2004 Post Your Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
chronic9 said:
stress what kind of mouse pads are those?
showthread.php

The blue one is a PCtoys Mousemaxx 100si with some work done to it here

The other is an Everglide Ray which EGGO was right about, I removed the blue and added red LEDs
https://www.gamerzstuff.com/product_info.php?products_id=222&osCsid=2f2cd467752dd161f45aad55af6162d7

stress or eggo can you post a pic or two of that mouse pad that stress removed the blue leds from? I want to buy one.

Stress what connection do you have there, Cable/DSL? Seems like you have some serious servers for just broadband.. but just home routers so I wouldn't imagine anything much past a T1.

On a note to the netgears rebooting, Mine too did this (WGR614 v3) But I simply downgraded the firmware to the latest version on netgear's site (yeah, you read it right.. for some reason it shipped with a version later than what is available on their site) and that fixed it. I haven’t had any problems with its range.

CIMG0335.jpg

P4 2.4 @ 2.7
ASUS P4PE
GeForce 5200 Ultra
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
120 and 200 Seagate
7x 80mm case fans
1x 120mm case fan

The links to the case, ~400k files
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/raralith/images/CIMG0333.jpg
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/raralith/images/CIMG0336.jpg

Everything in case is hand made/drilled except for the bolts and hardware. I didn't know where to find corner cubes until a few weeks later so I had to make those from leftover pieces I dremeled into squares, glued, drilled, than screwed in. 8 port fanbus had to be custom made too so it's loud during the day, and noiseless at night. I made this computer for LANing because the place I occasionally go to (LANManiac) is hot as hell, and the person to the left of me the first time I went there had overheating issues. All the plexiglass fit on 1 piece of $38.42 at homedepot, I had only a few scraps of pieces left!

i3lacKnyte said:
i get into it because i like to see the setups of people who are better organized than i am so i can get ideas to maximize my workspace for greater efficiency. recently i moved and i used pictures from this very thread as a reference for how i set up my apartment.

I wasn't referring to the pic's of setups. I think that's why we're all here.

It was the "I have more shit than you" dicussions that seem to start. All I was saying was STFU and show the pics. All good...

everything in that setup is super nice. EXCEPT that keyboard ...... you have some $$$ logitech speakers and some old MS keyboard :( . Unless that keyboard is your lucky fragfest keyboard, it has to go - my opinion.

draconius said:
This is my setup here at college...
desk-college.jpg

Yeah I noticed that keyboard also... I don't see why you still use it. heh

tree_ said:
Yeah I noticed that keyboard also... I don't see why you still use it. heh
I use the same keyboard I have had it for about 4 years now and the first model 6 years before that for people like myself who have larger hands its priceless
I like function first some like form :)

Why have the cusion when you have the thing on the keyboard?

Do you just have really long fingers? :D

I want dual lcd's :(

and yeah, to respond to above...
I really like the split keyboard, and I haven't really looked around to see if I Can find a wireless version..if any of you recommend something....hey that would be cool.... :D

That's a DELL mousepad he's got there. He must've had a Dell at one point........then did the smart thing and DITCHED it in favor of homebrew like me...... :p

wow. slickfx your setup is sweet. so many systems.

I need a room just dedicated to computer stuff so bad. My room is filling up.

slick has almost exatly what i would have if i could only find a rather large sack of money and or pirates treasure.

Tman said:
also man what do you do??

I work for CTU. I support a rogue agent named Jack Bauer who handles covert missions assigned by president David Palmer :p

iownyou14 said:
What chair is that SLiCkFX???

www.officemax.com search for Item # 20433201. Best $150 bucks I ever spent. I would of paid double for it!

Scroatdog said:
That's a DELL mousepad he's got there. He must've had a Dell at one point........then did the smart thing and DITCHED it in favor of homebrew like me......

Hush, I was hoping no one would notice. :D

[V][AGIC]slick has almost exatly what i would have if i could only find a rather large sack of money and or pirates treasure.

No money necessary. All you need is an addiction/obsession and a complete disregard for credit card companies and you should be good to go. A gun is also handy in case they come knocking at your door. :)

DAMMNNN that's some jaw droppin' ass whoopin' setup...

Well hes got a lot of money that's for sure... Neone interested in robbing his house in the future?? Contact me at 1800 ROB SLICKFX
And yeh I get the chair... you can have the rest.

SLiCkFX said:
No money necessary. All you need is an addiction/obsession and a complete disregard for credit card companies and you should be good to go. A gun is also handy in case they come knocking at your door. :)
SHHH

dont tell everyone :D

LETS VOTE!!!

I say its a tie. Stresstest has his lights & his multi-monitor setups and SlickFX has his SeXy setups and his chair. I want that chair.

Big-ups to both!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back