2005 Post Your Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
powerade said:
Picture001Large.jpg

White is the new black, so i hear (say) - But excellent choice of case :D
Just imagine a white one with lovely blue LEDs glowing through the side fan grilles...

here is mine. taken with a webcam.
Image006.jpg

Image011.jpg

my Neo4 Plat. is going to RMA tomorow so i have a dell there right now. desk is IKEA Jerker

i love it. my rig runs everything i give it maxed out without any problems... what else can i ask for

Long time reader , new poster. I'm an automotive apprentice by trade , but I do love my computers as well. Anyways here are some pics.
My computer desk area.

My tv area , with my pstwo and prematurely extinct dreamcast (i still love the system).

MrSlacker said:
ok. lesman would you write my question marks for me? plz :p
Sure, here ya go: ?. oh, and one more for next time: ?. eh, what the hell, ?...there's another one. So that means you get 2 more "non question marked" questions....any more than that, don't cry to me for help! LOL :p ;) heh heh heh! Anyways, back on topic.

alvin81 said:
My tv area , with my pstwo and prematurely extinct dreamcast (i still love the system).

The dreamcast was also my favorite system for a long time. Still is a great console system!

Here is my little setup in my house... going to change when I graduate in may. I will have room for my dual monitor setup. But as it stands this is it. and really no cleaning it stays about that messy or a little more
workstation.jpg

I thought I would like the dual monitor setup but video takes such a big hit with games and such. However, this widescreen makes it easier to view to things.

I've been lurking here for about a year now, so it's about time I posted something useful.

Here are some shots of my workspace that I've just taken. The desk is a custom build that I finished about an hour ago :D

desk.jpg

To the right of this we have my other stuff:

right-side.jpg

In the corner is where my server lives, as you can see it's messy!

wires.jpg

My network stuff is all underneath the chest thingy where the laser printer is ;)

network.jpg

-Sam

ANOTHER UPDATE :)

Just done with our new Laminate flooring, and after i put all the stuff back in our living room, i took a few new pictures :)

PDRM1472.jpg

PDRM1477.jpg

PDRM1486.jpg

PDRM1489.jpg

All Lights on
PDRM1483.jpg

Normal operation mode
PDRM1482.jpg

Cabling...
PDRM1478.jpg

Happy Hopping said:
Belkin is now into gaming product, I am surprised. Thanks for the link.
sure thing

shastings: very nice desk! now you just need to work on some cable management :p just use some zip ties on the network cables and power cables and thatll cover most of the mess.

T-Bird_TS: love that new flooring! and excellent job w/ keeping all of those power cables and whatnot under control. thats about one of the cleanest workstations ive seen w/ that many cables. :cool:

T-Bird_TS said:
ANOTHER UPDATE :)

Just done with our new Laminate flooring, and after i put all the stuff back in our living room, i took a few new pictures :)

Finally another setup besides mine which I like. Nice and clean. :) Good job!

Just an idea; You could put those wires into some sort of pipe or something. It would make your room even cleaner. ;)

Highlife said:
New updated pic.....just got my LCD...love it.

dom.JPG

What does that LCD do in res? 1280x1024 or 1600x1200, I have never seen a 19" do 16x12 so I am trying to find one that does because i have a friend that says they do do 16x12 19"ers but i have never seen one and he has never showed me one, thanks

Only LCD i have seen, that will run 16x12 is this. I think he was refering to the size of the photo, not the reso of my screen =)

I run 12x10 right now....its really impressive LCD for the money. It cost me 299+tax. I didnt have to wait for it either. I just drove down to Tiger Direct outlet store in Miami and picked it up. Its VERY nice, alot nicer then i thought it would be. There is alittle ghosting present, but its HARDLY as bad as i thought it would be. I read the 80+ feedback reviews it had on Newegg....and there were only 2-3 people who didnt give it 5 out of 5 stars. Not 1 dead pixel either...

Dam, just a year ago i paid over 230$ for a 19" CRT, now for 70 more, i got a LCD.

Sorry, i didnt even remeber to resize it, hell i just saw that i didnt resize any of my pics, its done now.

Highlife said:
Only LCD i have seen, that will run 16x12 is this. I think he was refering to the size of the photo, not the reso of my screen =)

errr.. that's a 20.1" LCD... it's in the "19 Inch & Up" category :rolleyes:

I got a new desk lastnight! I'll be working on getting a Digital Camera and wire management and post some pics later.. Now if I could just afford some LCD's.

Dell used to have (and maybe they still do) 16" LCD panels on some of their laptops that did 1600x1200. That was a real trip, just because the pixels were so small. So I think the technology exists, but no one is making smaller 1600x1200 panels for desktops because the pixels are impractically small for most people.

corebreach said:
Dell used to have (and maybe they still do) 16" LCD panels on some of their laptops that did 1600x1200. That was a real trip, just because the pixels were so small. So I think the technology exists, but no one is making smaller 1600x1200 panels for desktops because the pixels are impractically small for most people.

Ive worked on a couple of those before.
As soon as i turned them over to the poeple using them, i would get a call asking to make the icons bigger.

Now i like my high res computing, but 1/4 inch icons were getting a little bit on the small size.

they also made some 15" lcd's with a funky 1450x1150 or something res.
Whatever they can get off the glass I guess.

im writing this post from a killer workstation in a campus computer computer lab.
dual 19 inch dell LCD's on DVI connections
P4 3.2 gHz with Ht, 2 gig ram
a HUGE desk that can fit three people comfortably.

i guess this is where my tuition goes to.

this is what im working at:

computers.jpg

ericlikeseatin said:
im writing this post from a killer workstation in a campus computer computer lab.
dual 19 inch dell LCD's on DVI connections
P4 3.2 gHz with Ht, 2 gig ram
a HUGE desk that can fit three people comfortably.

i guess this is where my tuition goes to.

this is what im working at:

computers.jpg

That's pretty sweet.
When i was in school, i was still using 486's. :-P

yeah, creation station sounds pretty cheesey but there are thousands of dollars of software on each machine that are used for video editing, image editing, 3-d modeling, etc. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back