2005 Post Your Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
hehe, my wife is hooked up like that. My kids, well, they'll put their fingers all over it. I can't watch that lol.

yea, a man's workstation is like a personal shrine. Small children and non-computer folk defile that holy place :mad: . Once i get kids im giving them their own rigs, as long as they stay the f**k away from my baby :D . I have nothing against kids and people being ignorant, but touch my computer, boy you could lose a hand.

board2death986 said:
yea, a man's workstation is like a personal shrine. Small children and non-computer folk defile that holy place :mad: . Once i get kids im giving them their own rigs, as long as they stay the f**k away from my baby :D . I have nothing against kids and people being ignorant, but touch my computer, boy you could lose a hand.
sort of like how i am with my pc, only time anyone gets to use my pc is when im supervising them and god help my nephews when they mess with my hardware... the fools just walked over and picked up a bare cpu on one occation, my x-fi on another occation, and he even stepped on my graphics card once, man i freaked out that time :mad:

i dont mind talking to my nephews about what im doing and them watching me, but i dont want them touching my hardware...

i was talking to my nephews about upgrading there computer(450 mhz k6-2) and he had the nerve of saying he doesnt want a crappy cpu when i told him about the celeron M which actualy beats my 4 ghz prescott in performance when overclocked... fool

board2death986 said:

Wow, exactly like me. I couldn't stand sharing a computer with my dad and brother (mom never touched it), so I bought my own. Now if it screws up, I don't need to worry about explaining why.

No one is even allowed within 15 feet of my computer. And it has protection that normal folk can't get by, so even if they do manage to get to it, they can't do much.

ryuji said:
...and he even stepped on my graphics card once, man i freaked out that time :mad:

[Off Topic]
WTF was your graphics card doing on the ground?
[/Off Topic]

This thread is an amazing, long-running thread guys: let's keep it on topic so we can go until the end of the year :)

Hi guys, here's my setup. I just got the speakers a week ago and I think I'm fairly comfortable to say that I don't really "need" anything more :)

Just some quick notes on what you see on my desk:

Shuttle SB81P
Dell 2405FPW 24" LCD
Logitech Z-5500 speakers (hooked up to Shuttle via Direct 6 channel and Coax Digital)
Motorola RAZR Black edition
Motorola HS850 Bluetooth headset
PS2 hooked up to:

- Dell 2405fpw via Monster component cables (video)
- Logitech Z-5500 via Fiber Optic (audio)
Apple 17" Powerbook (hooked up to Dell 2405FPW via vga cable using vga-dvi adapter)
Apple Isight (not visible in pictures)
Logitech Bluetooth MX Duo (hooked up to Apple PB)
Logitech MX Duo (hooked up to Shuttle)
Saitek P3000 wireless controller
Apple Ipod Photo 40gb
Sony PSP with Logitech playgear case/stand
Red Icemat Glass mousepad
Epson 2200 Photo Printer

pic11b.jpg

pic12.jpg

pic01.jpg

pic09.jpg

pic10b.jpg

pic08.jpg

pic06.jpg

pic02.jpg

pic05.jpg

pic07.jpg

pic13.jpg

pic04.jpg

pic03.jpg

Larger pics here:

pic1
pic2
pic3
pic4
pic5
pic6
pic7
pic8
pic9
pic10
pic11
pic12
pic13

dude did u clean that up just for the pic or you really that type A? I wanna have a lan party there and leave all my junk food cans/wrappers all over the desk cus that ultra neat setup freaks me out.

dariuslatamus: Clean setup you have there. And damn, I really like the colors. A bit extreme, but still nice.

Happy Hopping said:
What the make of that yellow sports car?

mclaren f1

darius: great setup. A+ all around man. nice layout, nike ikea desking, i was actually tryin to get a closer look to see what the powerbook was sitting on, wondering if it was an icurve or some such. a buncha folks all use it at my workplace but i dont. my powrbook just plugs right into the other screens and sits low. hmm what else? well i was gonna do the same thing with the ps2 and powerbook plugged to ma dell monitor. then got lazy and kept the ps2 on the tv by ma bed since it doubles as dvd player. but lokely regardless. nice place to hold the dvd/ps2 cases.

and of course, empty tables, neat tables 4tMFw!

now lemme ask you supn: heheh do you cover the blue light on the heatset? the bluetooth headset? or am i the only one who tried to either electrical tape it or cover the bright led of those lights?

as stated...VERY nice darius. It must be a pain keeping all that clean ;o love the red walls too!

anyways, i just cleaned up my case, so i felt in the mood to do some more cleaning.
IMG_0927_8x6.jpg

i dunno how accurate that thermometer is. i have a fan running at full blast (its right behind my monitor near the window), ac on full blast and the window cracked open and it still says its 80+ degrees :( and after cleaning all my cables up, i realized that i should have cleaned up that milk i spilled about 2 months ago when it happened :p (you can kinda see it by the right speaker) ahhhh dorm life :rolleyes:

el rolio,

You are correct. The powerbook is sitting on an icurve...nearly impossible to see from the photos but I guess that's the point. :)

Yep, that yellow/orangish car is the Mclaren F1 GTR. I'm a huge fan of cars, and especially the Mclaren. I have a lot of toys and books on it so I know practically everything about the car. Just wish I can drive it in my lifetime one time :)

For the headset..to be honest, I don't really use it much, so the blue light doesn't bug me. I usually only use it when I'm in the car on the drive to and from work. You won't catch me dead wearing that at night or casually walking in the mall or something...I KNOW "geek" when I see it.

To answer whether or not I cleaned up my desk prior to the shots...I'd have to say not really. The most I would have on my desk would be a cup of coffee or an issue of Maxim. It's usually this clean..but I did wipe off the dust off it because it is very visible when you have a lot of black things :) I'm a graphic designer, and like most graphic designers I know, we all strive for perfection..so I justify the look of my room to that.

Oh and ya, I guess you can say I like red. I drive a red car as well..a Mazda 3 GT :)

dariuslatamus said:
To answer whether or not I cleaned up my desk prior to the shots...I'd have to say not really. The most I would have on my desk would be a cup of coffee or an issue of Maxim. It's usually this clean..but I did wipe off the dust off it because it is very visible when you have a lot of black things :) I'm a graphic designer, and like most graphic designers I know, we all strive for perfection..so I justify the look of my room to that.

ha, yes, you should see the other young designers at my office, the neatest desks ever. but you know we all line up everythign perpendicular and our desks by default have to have a lotta surface area. yea man im a production designer in the twin cities. hahah and i love cars but one my desk i have a audi r8 model + have a maclaren mp4-20 (f1 car) on its way and my powerbook background is ALWAYS the db9 or hte dbr9... and if i can find a hi res pic, the.... wait for it.... DBRS9 hahah

anyhoo again, nice setup man. i always wanted a headset for the car trips too, but then i figure, its only a matter of time before my car radio can be bluetooth enabled then its moot.

el rolio said:
ha, yes, you should see the other young designers at my office, the neatest desks ever. but you know we all line up everythign perpendicular and our desks by default have to have a lotta surface area. yea man im a production designer in the twin cities. hahah and i love cars but one my desk i have a audi r8 model + have a maclaren mp4-20 (f1 car) on its way and my powerbook background is ALWAYS the db9 or hte dbr9... and if i can find a hi res pic, the.... wait for it.... DBRS9 hahah

anyhoo again, nice setup man. i always wanted a headset for the car trips too, but then i figure, its only a matter of time before my car radio can be bluetooth enabled then its moot.

Thanks dude, appreciate it. If you're looking for high res shots of the DB9/DBR9, try www.seriouswheels.com. They have some shots in 1920x1440...i'd assume that would qualify as high res :) Also checkout www.desktopmachine.com or www.dieselstation.com for nice shots 1600x1200+.

- Darius

dariuslatamus said:
PS2 hooked up to:
- Dell 2405fpw via Monster component cables (video)
- Logitech Z-5500 via Fiber Optic (audio)

hey im trying to do the exact same the only way I found to do it was with a tv card and rf converter, the problem with this is that the quality is is far beyond fair. Could do with some links I really wanna have my PS2 hooked up to my new rig when its done :)

i live a dirty life cleansed only by the blood of Jesus hence the dust :p plus i have a 100lb rottweiler that lives in my room as well.

I just got the z5500's for the computer on the right that isn't done yet, and temporarily wired them up to the dell on the left

IMG_0680.JPG

To see how my desktop has changed... my 2004 thread post

I just took this a little while ago with my trusty old (and dirty) Fuji Finepix 2600Zoom :

desktop.2005.11.20.jpg

Compy -
Shuttle XPC SB65G2
P4 2.53 @ 2.82 GHZ
1GB Corsair PC3200
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro
Western Digital PATA SE 80gb
Western Digital PATA SE 120gb
NEC ND-3520A
AverTV Studio card

Peripherals -
Dell 1704FP and 2001FP
Logitech Z560 speakers
Logitech 'Comfort Duo' wireless keyboard
Logitech MX700 wireless meese
Lexar 256mb JumpDrive (2 years of abuse and still ticking)
Western Digital PATA SE 120gb in 'Metal Gear' external usb 2.0 case (painted black to match case better) for backups.
Treo 650

Thats kinda it... I've been 'downsizing' everything I have to make things more simple... I ditched one of the Chenbro .NET cases I had before(using guts in shuttle) and crammed the other(file server) with fans, then stuffed it in a closet in one of our back rooms. The wife is happier at the cleaner appearance and the noise reduction. Now if I could only talk her into allowing some upgrades.... :p

Jr3ID said:
i live a dirty life cleansed only by the blood of Jesus hence the dust :p plus i have a 100lb rottweiler that lives in my room as well.

lol

All that dust would drive me crazy.

BrettG said:
To see how my desktop has changed... my 2004 thread post

I just took this a little while ago with my trusty old (and dirty) Fuji Finepix 2600Zoom :

http://webpages.charter.net/brettg/desktop.2005.11.20.jpg

Compy -
Shuttle XPC SB65G2
P4 2.53 @ 2.82 GHZ
1GB Corsair PC3200
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro
Western Digital PATA SE 80gb
Western Digital PATA SE 120gb
NEC ND-3520A
AverTV Studio card

Peripherals -
Dell 1704FP and 2001FP
Logitech Z560 speakers
Logitech 'Comfort Duo' wireless keyboard
Logitech MX700 wireless meese
Lexar 256mb JumpDrive (2 years of abuse and still ticking)
Western Digital PATA SE 120gb in 'Metal Gear' external usb 2.0 case (painted black to match case better) for backups.
Treo 650

Thats kinda it... I've been 'downsizing' everything I have to make things more simple... I ditched one of the Chenbro .NET cases I had before(using guts in shuttle) and crammed the other(file server) with fans, then stuffed it in a closet in one of our back rooms. The wife is happier at the cleaner appearance and the noise reduction. Now if I could only talk her into allowing some upgrades.... :p

LOL you have my workstation on your monitor haha

The front desk isn't bent, it's just the way the flash went off i think.

I got them at a place called Organized Living. I'm missing the last piece that turns it into an L shape. The 6' was around 150$ and the 4' was around 100$ i think. Might be a little less. Not really sure on the brand, I got it about two years ago and i can't find any label on it. sorry.

facerip said:
The front desk isn't bent, it's just the way the flash went off i think.

I got them at a place called Organized Living. I'm missing the last piece that turns it into an L shape. The 6' was around 150$ and the 4' was around 100$ i think. Might be a little less. Not really sure on the brand, I got it about two years ago and i can't find any label on it. sorry.

anyone else think that area is amazingly boring?? i mean . .. the desk space is completely underutilized, not much personality to it besides the single photo. Wiring is great, but my god i would die from boredom from sitting at that desk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back