2005 Post Your Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
ballistic said:
Did you spend too much on hardware to afford cases?

I think you need to take some money out of your toast budget and buy a case
hehe, a case would be inconvenient for me. I swap too much hardware, plus it would mean less cooling :D (also I dont wanna take cash outta my toast budget)
 
xCycle said:
@FullMetal

Nice Setups, but..... I am crazy or I see there really a Windows XP 64 Bit Edition?

Yes there is a Windows XP x64 version. I found out about it when I was at the AMD Tech Conf. in Sunnyvale a few months ago.

You can download it on line or order it snail mail. I ordered it snail mail since I had not build my own 64 AMD PC yet. Nice to have it on disk anyways.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bit/evaluation/upgrade.mspx

Go there for more information. Once I get my PC running (few weeks) I am installing it on the PC and then I thought I might start a thread to discuss the bonus / banes of running the software. Stay tuned for more.

Hope that helps.
 
ballistic said:
Did you spend too much on hardware to afford cases?

I think you need to take some money out of your toast budget and buy a case


No no see he ocs so high he can make toast with his rig ;)
 
ballistic said:
I think you need to take some money out of your toast budget and buy a case

I think, just sometimes, certain lines (at certain times...) are just to damn funny to be flamebait. You sir, may have found such a line :D
 
Zxcs said:
From this and this

To this:


Picture%200266.JPG


I love toast =)


were did you get that desk? it looks very roomy...
 
rowbear62468 said:
were did you get that desk? it looks very roomy...
A friend knew an office supply firm (that do desks for large companies), I enquired and they said that they would sell it as a one off. Its actually two parts that I screwed together.
 
hey whenever you get sick of eating toast and feel like getting rid of that toaster, I have no problem finding a home for it :D. I'll take care of it like the devil was chasin' you ... RUNNIN ALL THE TIME :D
 
mohammedtaha said:
hey whenever you get sick of eating toast and feel like getting rid of that toaster, I have no problem finding a home for it :D. I'll take care of it like the devil was chasin' you ... RUNNIN ALL THE TIME :D
Toast is too damn tasty to give up. Its also one of the 3 things I can cook, along with eggs and sandwiches (that counts as cooking right??)
 
Zxcs said:
Toast is too damn tasty to give up. Its also one of the 3 things I can cook, along with eggs and sandwiches (that counts as cooking right??)

hey, if you like pizza and you can dial a phone...then you have a fourth thing you can cook
:p
 
^ Never thought of it that way....
I guess I'm actually a master chef and I didnt realise, I can microwave 100s of things!
 
Toast budget! I love it! He doesn't need a case, I'll bet you money that that system's not going anywhere anytime soon.
 
FullMetal said:
Yes there is a Windows XP x64 version. I found out about it when I was at the AMD Tech Conf. in Sunnyvale a few months ago.

You can download it on line or order it snail mail. I ordered it snail mail since I had not build my own 64 AMD PC yet. Nice to have it on disk anyways.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bit/evaluation/upgrade.mspx

Go there for more information. Once I get my PC running (few weeks) I am installing it on the PC and then I thought I might start a thread to discuss the bonus / banes of running the software. Stay tuned for more.

Hope that helps.

I thought that would be a full bought version and I missed something :)
And thanks for the link I will download it, its nice to have a 64bit Windows Version yet ;)

greetings
xcycle
 
It's free! If you get it up and running let me know. Like I said I have a few weeks before the rest of my parts arrive and I install x64.
 
the sound quality is awesome, many times better than my z-560s, the sound is very clear and the bass response is really good for a 2.0 setup.

i love it :)
 
I ran out of room for my studio monitors when I got my 2405FPW.. so I improvised and found out that crt monitor stands work great for speaker stands! Just an idea for anyone that ran into the same problem as me.

I picked up the stands shipped for 14.99 each + $10 shipping for both.. and they can hold up to 80lbs. It sure allows for a efficient use of space..


before:
http://www.thunderpimp.com/pcpics/terratec.html

after:
http://www.thunderpimp.com/2405fpw/index.html

DSC00406.jpg

DSC00426.jpg

DSC00409.jpg

DSC00414.jpg

DSC00430.jpg

DSC00446.jpg
after the wire cleanup!
DSC00415.jpg

DSC00362.jpg

DSC00408.jpg


here's the before picture

DSC00345.jpg
 
JR_Rider said:
if you could clean up the wires behind the desk it would be near perfect
ha, yea, amen about those wires.... thats wat i thought when i say the pics... 'great speaker and monitor setup, but im not likin the wires too much....' :p :rolleyes:
 
Yeah, I like that 2405 and the way those speakers are mounted...

I also like the shelf packed with A/V junk. :)
 
Or just get some zip-ties and get the cords to run down on the support beams of the desk.
 
magnetik, what desk is that? Looks kind of like a Jerker from Ikea...but I don't think it is. Thanks.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top