2005 Post Your Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
very nice workstation, i like the all black/silver theme it has going.

only thing i am a little worried about is that squiggly stain on the carpet, didn't quite make it to the bathroom during one of those late night frag sessions did you?

Haha I just noticed that too!

Uh, 3 kids, and 3 cats, someone did it.
:D
Now I wonder what it is....

I picked the desks to match my Lian Li case! Same paint job sorta thing....

FullMetal said:
Well this is it now:

[G]http://fullmetalhardware.com/archives/danNew.jpg[/IMG]

As compaired to this:

[]http://fullmetalhardware.com/archives/fmchaos.jpg[/IMG]

I don't have the awesome big desk for doing work anymore. Well not at home anyway. I am moving it to my friends LAN place (store), back room, so I can use it there.

holy **** how many ******** computers you need ??

Dudeyourlame said:
holy **** how many ******** computers you need ??
Can you have too many?

I have 5 desktops and one server in the works = 6
I also have 3 laptops.
Total for now = 9 computers.

We (wife and kids) all game, and I host games alot, and...hell I built them....this is what I spend my money on, building computers....

I can see why California has problems with power consumptions.

Just a quick question: Are they always on 24/7?

a ronin said:

LOTS of peoples' computers stay on 24/7....and turning it on and turning it off is the most power consuming part of owning a computer.

a ronin said:

No.

We do other things besides play online.

Actually, 1 server is always up.

I'm noticing a trend of immaturity occuring in this thread in regards to content in some peoples images. Can't someone have a stain on their carpet without hearing someone lewdly suggest what it is, or have lotion next to their bed without a rife of "oh look he masturbates lol" comments? Seriously, these things have other explanations and uses than sexual or lack of bladder control. I have severely dry skin on my hands (which is actually a medical condition), so I need to moisturize them often. So, I keep lotion on my nightstand. Come on guys, just act your age. I know a lot of people aren't going to like this post, and frankly I don't care. I just want to get my point across.

corebreach said:
....Come on guys, just act your age....
That's the thing...some of them ARE acting their age...a lot of the folks popping in on the [H] are 13 year olds and some younger...guess it's something we'll have to deal with unless mods erase more useless posts....which is something they NEED to start doing.

lesman said:
LOTS of peoples' computers stay on 24/7....and turning it on and turning it off is the most power consuming part of owning a computer.

LoL ? that can't be meant seriously :rolleyes:

boneca said:
little update (Sin City - Jessica Alba) :D

P1000465.jpg

can you post up your background graphic of jessica alba?

corebreach said:
Very nice, and clean too! You have a good balance of comfort/warmth and high functionality. I have to ask, what's with the paper behind the Snapple bottle and in front of your case?

Thanks! As for the paper, it's there to show size comparison... I just had a snapple bottle handy...

Dudeyourlame said:
i cant stand that case.. i have that same one for my old computer ..what a hunk of crap .. ill stick with lian li, cooler master, or antec after i got that thing

It's a good case for the money, there's much much worse budget cases... However, I have to agree that the fans and door are mildly annoying. But a case is a case, it's spiff and it glows in the dark :)

DaMiEn said:
hey HekoAridese, I have the same Senns as you, very nice. you setup is really nice and clean.

Maybe you could drill some holes in that desk (under the keyboard and monitor) and route the wires from your keyboard and monitor under the desk then make one under the case and have them come up the back plate to where they need to be.....man that would look tidy....I might just do that myself

Yeah, those wires are getting on my nerves... but the table is pressboard, one nick and it starts falling apart. I need some creative way to get rid of them...

And the Senns are nice! I'm still burning mine in, though.

I'm moving into a new house, and am waiting on it to be built, so for now here is a pic of my setup while I still had my condo. I was thinking of moving to a Jerker or Galant desk by Ikea. I know of one person on here that I've seen with a Galant, and plenty of people with Jerkers, but to be honest, Ii'll hopefully be moving to a dual dell 20" setup to replace my current apple 20" and viewsonic 17" setup, and i'll also be getting a shuttle sn25p rig to replace my current p4 2.6ghz. any of you currently running a similar setup?

6949301_97d37ef62c.jpg

defsquad said:
any of you currently running a similar setup?
Well I have the same desk, at least. It was alright for the money but I wish the sides were 6" deeper in order to accomodate a CRT and a keyboard without rotating the CRT at an odd angle.

mydesksmall.jpg

Well finally I have got off my ass and posted

As I am sitting in the lounge watching tv on the big screen with my laptop while I am sitting by the fire I must say:)

As you can see on my desk:

Laptop hooks up to the docking station witch has a real mouse and keyboard and a 17” CRT flat screen, I don’t use it hooked up like that to often I usually just use the laptop when I’m out of the office
Laptop specs:
P4 1.6 mobile
With 512mb of ram
30 gig hdd
Windows xp pro

Then onto my main system which is hooked upto the twin 21” Trinitrons
Its getting old:
1.2 Tbird
512mb ram
Around 200gigs or space (need to upgrade this whole system as it had bugger all room for editing)
And a shitty old 32meg dual screen card
And some high end editing cards and stuff in it
Shes getting old but is a good work horse

And then there is the newest system that turned up the other day as I got it cheep I thought I might set it up for all sorts like games and stuff
Its nothing major just a:
2400+ athlon xp
With 256 or ram (will soon be 1 gig)
And 64 meg vid card
Has a 40 gig hdd (but will soon have a 200 in there)

Next to that is my turn table and mixer, there is another turn table but that’s on loan at the moment I might need to get a new mixer at some point as the one I have at the moment sucks

Some of the random stuff on my desk is as follows:
Cigar cutter (yea I like to pretend that I am an upper class individual)
My skateboard witch makes a good foot rest
My trucker hat and collection of beines in preparation for those cold mornings
some of my past girl friends up on the wall ;)
And my best friend in the world skishana my fav soft toy in the world he looks after my picture books like my new fav called the ultimate garage:)

lesman said:

Not only is it the most power consuming part, it's also MUCH harder on your PSU, sorta like stop-and-go driving, and as we all know, the more wear your PSU gets, the worse your power gets, and the worse your power gets... see where I'm going with this?

yeah, i know i need new speakers, but my other ones crapped out and im stuck with these. :eek:

ill fix the wires soon. :eek:

Tuxy said:

Then onto my main system which is hooked upto the twin 21” Trinitrons
Its getting old:
1.2 Tbird
512mb ram
Around 200gigs or space (need to upgrade this whole system as it had bugger all room for editing)
And a shitty old 32meg dual screen card
And some high end editing cards and stuff in it
Shes getting old but is a good work horse
[/QUOTE]

if it is dual trinitron, why would there be 2 keyboard on those 2 dell? In fact, it seems ea. screen has its own corresponding keyboard.

Happy Hopping said:
if it is dual trinitron, why would there be 2 keyboard on those 2 dell? In fact, it seems ea. screen has its own corresponding keyboard.

well the Dells are trinatron tubes and trinatrons have imput switches so you can hook up 2 computers to eatch screen

so i have both screens as my dual screen and i can flick one of them onto my other computer if needed

cheers

after looking at all these, i have to upgrade my room a bit :)

can anyone suggest a good desk set, bedsidetablething, bed to all match :)

ClayDo said:

you would be suprised how easy it is to biuld your own desk eh

mine looks lame as i did it quick to fit :)

ClayDo said:

These are the desks I got:
http://www.staples.com/Catalog/Browse/skuset.asp?PageType=2&SkuSetID=1001586&bcFlag=True&bcSCatId=2&bcSCatName=Furniture&bcCatId=98&bcCatName=Computer+Desks&bcClassId=70303&bcClassName=Computer+Desks

Staples, Z-line desks. The L shaped desk I used as two desks by not adding the round thing that connects them. BEST Thing was they were easy to assemble! Glass and black metal easy enough to match to other products, the rest of my down stairs is furniture from Walmart, black wood and glass. I think it looks great......

More pics on the last page.

dannew2.jpg

Eeeeewwwww... I hate glass.... I had a glass type desk and I was cleaning it with windex everyday because of finger prints and snot balls...

Extreme-Killa said:
Eeeeewwwww... I hate glass.... I had a glass type desk and I was cleaning it with windex everyday because of finger prints and snot balls...
And I am kidding with you.....
.......those who bath more often do not have to clean glass much. :p

Honestly, I have had these desks for about 2 weeks? now, and I ran a cloth over them a few times. I am real picky about dust and such so it would not matter the material of the desk...I wipe them (desks and PC's) down every few days. NO snot balls here......

I liked the desk so much since it matched my computers so well. Otherwise I would not have thought of getting glass either......

But I like 'em.

I am a freak-I dust the entire setup up to 3 times a day....hopefully my stuff will last like....I dunno...forever maybe! :p

lesman said:
I am a freak-I dust the entire setup up to 3 times a day....hopefully my stuff will last like....I dunno...forever maybe! :p
if you dust 3 times a week AND underclock AND use vapor cooling AND watercool every chip on your mobo, your comp could last FOREVER!!! w00t

theshadow27 said:
if you dust 3 times a week AND underclock AND use vapor cooling AND watercool every chip on your mobo, your comp could last FOREVER!!! w00t

Nah, you need passive cooling because it could never break down/fall apart. ;) [/offtopic]

OK, I’ve posted my workstation before. This time, I tried to go with a more wood theme to match my wooden door I’m using as a desk. Now, the file cabinet in laminated with some wood sheeting I picked up at me local dollar store. I used the same roll on part of my case.

by the way, that chair has been redone with that material. I seem to go with this color often. I also enjoy lamp type lighting to create that "at home" feeling.

What'd ya think?

I'm been watching the posts here a while and finally have something I think is worth showing. Just so you know...this is still a work in progress. I'm building the desk myself, and I'm not done yet. Gotta build some drawers and stuff. Once I get the desk and the cabinet next to it done a lot of the crap on the desk will be much better organized.

Workstation-20050511-thumb.jpg

Bigger image

Computers and other gear in the picture:

Shuttle SN85 (highly modded) / AMD64 3200+ / 1GB RAM
Antec Aria / AMD 2800+ 512 MB RAM
Silverstone LM10 (I think) / P4 2.8GHz / 1MB RAM
YY Server cube / P4 2.66 GHz / 1 GB RAM / 2x RAID 5 arrays @ 700 GB total
XBOX
USData HDTV ATSC receiver
Norcent DVD player
Sony Cineza HS-51 LCD projector (throwing a 100" image)
Dell 2001 FP LCD monitor
7" Touchscreen LCD monitor

Suggestions?

-TeedOff

Goat_187 said:
wait... that has to be the biggest mouse pad i ever seen. its a keyboard pad. :eek:
I beleive it's to prevent abrasion and/or skid marks to the desk surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back