2004 Post Your Workstation

Discussion in 'Case Mod Gallery' started by randyc, Jan 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SlasherDNA

SlasherDNA Limp Gawd

splinter, nice! I like eet, and colors of room and desks, comp, are kewl :cool:

Btw, what is the thing in lower right corner of 2nd and last pic?

2. vapb400

vapb400 Gawd

3. SlasherDNA

SlasherDNA Limp Gawd

Oooh. Kinda funky, aineet?

4. splinter3k

splinter3k Guest

Thanks, but honestly I had an easy time of it. The desk is from Ikea and they sell an under desk basket to hide the wires, it's like $10 and really does the trick. And lots of cable ties :D

5. splinter3k

splinter3k Guest

Saitek Gamer's Keyboard, it is outstanding. I touch type and it is really nice for work use and even better for gaming. LINKAGE

6. splinter3k

splinter3k Guest

Yep, he got it, sub from JBL Creature IIs, great sound but annoying placement of controls.

7. splinter3k

splinter3k Guest

Thanks, I am pretty pleased with this set up as well, best it has ever looked.

8. matthew

matthew Gawd

And the desk ?

9. chronic9

chronic9 [H]ardness Supreme

u ran all wires for those PCs under your carpet rite? If i may add my two cents, i would hide that black wire going from your PC to the SUB i think, and the wite wires n the end of your desk, i would either use plastic zip ties to attach to it to the adjacent desk leg, that would prob. tidey it up even more. i cleaned ALL my wires up from under my desk, now its all nice clean. I'll post a pic in a few.

10. Thaddy

Thaddy Limp Gawd

No I don't live on campus, I have a townhouse a few blocks away.

11. Gouda

Gouda Limp Gawd

Hey SDK! I had that same desk a couple years ago! Had my 19 inch and 21 inch sitting on it with 3 computers, 2 hooked up to the 21 inch. My old P2 300 which was my linux that I used for hosting my website using Apache and my P3 850 for my leet gaming LOL! Using my gf's old desk right now until I purchase a new one. Already have it picked up. Will post pics once I get everything setup and clean :).

BTW when I purchased that desk it costs me $250 US! OUCH! But it had tons of desktop space that's why I loved it.

12. velmeran42

velmeran42 n00b

I was just skimming through the page, decided to take a quick snap of my desk (I just cleaned it up 4 or 5 days ago, normally there's actually some clutter).

My desk area (that's a single 3W luxeon star crammed into a $12 lamp from Target lighting up my work area :D )
    [​IMG]

Glam shot of my box (the tubing used to be neater, but my internal reservoir sprung a leak and the external was all I could find in short order locally)
    [​IMG]

I'll take some better shots sometime over winter break when I actually have time to pull out the tri-pod and do some set up (and my girlfriend isn't sleeping so I can turn on all the lights).

13. chronic9

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I tucked that CAT 5 cable that was hanging just now. was to lazy to re-shoot the pic.

14. splinter3k

splinter3k Guest

Got it from Ikea in Pittsburgh but I don't have a clue what the name of it is, I'll see if I can dig up the reciept.

UPDATE: FOUND IT!

15. splinter3k

splinter3k Guest

Nope, the rest of the wires are in a basket that fits up under the rear of the desk, very handy. Yep, I shoult move the wire to the sub and power, one of these days I'll get around to it.

16. chronic9

can you show me what the basket looks like?

17. splinter3k

splinter3k Guest

That I can do, try this link and I did find the name of the deks, it's Galant and I actually found it when Mango over in the SFF forums showed it in a picture.

18. chronic9

iam looking for a good 3 drawer cabinet something in this sense

I need the botoms of each drawer to be sturdy, since i will be keeping my spare PC parts and my model kit spray paints and etc. Can someone hlp me find one?

19. wood

wood Limp Gawd

ahh... how about the linked piece of furniture? Can't really say I'm an Ikea fan, though. They just put up a new store by me (I'm near the Twin Cities) and people acted like it was the freaking second coming or something... I don't get it. Seems to be more of a tourist attraction than anything.

But I digress. I would just go and snoop around Office Max or something until you see something that you like. Or go get that Ikea piece if that's what you want.

20. chronic9

i have something like that from ikea. its older. the bottoms of each drawer r made out of some compressed wood and it sags when there is too much stuff in it. so i need some more durable. i think i will go 2 office max and snoop something nice out and come back on black friday, maybe they will have it on discount.

21. mashie

mashie Mawd Gawd

[​IMG]

From left to right: Workdesk for modding, gaming computer with file server underneath an dfinally the workstation.

22. theNoid

theNoid [H]ardness Supreme

Ahh the trusty DSP-500s... I love mine.

23. STRESSTEST

STRESSTEST 2[H]4U

Oh how stark the bland beige KB and monitor thy haveth, Oh master-mashie :p

24. mashie

mashie Mawd Gawd

Yeah I use them when the GigaWorks S750 is too noisy for the neighbours :D

25. mashie

mashie Mawd Gawd

Well back in the day when I bought the monitor you couldn't get one in black that would do 2048x1536@80Hz... plus the question is, should I make it carbon fibre, meat and armor plate or just plain black to fit the systems around ;)

Considering the monitor most likely will outlive all systems it remain stock, it do after all fit the beige walls :D

26. O'Doyle

O'Doyle Limp Gawd

Mashie, so you are the creator of the Y2k Bug and the Doom 3 box, wow, I'm impressed. I think I saw that Y2K Bug on Pimprig or another site (maybe even a magazine?).

If you were looking for an input, That monitor would look extremely cool Carbon Fiber!

But if you were thinking of keeping it Beige, I could see why, you want it to match your walls as well as your desk.... :p

Seriously though, why not mod your monitor (maybe even the desk to match the monitor? Carbon Fiber desk perhaps? :p ). I mean it would be a shame to have such nice and eye grabbing computers as the ones you have and compliment it with a plain jane beige monitor. You have a real talent for case modding man, put it to good use and have an extreme system. If you could do those with cases, I can only imagine what you can do with your monitor! :eek:

27. chronic9

i know id stick a USB hub into mine, a 8 in 1 card reader, headphone jack, and maybe a few other nifty little things. Seriously, that would b a awesome mod to see

28. Scroatdog

Scroatdog [H]ard|Gawd

Yeah. I'm digging these dual Dell Ultrasharp 1900FP LCD's. Took a while getting used to the dual-monitor setup.

Now..........I can't believe I ever survived without them!!! (insert pathetic comment here :p )

29. mashie

mashie Mawd Gawd

Probably a magazine or www.mashie.org :)
    Well if I mod it with carbon fibre it won't match any future beige computers :p

As I wrote above, since the monitor will outlive the cases it better stay stock or I will have to repaint it every 6 months...

30. STRESSTEST

STRESSTEST 2[H]4U

Yea, it matches the walls.. And you have convinced me it's fine being beige...

Ahem... that keyboard on the other hand.... lol :)

31. TheMostWantedPolishTwin

TheMostWantedPolishTwin [H]ardness Supreme

Nice workstation mashie.. but I still think your monitor would look better black.. :p

32. mashie

mashie Mawd Gawd

Hey don't diss my $5 Keytronic anno 2001 :p

33. jamezzz122

jamezzz122 [H]ardness Supreme

Damn mashie, I am really digging the file server...Small and extremely clean...How muc hwill one of those run if I wanted one?

34. O'Doyle

O'Doyle Limp Gawd

Mashie:

I believe I saw your Y2K Bug on a Modder Magazine of some sort. It was a 150+ page Magazine (if my memory serves me correct).

About your Beige components, since you are a badass modder, it would be believable to say that you just MODDED your monitor, keyboard, walls, and desk that way :D . Carbon Beiger, the new trend "hittin' da' streetz," the new Carbon Fiber. Sounds good? :p

On a different note, the Y2K Bug is Carbon Fiber'd correct, Is it real or stick on? The reason I ask this is because I have an Antec Sonata and would like it to be Carbon Fiber'd out, or maybe accented with Carbon Fiber ( haven't made up my mind yet). I want an All Black theme with matching Black LCD Monitor and of course Keyboard and Mouse (maybe the DiNovo?, if they come out with Carbon Look :) . Thanks for any info. (I wouldn't mind just using Carbon Sticker if it looks good / real.)

Edited: Sorry for butchering your name, I wouldn't want people calling me "O'Doyle" without the "RULES" :D ....... ODOYLE RULES!

35. mashie

mashie Mawd Gawd

It cost me USD1700 / GBP900 in hardware to build.

36. chronic9

what are specs of that server?

37. mashie

mashie Mawd Gawd

The Y2k-bug use real carbon fibre as you can see here, here and here. Carbon fibre guide can be found here.

My nick has no r btw. ;)

38. mashie

mashie Mawd Gawd

Epia M-10000 board, Raidcore BC4852 hardware RAID 5, 5 x WD2000JD SATA drives.

All in all 741GB usable after redundancy and format.

39. s0urce

s0urce n00b

My desk - Pretty simple - Just clean :)

[​IMG]

40. lorcani

lorcani 2[H]4U

They are, until your right channel fails, because the fucking plug is so damn loose. :mad:

They should've done what the other speaker manufacturers do, and have a control pod, and two speakers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.