be top of the line ... now I open up my graphics workstation and it is in fact top of the line. A high quality integrated graphics solution will always be better as latency is reduced because it is integrated ... not only this ... but the graphics card does not need its own ram ... it uses system ram, again much faster switching.

And yes XBOX 1 did have a more powerful graphics card then what was available for PC when the XBOX was released. It didn't last long ... but it did. WIth the rumors floating around that the XBOX 2 with have 2 - 3 GPUs ... I think its a safe bet to say the graphics will PWN.

So the next logical argument is .. they cant put something that high tech in a console because of cost. Well they can in fact do this .... because they are not trying to make money on the console .... they make the money on games and licensing. Not to mention the parts would be produced en mass .. and thus lower the cost.

EDIT : Proof (article from PCworld when XBOX was released)

http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,71125,00.asp

Quote : "Take a look at Xbox's specs, and you might think you're shopping for a cheap PC. That's because Xbox is built around a collection of PC parts. A 733-MHz Intel Pentium III CPU acts as the brains of the unit, while a 250-MHz NVidia GPU provides the graphics muscle. Using the newer NVidia chip puts the Xbox's graphics a notch ahead of the GeForce3 chip, which is one of the fastest PC graphics chips available. The system uses 64MB of 200-MHz DDR RAM to hold graphics and game code data."

I personally think that you guys are all idiots for arguing this for 8 pages.

Neither one nor the other will ever gain unless market forces dictate it. Both consoles and PCs have their advantages and disadvantages. Overall the life of a PC will garner it that "better" status because you can add on and upgrade components as necessary to keep it current versus waiting for the latest console to come out and hoping that it will be backward compatible for the games that you have.

In the end really it all depends on how a coder wants his/her game to look as the end result. Look at Halo2 vs. Halo. Not a revolutionary jump but a jump nevertheless...and on 'old' hardware to boot.

I could go on and on about this but the end result will be the same. It all comes down to cost and profit.

bonkrowave said:
For people with an IQ lower than that of mayonnaise .... what he means is that .. with a console you can all sit down on the couch and play a multi-player game on the same TV with the same box and have a good time.

On a PC this is not possible.

9800 pro-> HDTV with DVI (or component plug on the 9800 pro) -> High Stakes -> 2 $10 usb controllers (or keyboard, etc)

Whats not possible again? :rolleyes:

MeanieMan said:
9800 pro-> HDTV with DVI (or component plug on the 9800 pro) -> High Stakes -> 2 $10 usb controllers (or keyboard, etc)

Whats not possible again? :rolleyes:

So for 4 players ... 2 people share 1 controller ?

Common now ... it is obvious that it is much easier to sit down and play 4 way multiplayer action on a console then a Computer. Besides if you do TV out with current cards anything above 640x480 has overscan anyway.

When is the last time you and 3 friends sat down infront of your monitor and played some 4 way multiplayer action ?

ummm how bout NO.

bonkrowave said:

Common now ... it is obvious that it is much easier to sit down and play 4 way multiplayer action on a console then a Computer. Besides if you do TV out with current cards anything above 640x480 has overscan anyway.

When is the last time you and 3 friends sat down infront of your monitor and played some 4 way multiplayer action ?

See you just said multiplayer. When I matched that, you raised the number again. PC isn't the only gaming rig that settles for 2 player applications. And last I checked 2 player was multiplayer. Or are all the other game programmers wrong?

And using a TV with a video card does mean instant overscan above 640x480.

bonkrowave said:
So apparently the graphics workstation I use, for modeling 3d parts, .. with integrated graphics solution is not as good as a plug-in card ??? really now common. The current integrated graphics cards (on motherboards) are bad becuase they are all value types. They are not meant to be top of the line ... now I open up my graphics workstation and it is in fact top of the line. A high quality integrated graphics solution will always be better as latency is reduced because it is integrated ... not only this ... but the graphics card does not need its own ram ... it uses system ram, again much faster switching.

And yes XBOX 1 did have a more powerful graphics card then what was available for PC when the XBOX was released. It didn't last long ... but it did. WIth the rumors floating around that the XBOX 2 with have 2 - 3 GPUs ... I think its a safe bet to say the graphics will PWN.

So the next logical argument is .. they cant put something that high tech in a console because of cost. Well they can in fact do this .... because they are not trying to make money on the console .... they make the money on games and licensing. Not to mention the parts would be produced en mass .. and thus lower the cost.

EDIT : Proof (article from PCworld when XBOX was released)

http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,71125,00.asp

Quote : "Take a look at Xbox's specs, and you might think you're shopping for a cheap PC. That's because Xbox is built around a collection of PC parts. A 733-MHz Intel Pentium III CPU acts as the brains of the unit, while a 250-MHz NVidia GPU provides the graphics muscle. Using the newer NVidia chip puts the Xbox's graphics a notch ahead of the GeForce3 chip, which is one of the fastest PC graphics chips available. The system uses 64MB of 200-MHz DDR RAM to hold graphics and game code data."

Actually i believe i was the one who first pointed out that they make money on the games, i knew that. Heck everyone knows that.

And on the topic of your "teh L337" integrated graphics you have for 3d modeling. I work in an architecture firm. Litterally 100's of computers here do 3d modeling, and I have to admit alot of them do use integrated graphics. Why? because its cheaper, and it gets the job done. But, for big projects, we use the machines with the Nvidia Quadro 4's. The difference is night and day. But that is no big surprize as of to why. They use "value" integrated video cards before as you called them. So for the company i work for in IT, I believe you should tell me what "top of the line" integrated graphics motherboard you have. I really want to know. Maybe our company can use this "teh l337" integrated graphic solution. Please by all means post up what motherboard your computer uses so that we may look up your graphic solution to find out just how powerful your value... err i mean... L337 integrated graphics are. Please i want to know, I believe you :rolleyes:

also amen to Wolf. I can't even believe i even posted here. I got so tired of seeing the arguements of "Xbox is better!, PC is better!" . I believe people need to know the truth of what the topic is actually about. Its about which hardware is more powerful. It ended up turning into the thread about "my integrated gRaFix are Teh 1337!"

Wolf-R1 said:
Both consoles and PCs have their advantages and disadvantages. Overall the life of a PC will garner it that "better" status because you can add on and upgrade components as necessary to keep it current...I could go on and on about this but the end result will be the same. It all comes down to cost and profit.

I totally agree with this guy. After all the crap that's been happening on this thread (me involved too) and after being a strict console gamer for a while (console gamer turned PC enthusiast/console gamer) I realize that each has it's own. Consoles have their place in the world, PC's have their place in the world. The general console gamer doesn't go to buy his next system thinking "Oh man, I wonder if this is better than the most recent PC video card?!" They think more along the lines of "YES I JUST GOT MY NEXT GENERATION CONSOLE!! OH MY GOD!!!" and competition wise they think "Is this the best
console? Is it more powerful than PS3?" You won't hear console gamers (not many anyways) arguing that their console is better than a PC, you will hear them arguing about it being better than the opposing console. And by them I mean any console gamer, myself included, of course, because, unless it's thrown at me (like here in this thread along the lines) a PC won't even come to mind when talking about "my console" To each his own.

Tygerwoody said:
Actually i believe i was the one who first pointed out that they make money on the games, i knew that. Heck everyone knows that.

And on the topic of your "teh L337" integrated graphics you have for 3d modeling. I work in an architecture firm. Litterally 100's of computers here do 3d modeling, and I have to admit alot of them do use integrated graphics. Why? because its cheaper, and it gets the job done. But, for big projects, we use the machines with the Nvidia Quadro 4's. The difference is night and day. But that is no big surprize as of to why. They use "value" integrated video cards before as you called them. So for the company i work for in IT, I believe you should tell me what "top of the line" integrated graphics motherboard you have. I really want to know. Maybe our company can use this "teh l337" integrated graphic solution. Please by all means post up what motherboard your computer uses so that we may look up your graphic solution to find out just how powerful your value... err i mean... L337 integrated graphics are. Please i want to know, I believe you :rolleyes:

also amen to Wolf. I can't even believe i even posted here. I got so tired of seeing the arguements of "Xbox is better!, PC is better!" . I believe people need to know the truth of what the topic is actually about. Its about which hardware is more powerful. It ended up turning into the thread about "my integrated gRaFix are Teh 1337!"

Apparently my clear and concise points are finding no sign of intelligence ... this is futile and useless. Just because you believe it ... doesn't mean its true.

I use a graphics workstation which uses an integrated Wildcat graphics solution. So next time check you info and your benchmarks ... Wildcat solutions, anything above 5000 currently outperforms quadro 4 machines. SO next time instead of smartass comments maybe you should check your facts, as Quadro 4 are the cheaper and less powerful solutions. :rolleyes:

And what is with the l33t speak ?

bonkrowave said:

ummm how bout NO.
Plus not many computer games support multiplayer like that! I can't think of really any....I know there are some out there, but when I try to think of a PC game with same-comp multiplayer I get this: :confused:

MeanieMan said:
See you just said multiplayer. When I matched that, you raised the number again. PC isn't the only gaming rig that settles for 2 player applications. And last I checked 2 player was multiplayer. .

How often does only one person come over to play video games? Hell, I have to let people swap out even with four controllers, though at least nowadays you can network consoles together for more players. Hell, my frat brothers used to haul four TVs and Xboxes down to the basement, snag a case of beer, and play 16-player Halo matches in the middle of the week, just to blow off steam.

bonkrowave said:
Apparently my clear and concise points are finding no sign of intelligence ... this is futile and useless. Just because you believe it ... doesn't mean its true.

I use a graphics workstation which uses an integrated Wildcat graphics solution. So next time check you info and your benchmarks ... Wildcat solutions, anything above 5000 currently outperforms quadro 4 machines. SO next time instead of smartass comments maybe you should check your facts, as Quadro 4 are the cheaper and less powerful solutions. :rolleyes:
I know Quadro's are less powerful than Wildcat graphics. I never said they were. Quadro 4's(what we have) are midrange in professional workstations. But, I am very interested in your motherboard, please post what it is. I'm facinated by its integrated Wildcat capabilities.

And please by all means, save face and you don't even have to show you me your integrated graphic motherboard. I know you will look online for an integrated graphic solution to find the best and post it up. That is fine. Just as it was fine that you did a search to find out the wildcat provides some of the highest end workstation cards.

So again, show me the model of your motherboard, or did Wildcat make it custom just for you?

Kevin Lowe said:
How often does only one person come over to play video games? Hell, I have to let people swap out even with four controllers, though at least nowadays you can network consoles together for more players. Hell, my frat brothers used to haul four TVs and Xboxes down to the basement, snag a case of beer, and play 16-player Halo matches in the middle of the week, just to blow off steam.

Exactly ...

Now just imagine doing the same with a PC .... :rolleyes:

Tygerwoody said:
I know Quadro's are less powerful than Wildcat graphics. I never said they were. Quadro 4's(what we have) are midrange in professional workstations. But, I am very interested in your motherboard, please post what it is. I'm facinated by its integrated Wildcat capabilities.

And please by all means, save face and you don't even have to show you me your integrated graphic motherboard. I know you will look online for an integrated graphic solution to find the best and post it up. That is fine. Just as it was fine that you did a search to find out the wildcat provides some of the highest end workstation cards.

So again, show me the model of your motherboard, or did Wildcat make it custom just for you?

Yes I did a search online for common knowledge around the 3D modeling industry. :rolleyes:

Please .... really now ... you are just splitting hairs now .... your argument is already in shambles and know you NEED to know my graphics board ... please.

Get over yourself ... I swear ... architects. Is your name Art Vandelay ?

bonkrowave said:
Yes I did a search online for common knowledge around the 3D modeling industry. :rolleyes:

Please .... really now ... you are just splitting hairs now .... your argument is already in shambles and know you NEED to know my graphics board ... please.

Get over yourself ... I swear ... architects. Is your name Art Vandelay ?

model?

Also, lets pretend i believe you :rolleyes: . There is a reason why Nvida, Ati , Wildcat, etc opt to not focus on integrated graphics. Technology changes all the time. Also while we are pretending, lets pretend a motherboard can handle the heat of a high end video card integrated :rolleyes:

for your benefit, i have to admit, the 6800 and x800 series managed to make it to laptops, as an integrated solution. While being extremely good, still not near as powerful.

Tygerwoody said:

You cannot buy only the motherboard ... you know as well as I do that the Wildcat realism is a very new product line ... only available in workstations ... you cant buy just the board. Hp and ... I think its gateway make these stations.

You can look it up yourself ... you didn't believe me when I told you the graphics solution I used so why should I waste time looking for a link to the workstation when you are not going to believe that anyway.

Jeebus ... do you think I use an ATI 9200 to model for the US military ....

how bout No.

bonkrowave said:
You cannot buy only the motherboard ... you know as well as I do that the Wildcat realism is a very new product line ... only available in workstations ... you cant buy just the board. Hp and ... I think its gateway make these stations.

You can look it up yourself ... you didn't believe me when I told you the graphics solution I used so why should I waste time looking for a link to the workstation when you are not going to believe that anyway.

Jeebus ... do you think I use an ATI 9200 to model for the US military ....

how bout No.

I'm not trying to turn this into an arguement. Wildcats does not do high end integrated solutions. I'm trying to let you know to save you from future embarassment. If you have a wildcat card(which i am not doubting you on if you do), it is plugged into an AGP port and uses the AGP bus, and im sure it has plenty of bandwidth to spare. Latency is not bad in the slightest

please lets drop this arguement. I am done argueing with you. I don't know what point you are trying to make, but we need to take it off the boards. If you want to continue this discussion PM me.

Tygerwoody said:
I'm not trying to turn this into an arguement. Wildcats does not do high end integrated solutions. I'm trying to let you know to save you from future embarassment. If you have a wildcat card(which i am not doubting you on if you do), it is plugged into an AGP port and uses the AGP bus, and im sure it has plenty of bandwidth to spare. Latency is not bad in the slightest

please lets drop this arguement. I am done argueing with you. I don't know what point you are trying to make, but we need to take it off the boards. If you want to continue this discussion PM me.
I like that. Real smooth like. Well done, well handled.

bonkrowave said:
So apparently the graphics workstation I use, for modeling 3d parts, .. with integrated graphics solution is not as good as a plug-in card ??? really now common. The current integrated graphics cards (on motherboards) are bad becuase they are all value types. They are not meant to be top of the line ... now I open up my graphics workstation and it is in fact top of the line. A high quality integrated graphics solution will always be better as latency is reduced because it is integrated ... not only this ... but the graphics card does not need its own ram ... it uses system ram, again much faster switching."

My old emachine has 1337 grahpics too. It's running an athlion 1600+, 128mb ram, and 32mb integrated graphics with a stock mobo from asus. It ran cs 1.5 at 14fps beat that!! LMAO

Integrated is so 1337

ray4389 said:
My old emachine has 1337 grahpics too. It's running an athlion 1600+, 128mb ram, and 32mb integrated graphics with a stock mobo from asus. It ran cs 1.5 at 14fps beat that!! LMAO

Integrated is so 1337

Apparently IQs have taken a sharp drop in recent years. You show an example of a value graphic solution and then determine all other integrated solutions to be the same ....

Ignorance for teh win.

And what is with using L337 speak. If you have any sence at all, you would read my above posts and realize I have not used it anywhere.

I can only assume, such a simple post was only meant to amuse yourself anyway.
But hey for a 15 year old ... your post is about par for your age.

bonkrowave said:
Last I checked using system ram rather than it's own was a bad thing. Since compareing apples to oranges is useless, lets try useing both intragrated vs plug-in of the same card...geforce 2, there's plenty out there showing that the intergrated version was absolute shit compared to the plug-in. Thats real nice you have a good workstation or whatever, but lets see some numbers comparing your graphics to the plug-in varient of the same card. I swear bonkrowave, you just argue cause you like to hear (read) yourself. 99% of your posts are over stuff thats so silly to fight over. Calm down man, no one is here to challenge you.

redhalo said:
Calm down man, no one is here to challenge you.

Im perfectly Calm ... its a message board ... how can you discern my mood through posts ?

Also if no one is here to challenge me why the posts indicating I am a liar ?

bonkrowave said:
Im perfectly Calm ... its a message board ... how can you discern my mood through posts ?

Also if no one is here to challenge me why the posts indicating I am a liar ?
Your right, I can't tell your mood, but you post rather agressively demanding that you must always be right and there is no other way about things. And those calling you a liar are probably just as guilty. I'm just singleing you out casue I see this behavior in proactically every thread I find you in. It seems like you need confrontation and then get upset when you can't change peoples mind. It's a fair assuption to say your getting upset.

redhalo said:
Your right, I can't tell your mood, but you post rather agressively demanding that you must always be right and there is no other way about things. And those calling you a liar are probably just as guilty. I'm just singleing you out casue I see this behavior in proactically every thread I find you in. It seems like you need confrontation and then get upset when you can't change peoples mind. It's a fair assuption to say your getting upset.

It is not wise to make assumptions and generalizations.

Good day.

bonkrowave said:
It is not wise to make assumptions and generalizations.

Good day.
And yet here you are generalizing and assuming about PCs and Xbox2s.

Good Morning.

redhalo said:

Good Morning.

Could you indicate where I have done this ?

I thought I have backed up my points, but if I am ignorant to this please indicate to me where, so I will not make future mistakes.

If you guys want to argue and bicker at each other about each other do it somewhere else, please. There's enough arguing and bitching boing on in this thread already. :eek: :D

20050205.jpg

Wolf-R1 said:
If you guys want to argue and bicker at each other about each other do it somewhere else, please. There's enough arguing and bitching boing on in this thread already. :eek: :D
I was gonna quote all of his generalizations and assumptions, but I'll stand down at your request because I can.

redhalo said:
I was gonna quote all of his generalizations and assumptions, but I'll stand down at your request because I can.

Please feel free to PM them to me .... if there actually are any. :rolleyes:

redhalo said:

Good Morning.

Any generalizations that were made against PC fans have been proven thoroughly by their own posts.

Most of you (Generalization Alert!!!!!) are too stubborn to admit that you can have an excellent gaming experience on a system that launches at 1/10 of what you paid for your gaming beast.

Will it look as good? Nope. Are graphics the end-all factor in whether a game is good or not? Nope.

WickedAngel said:
Any generalizations that were made against PC fans have been proven thoroughly by their own posts.

Most of you (Generalization Alert!!!!!) are too stubborn to admit that you can have an excellent gaming experience on a system that launches at 1/10 of what you paid for your gaming beast.

Will it look as good? Nope. Are graphics the end-all factor in whether a game is good or not? Nope.

Seconded.(except graphic part)

Everyone calls me a console fan boy .... yet they fail to realize they are PC fan boy.

I dont have a problem with either system ... as I will own both. But to argue the XBOX 2 is goign to be crap, most likely out of fear of a console pulling a head (only for a bit), when specs show otherwise .... well .... its not that bright.

And besides with the new XNA tools developed by microsoft ... we will most likely see the majoirty of games for XBOX 2 be available for PC.

Back