2005 Post Your Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's mine after a (little) clean up and rearrangement made today.

computer10ou.jpg

computer29zo.jpg

Give it a couple of hours, and it'll be messy again. (The under desk doesn't count, dammit. :wacko: )

Edit: I'm going to clean up the under-desk soon.

The black TV is a 21" Mitsubishi, Monitor in the middle is a 22" Philips Flatscreen CRT Brilliance 202P4, and the LCD is a Philips 15" 150S4.

I need to get a nVidia/ati/amd posters and flags. :D Put them on the wall behind the monitors.

Next to the computer is the Xbox, PS2, Stereo, and VCR, but that's still in 'development'. I'll take pics when it's looking a bit better.

And if I can get my stereo amplifier to work properly, I'm having 5channel surround sound. : D

Steve said:
well, we have put together a new [H]Console office for doing game/console specific content. I have made three workstations for myself and two editors. Each of the 3 stations has:
I hate you.

DanMattia said:
It shows.

Not like that's a bad thing.

Not a bad thing at all.

I particularly like how your monitor and tv have a wallpaper similar to that of the case's glow. Very nice.
Yeah, I like the glow...very effective! KInd of eerie.

t3mp said:
t3mp said:
From the artist:

Formally the paintings deal with the idea of color, space, texture [surface treatment], linear qualities and the compositional organization. It was created with the non objective, biomorphic or organic shapes instead of geometric. The three paintings is what is called a triptych, which is one painting.

The materials have just as much to do with the painting as the act of painting itself. I utilized hardboard instead of canvas. I used 1x2's to create the frames base. Once assembled, I utilized only acrylic black to white paint creating multiple shades of gray in between, creating a grayscale image. The color is introduced by using sheets of acrylic. These sheets of acrylic represent true, pure color. They are manufactured so they are as exactly as they seem - Blue - Orange - Yellow. In truth I want to continue the series to incorporate many more colors.

The acrylic sheets are bolted to the painting leaving space between the paint and the sheets of color. The compositions are created by negative and positive space from the linear elements and graphic shapes. The contrasts created by the light to dark grayscale radiate from the painting - through the empty space - into the color where the eye of the viewer translates / visual mixes the color in their eye.

The act of visual mixing the painting by the viewer gives the viewer the ability to interact with the painting and however slightly with the artist as well. The painting is an investigation into the core of each color sheet individually instead of many colors on one painting.

If you have any other questions --- please just ask and my husband will give me the post. Thanks.

:D <3 my wife.

See what happens when you ask silly questions?

is there any place to purchase art like this? if not, does your wife have any tips on how to make something like this? i really need something for the walls in here and that has peaked my interest.

T3mp - I really like your desk and setup, but the paintings are great! I expecially love the red one. Very cool indeed.

I finally got the parts to my second build and, well, built it. Very nice computer along with a 19" LCD.

dscf00022zw.jpg

dscf00034dh.jpg

dscf00063ot.jpg

dscf00053np.jpg

A64 3500+
XFX 7800GT
2GB GEiL RAM PC 3200

(Sorry for the crappy cam... a new one is on my list.)

DR_K13 said:
Not Mine...... But DAMN!!!

You would think that with all that hardware, they would get a cooler radio.
But that's just me...

What is that place?

updated pic of my workstation...

currentstation.jpg

ignore the ugly brick walls.... old on-campus apartment buildings from the 50's...

anasazi said:
is there any place to purchase art like this? if not, does your wife have any tips on how to make something like this? i really need something for the walls in here and that has peaked my interest.

I'd rather not speak for her or play middle man, so here is a link to her lil MSN blog

http://spaces.msn.com/members/artistry/

Although it looks like MSN is having issues right now (What a surprise! :eek: ) She said she would add her GMail to the personal info.

img01376tq.jpg

my good old setup, i spend alot of time in that corner first post btw been reading here for a while though.

yea, you just have to compare the 2405 and 2005 pics at dell's site. the 2405 has like 6 little buttons on the bottom in addition to the standard buttons. while the 2005 only has the main buttons.

fallguy said:

all decent gaming equipment, and i have to say i love the external floppy, i have one as well for my computer science class, because why in god's name would i want one of those antiquated peices of crap in my rig :D . Is that the Lian Li v1000 or v2000 series? Looks like a v1000 from the height but i can't be certain from the picture. And one other question, does that keyboard's LCD really make much of a difference? I mean do you really use it enough to justify it's existence on the keyboard? I just can't imagine what you would want to be looking at your keyboard for, when every nerve in my body has taught me to not look, considering it makes you look like a bafoon who can't type, and it obviously just takes your sight away from the screen, which has more vital info about the game than a few lines of text on a mini LCD.

hardware_002.jpg

hardware_003.jpg

hardware_004.jpg

hardware_005.jpg

hardware_006.jpg

it gets stuff done :)

dont mention cable management im workin on it :p

and that is castle greyskull in the background waiting to be modded

myworkstation7fq.jpg

just a winnie 939 3000+ .. evga 6600 gt.. 1 gig corsair RAM ... 2-2-2-5 timings. Mainly CAD , 3D modeling work. the Lcd monitor is the Viewsonic VP930b. I think i need more fans for the case. It gets kinda hot.lol enjoy

Crazystick said:
myworkstation7fq.jpg

just a winnie 939 3000+ .. evga 6600 gt.. 1 gig corsair RAM ... 2-2-2-5 timings. Mainly CAD , 3D modeling work. the Lcd monitor is the Viewsonic VP930b. I think i need more fans for the case. It gets kinda hot.lol enjoy

Got enough routers there?!?!

TSS Modder said:
^^^ link to background? :) thanks

http://www.vladstudio.com/wallpapers/

TSS Modder said:
pretty sure its the Dell 2005FPW

Dell 2405FPW.

board2death986 said:
Is that the Lian Li v1000 or v2000 series? Looks like a v1000 from the height but i can't be certain from the picture. And one other question, does that keyboard's LCD really make much of a difference? I mean do you really use it enough to justify it's existence on the keyboard? I just can't imagine what you would want to be looking at your keyboard for, when every nerve in my body has taught me to not look, considering it makes you look like a bafoon who can't type, and it obviously just takes your sight away from the screen, which has more vital info about the game than a few lines of text on a mini LCD.

V2000. I do like the LCD, but dont use it too much just yet. It works with fraps, which is nice. I can have it on the LCD, and not on my screen with the big yellow letters. It also displays a graphical fps output. The main reason I got it though, was for system temps, for the CPU, chipset, video cards, etc. There are out there already, with more to come.

Some updated pictures with a better camera then my cellphone ...

click on image for larger picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back