2005 Post Your Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
New windows for my Praetorian, which meant I had to move my case to the right as you can see in the pics.

(resized)

dsc001139di.jpg

dsc001323rd.jpg

dsc001356cy.jpg

(Spent almost 3 hrs cutting this, just so the case would fit in perfectly)

dsc001365gx.jpg

(with flash)

dsc001375kv.jpg

(no flash)

dsc001199gc.jpg

dsc001262rh.jpg

(inside)

Now it looks a little better for the case to be on the right hand side, because if it was on the left, the desk panel thingy would be blocking the window, but then again I'm not having a show for everyone in my room or anything lol.

Now I just need 1 Blue CCFL..

Problem is, is that the wire clutter is more now behind the case.
Oh yea I also cleaned up some wires underneath the desk, I taped most of the wires behind the blackboard under the desk 8)

anyways I'm hoping to get a new desk soon, Iv'e had this desk for atleast 6 years now, and my dad says these types of desk are not popular anymore, so I'm thinking about getting that Ikea "Jerker" desk, but I dont think it will fit here. Or find something at Costco.

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

Zero_Distortion said:
PSiBeR,

Where did you get the desk?

Got it at Costco back like 6 years ago, I forgot the name of it, I doubt they still carry it though.

Z(+)DIAC said:
What kind of speakers are those, how much did you spend, and do they sound good?

they're the Altec Lansing 2100, I got them for about $100 I believe at Costco, and yes they sound great, for a 2.1 setup.

My soundcard is a low budget sound card tho :) might sound better if I had a Audigy 2.

I like the setup. It is nice and clean.

I bought my altec lansings 2100 for around $30 from buy.com. But I can't seem to get you the link.

Sucka said:
Here's my latest. Just got my 22" monitor in there. Makes the 19" look like a baby :p

officespace.jpg

lol, It's funny... If I didn't read your comments, I swear I would have never known that was a 19" and a 22" incher... I thought this was 15" and 17" :eek:

^^^^^^^^^^
Nice clean setup! You might get a better soundstage moving those rear speakers more towards the far left/right corners of your desk, as they're supposed to be as far behind you as the front ones are in front of you! Just fyi :)

Well after looking over all these, I decided to take a picture of mine and post it. Not much to brag about at all.

Before someone asks, yes that is a sony PS1 screen hacked up on the desk. It will be installed into my box shortly, right in the middle of the cover of my Lan Boy case. Just trying to figure out the best way to protect the solder points for the vga connection, don't want anything to short out :p

Desktop.JPG

Up-to-date pics from Finland. :D

Room.jpg

Room%202.jpg

Room%203.jpg

Computer:

Barebone: AOpen XC Cube EX65PE
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 3.0Ghz
Memory: Kingston 2x 512Mb 333MHz
Graphics Card: Club-3D Radeon 9700
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 200Gb SATA
DVD-Burner: Iomega Super 8x USB 2.0
TFT-Display: BenQ FP767 17"
Keyboard: Logitech UltraX Flat
Mouse: Logitech MX1000
Mousepad: IceMat Black
Steering Wheel: Logitech MOMO Racing
Pad: Logitech Compact Controller For Xbox
Microfone: Labtec Desk Mic 534
Operating System: Windows XP Pro Corporate & SP2

Sound:

Amplifier: Pioneer VSX-D512
Speakers: Simex Cinema 5.1

Other:

Cellular Phone: Motorola MPx200 & Kingston 512Mb Secure Digital Elite Pro
DVD/DivX -Player: ProCaster DVD-002
Digital Set Top Box: Finlux DVB-T 510 MHP
VCR: Panasonic NV-SD240
Display: Panasonic 21"

Pictures taken with Sony DSC-W1.

Bonus Pic: The current weather here in Central Finland

BrainTweek said:
This image shack picture should work. Yahoo pictures is kinda flaky.

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

How is that Shark case like? My friend was thinking of getting one, but he got a new PS2 instead, so he will get one later. ThermalTake have quite a few nice cases in their line up recently.

Thanks! Trying to keep it simple.. and wooden. :p

Now that I think of it, I really need a new TV.. That 21" is sucky and way too small.. :(

The only thing that is stopping me is that those widescreen LCD TV's cost way too much here in Finland.. Hopefully they'll get cheaper during this year so I could afford one.

.unreal said:
How is that Shark case like? My friend was thinking of getting one, but he got a new PS2 instead, so he will get one later. ThermalTake have quite a few nice cases in their line up recently.

So far I like the case. You can't tell in the picture but I pulled out the single LED in the front panel and replaced it with a triple LED. He won't be able to get one the same colors as this one though since I anodized the front panels. The fans are pretty quiet, and there is alot of room in the case. It's a good solid case, the only real bitch I have is the sideways hard drive mounts make for a tight fit with the cables against the side panel, but it hasn't caused any problems. I would recommend the case.

Nice, I like your whole setup Tumpeloinen - Clean and comfy!

I have the same mobile phone stand on my desk, too. =P

Neat "freaks".

I don't know how you guys keep your desks so clean and organized!

This is the usual state of my desks...

messyX.jpg

Where did I put my dremel......hmmm.

You have 3 Sli systems :eek:? . At that point Id think you could employ someone to clean your desk for you

FrozenChaos said:
Very nice setup Tumpeloinen, I love the wood theme.

And the pic you took of the weather was beautiful :D
Thanks. And yeah, the weather has been quite nice lately. (Serious offtopic.. :D )

chaokai said:
Nice, I like your whole setup Tumpeloinen - Clean and comfy!

I have the same mobile phone stand on my desk, too. =P
Thank you. That stand is a must have. ;)

Hmmm.. I really love those widescreen Dell's some of you have. Very nice displays indeed. It's a shame they don't sell those here.

Good to see that Dudeyourlame is an anime fan......
nice setup btw.
same with compslckr.

Kaiga said:
Good to see that Dudeyourlame is an anime fan......
nice setup btw.
same with compslckr.

only place i see where you might of got that from is the side of my White monitor has those Newtype stickers on them.. i used to have tons of posters..but i took them down since i moved into a new room and never felt like putting them up

*off topic*
anywho heres what i got for anime and yes i got it all legally of course :rolleyes: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/Dudeyourlame/SS122.jpg :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back