2004 Post Your Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
desk1.jpg

I'd like to thank the cannon photo stitch utility for this dramatic panoramic shot of my desk.

paladin0 said:
Aren’t you giving your comp a little to much potential energy there?

jk looks good

Physics be damned, I'll put my computer as high as I want to. And it makes accessing cables way easy.

Alyosha said:
desk1.jpg

I'd like to thank the cannon photo stitch utility for this dramatic panoramic shot of my desk.
you need a ladder to reach the top of your dvd rack?

ryuji said:
you need a ladder to reach the top of your dvd rack?

There is actually a bunk up there, its just out of the picture. Though the top of the CD rack is just barely in reach.

that is one tall bunk what happends if ur bed just fell down, it would smash your computer

or if you where to fall off? from the looks of it, it looks like a 2 story bunk

B18_Cya said:
that is one tall bunk what happends if ur bed just fell down, it would smash your computer

Yeah, but I like it high so as to give me more head room underneath. But you know those dreams where you're half awake and you trip in the dream and jerk in real life. Sometimes I have those but the dream is that the support post (which the ladder is leaning on) has come out and my bunk is slowly pulling out of the wall and about to fall. In my sleep I'm desprately trying to climb towards the wall to keep from sliding off the edge. And geek that I am, the only thought in my mind besides what's going to happen to me when I fall is, "this is going to destroy my computer". Luckily, two 4 inch screws in every stud should keep that dream from coming true.

I just wasted the better part of the hour catching up on this thread.
I am now feeling lots more inadequate and depressed than I was an hour ago when I "researching" stufffor my 12page report due at 5pm... 10 minutes from now...

But... some of these setups... not just the dual monitors or the multi systems or the hundred dollar chairs or the ghetto computers in cardboard boxes, theyre nice and cool and ready to be imitated and i wish i worked at CTU so I had lots of fancy toys to play with...

I have lots more ideas to imitate and have begun planning my new office arrangement. Not just the four 20inch LCDs, two of which are WS, but also the desk with the lights underneath and the chair with the lights inside and the nice rackmounts with identical cases and lights on it and power the whole room on leds and convert my half dozen pcs to like six stacked shuttle boxes in a grid thing....

I have pics from my dorm room at the end of last year. But they are kind of unsorted and unedited and I prob need to make an acutal page for it.
I'll have to take pics of my current setup..... after I clean up and hide the wires and rig the lotto....

now.. back to this um.. report....

dudewth said:
I like how your background and what you can see through your window matches :p
Yeah that was sort of my goal, glad people are noticing.
Thanks for the comments.

STRESSTEST said:
Man, I spent all that time designing that mouse pad and you're not even using it... :(
Lol, you designed that mouse pad?
I used to use it but right now I am using this mousepad I got from UPS. It is really smooth and my mouse glides over it quite well. Dont worry though, your mousepad will be in the rotation again soon.

Nappo said:
I love my jerker :D

See, if I didn't know anything about Ikea, I would've thought of that as some sort of perverted comment =0þ

Goat kind of has the right idea.

splinter3k said:
Lot's of nice looking set ups on this thread, mine is always a work in progress but I am pretty happy with where it is currently...

My desk, gaming PC
x700desktop.jpg

Another view
x700deskare.jpg

The wife's computer, my old Shuttle SK41g w/XP2000+ and my venerable Ti4200 :D
Shuttle1.jpg

The whole office area, not the best photo, sorry...
theoffice2.jpg

and if you are feeling really wankish, here is my wiring closet of sorts.

Are those IKEA desks? Anyone have a part #?

STRESSTEST said:
Before:

PA052057.jpg

After:
PB032100.jpg

PB032123.jpg

PB032105.jpg

PB032125.jpg

Lit up
PB032107.jpg

PB032108.jpg

PB032109.jpg

PB032110.jpg

PB032111.jpg

PB032112.jpg

With Chairs
PB032114.jpg

Both are Herman Miller chairs

just wondering what do you use under those desks like what type of lights

neons and LOTs of them. search through the work logs area, he posted a link on how he did all the lights and stuff. His work area is pretty popular around here.

Damn you ppl, stresstest, where do you get so much money for all these LCD monitor?? I can't even dream of having this :(

He means that you should use zip-ties for the cables.. jeez, am i really the smartest around here ? :cool:

chronic9 said:
neons and LOTs of them. search through the work logs area, he posted a link on how he did all the lights and stuff. His work area is pretty popular around here.

CCFL's != neon right?

twan said:
He means that you should use zip-ties for the cables.. jeez, am i really the smartest around here ? :cool:
OH lol i just got it...I thought he was talking about my case. I was confused because everything is sleeved/zip tied in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back