2004 Post Your Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
they sell it at compusa?!

awesome, i am going to go buy a back up case :) thanks for that important info :)

workstation_above.sized.jpg

Not a good pic, but you get the idea... Nothing special. Got the chair for free out of an Office Max dumpster. :D

actually if you wouldnt have said anything i wouldnt have notice dr.phil was on.

i swear i wasnt watching dr.phil...... i was watting for oprah :p

DrNigel said:
room1.jpg

I like to keep my desk area pretty clean, but that doesn't keep me from finding places to keep all the extra junk parts. :D

room2.jpg

Some of the toys.

Notice my sub (which I built the box for. It's a 12" Adire Shiva, in case you were wondering) and cd deck, they're out of my car at the moment.

You'll also notice that I'm a huge Formula One fan. (MotoGP and WRC too! :D)
room3.jpg

room4.jpg

ahhhh a real race fan!!!!!!!! f-1 is the best

lol , anit it cool when you look at all the pictures and see at least 1000 mx duos
at least i know i got a popular product when i bought mine!

ks_tidal said:
lol , anit it cool when you look at all the pictures and see at least 1000 mx duos
at least i know i got a popular product when i bought mine!

yeah, the mx duo is an awesome product, it seems like every computer enthusiest has one, even the guys on "the screen savers" on techTV

compslckr said:
yeah, the mx duo is an awesome product, it seems like every computer enthusiest has one, even the guys on "the screen savers" on techTV
I think MX Duos are popular because people trying different mice stop when they get there and say "Best I've tried so far, and good enough" and never move on to the Razer products.

I've tried both. A Razer Boomslang on a quality mousepad (Icemat) and with a Mouse Bungee totally pwns an MX Duo in every way.

but the razor isnt cordless lol

my mx700 on my icemat is damn good ive tried a few other too

ks_tidal said:
but the razor isnt cordless lol

my mx700 on my icemat is damn good ive tried a few other too

With a mouse bungee, it's almost as good.

Plus, you aren't lugging around 12 lbs worth of batteries across the mousepad every time you want to move the damn thing.

Cordless will only be interesting to me once they find a way to make those mice weight as little as a non-cordless mouse.

dderidex said:
With a mouse bungee, it's almost as good.

Plus, you aren't lugging around 12 lbs worth of batteries across the mousepad every time you want to move the damn thing.

Cordless will only be interesting to me once they find a way to make those mice weight as little as a non-cordless mouse.
if you are too weak to move 2 double A batteries across a smooth surface you really need to get to the gym more ;)

compslckr said:
if you are too weak to move 2 double A batteries across a smooth surface you really need to get to the gym more ;)
It's not the strength that's the problem, it's the damn repetitive movement stress. With a lighter mouse, that's not a problem. Especially one with the precision of a Razer mouse. Only have to move it an inch to shoot the point all the way across the screen - and that's with no acceleration, it's just got that high an accuracy in movement. 1" on the pad = 2100 pixels of screen movement at maximum precision. Compare that to the 800 pixels per inch resolution of the MX duo mouse. You either have to turn on acceleration, which causes the mouse to skip pixels in a 'best guess' as to where you want the pointer to end up, or live with the lower resolution and have to run the mouse halfway across the pad to move the same number of screen pixels. Neither is an acceptable option to me, so I use the 2100dpi Boomslangs.

Is the new boomslang out? cuz i thought the latest one was only 1000dpi.

also, i dont see the point of wireless, especially for gaming. i usually like to sit in front of the computer while using it. Of course, maybe everyone but me has a 55" monitor, so they use their computer on a couch?

I'm wanting to purchase the MX Duo based on the look of it. But how does it perform in games? How often does it need to be charged if I game about 1-3 hours a night? How long do the batteries last until needing new ones?

wk1.JPG

Yeah, I know it looks like a flea market vomited, but it's really all cool stuff...
From left to right:
A framed Eddie Van Halen guitar pick, a working payphone converted for home use, my P.O.S. desktop case housing my mediocre computer, cheapo 17" monitor, a Pontiac Fiero seat computer chair (working speakers in the headrest), HP laserjet4 I found at a thrift store for $4, and a TRS80 model 3 I found at the same thrift store for $7. Everything works!

I'm wanting to purchase the MX Duo based on the look of it. But how does it perform in games? How often does it need to be charged if I game about 1-3 hours a night? How long do the batteries last until needing new ones?

its pretty sweet for most games but in only age of kings it sucked for me , i never could control the mouse right it was crazy , i dont know it just wouldnt move right , lol hard to explain. other then that little problem its killer, i charge mine only when the little red led starts flashing on the mouse. It will last about 4 days of use with out needing to be changed , most just drop in it the cradle when there done for the day on there pc.ive yet to have it go dead. And as you can tell i hardly ever change my mouse at all.

whats the head of the stormtrooper? and why is it orange?

Sidgoop said:
wk1.JPG

Yeah, I know it looks like a flea market vomited, but it's really all cool stuff...
From left to right:
A framed Eddie Van Halen guitar pick, a working payphone converted for home use, my P.O.S. desktop case housing my mediocre computer, cheapo 17" monitor, a Pontiac Fiero seat computer chair (working speakers in the headrest), HP laserjet4 I found at a thrift store for $4, and a TRS80 model 3 I found at the same thrift store for $7. Everything works!
wtf is everythig on the right wall shelfs? cups? candles? :confused:

dderidex said:
I think MX Duos are popular because people trying different mice stop when they get there and say "Best I've tried so far, and good enough" and never move on to the Razer products.

I've tried both. A Razer Boomslang on a quality mousepad (Icemat) and with a Mouse Bungee totally pwns an MX Duo in every way.

I'll put that razor of yours against my MX1000 anyday :)

apHytHiaTe said:
Is the new boomslang out? cuz i thought the latest one was only 1000dpi.

also, i dont see the point of wireless, especially for gaming. i usually like to sit in front of the computer while using it. Of course, maybe everyone but me has a 55" monitor, so they use their computer on a couch?
wireless are good for game because you dont have to worry about that dang cord getting in the way or getting snaged.

DRJ1014 said:
wireless are good for game because you dont have to worry about that dang cord getting in the way or getting snaged.
That's why I said WITH a mouse bungee. Not any of those crappy cord hangers, or mouse cord clips like some pads have - *mouse bungee*. BIG difference. It's basically two big springs that holds the cord in the air, so there is virtually no resistence to movement that pulls it, in any case - and you usually set it up with enough 'slack' on the mouse cable so that the mouse can run from one end of the pad to the other anyway.

Makes it like you are using a wireless mouse - really does - while not having that excess weight from the batteries to drag around.

I've used both! Really, any kind of wired mouse with a mouse bungee feels *exactly* like using a much lighter version of a 'real' wireless mouse.

Sidgoop said:
http://members.cox.net/briecke37/wk1.JPG

From left to right:
sweet deal on the laser printer :D

system.jpg

It's not in it's best condition right now, but it's a basic shot. I should clean up my desk and my wires, and take a few real shots. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow.

The monitor: 21" of Viewsonic Optiquest heaven. Local mom & pop computer shop had it for around 1 year, unopened box, never sold it. I walked in one day, bought it for $90.
Watercooled SB51G
Stereo is inside the cabinet. Speakers under the desk.

Here's a low res pic of my workstation (and current main computer)

workstation.jpg

Compaq deskpro EN deschutes PII 400mhz
192mb pc-133, 4gb 5400rpm seagate win2kpro and an old 17" micron monitor

It's fast enough to get by with for daily use most of the time.

Here is my 440mhz celeron file server with 160gb storage with 650W apc ups:

celly440fs.jpg

more pics to post later

I don't even know if I should post any pics of my workstation.. it has gotten so messy since my last post of it.... _ _!

Sidgoop said:
From left to right:

I see you have your required assortment of tiki junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back