2004 Post Your Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sharp4600 said:
Heres my mess.
work1.jpg

That a Klipsch SC1 I see there as center channel? Good eye huh? :)
I have that one in my livingroom ent center.

STRESSTEST said:
That a Klipsch SC1 I see there as center channel? Good eye huh? :)
I have that one in my livingroom ent center.
Yup really good eye. ;)
The rest are: (fronts) SF-2, SS-1 (rears) and a KSW12 sub, for a simple 5.1. I just want to get a better reciever for it... Maybe a HD tv too. :D
http://www.klipsch.com/product/product.aspx?cid=25
I just checked there, and it seems I got the perfect setup for them all.
btw I had to mod my desk for the floor standing speakers, it was originally a corner desk. lol
Too bad I got 35% off on them, if they had bookshelfs there, I would've gotten those instead.
Whats your setup like? :cool:

My workstation would blow all of you away. Unfortunately this is my first post and my privleadges are insufficient. If the moderator would let me post images this one time I could share. The only thing I can say about my desk is...Tron. I'm new to the forum but plan to share. :D :D :D

DRJ1014 said:
delete this post from me

misunderstanding
to reply to a PM hit send reply
lol
You starting to get scared in Doom 3?
I think I saw it earlier at lvl 2 intensity. :)
I think I just killed Sarge. :rolleyes:

Sharp4600 said:
to reply to a PM hit send reply
lol
You starting to get scared in Doom 3?
I think I saw it earlier at lvl 2 intensity. :)
I think I just killed Sarge. :rolleyes:
i forgot to update it.... i played it like a week in a row so i didnt get scared but then stoped for a while then got back to playing and it freaked me out. im changing it now

Booms desk is cool, I like it. Speakers suck for placement I think though, and not enough junk on the desk. I dig the lighting. :)

Clutter is the enemy. I've got everything tucked away so you can't see it. As for the speakers, just crank um up and you can hear 'em fine.

Got a 17" flat now and empty beer cans on the right. Will that do for now? Building second comp in the garage. Will post when done.

Sharp4600 said:
Yup really good eye. ;)
The rest are: (fronts) SF-2, SS-1 (rears) and a KSW12 sub, for a simple 5.1. I just want to get a better reciever for it... Maybe a HD tv too. :D
http://www.klipsch.com/product/product.aspx?cid=25
I just checked there, and it seems I got the perfect setup for them all.
btw I had to mod my desk for the floor standing speakers, it was originally a corner desk. lol
Too bad I got 35% off on them, if they had bookshelfs there, I would've gotten those instead.
Whats your setup like? :cool:

My Home theater?

My workstation is on page 33

Boomdaddy said:
My workstation would blow all of you away. Unfortunately this is my first post and my privleadges are insufficient. If the moderator would let me post images this one time I could share. The only thing I can say about my desk is...Tron. I'm new to the forum but plan to share.

The lighting is cool and all boomdaddy, but I'm not blown away. Ergonomically speaking, it looks bad. Hope I'm not stepping on your pride, I'm just saying.

STRESSTEST said:
The lighting is cool and all boomdaddy, but I'm not blown away. Ergonomically speaking, it looks bad. Hope I'm not stepping on your pride, I'm just saying.
Agreed. Speaker placement is horrible for detail and imaging/positioning of sounds. Sure you can turn it up, but its not going to sound good.

The desk also looks too high and the positioning of the monitor is weird. Not to mention for its size it is too far away IMO. You could use an LCD on that desk right behind the keyboard and it'd be better.

DRJ1014 said:
lol hey im only 15 and i have a 2300 dollar comp and a 145 dollar desk and a 70 dollar chair and a 300 dollar bed and 80 dollar speekers and another computer tower around here somwhere not sure where it went though and a partrige in a pair tree .....lol

save your money now thats good advice

EDIT: Bed 840 (300 just frame)
computerpro3 said:
I love braggarts....my turn

Hey Im only 15 too and guess what, I have a $200 desk, $2500 pc (when I bought it) running at 3.9ghz, ram that does 534mhz 2-2-2-5, etc. etc. that absolutley destroys yours, a $50 chair, $380 list speakers, $500 bed, a video card that destroys yours, $500 watercooling setup in the mail, and I worked for most of it.

Don't brag because there is always someone with more than you.

I just turned 16 and I have a $79 Office Max special L-shape desk (which really is very nice despite the sale price). A $500 system when I built it(Athlon XP 2800, 512 DDR, etc..) $100 surround sound speaker system, and misc other things. Not the most expensive but everything in my room is very nice and fits my needs. Best is: I paid for with my own back-breaking-labor-earned cash. Point is, I don't need mommy and daddy to help me out with what I want as they see my technology interest as a "waste of time that will never get you anywhere." Who's *your* financial backer? Mine is me.

pixelbaker said:
I just turned 16 and I have a $79 Office Max special L-shape desk (which really is very nice despite the sale price). A $500 system when I built it(Athlon XP 2800, 512 DDR, etc..) $100 surround sound speaker system, and misc other things. Not the most expensive but everything in my room is very nice and fits my needs. Best is: I paid for with my own back-breaking-labor-earned cash. Point is, I don't need mommy and daddy to help me out with what I want as they see my technology interest as a "waste of time that will never get you anywhere." Who's *your* financial backer? Mine is me.
where did that come from>?<

that post is soooo old. read recent posts

pixelbaker said:
And? I've was 16 once, but my parents understood the value of computers and we had a couple. Now they're a major part of the job field I have interest in. The first computer in my sig is the one they gave me when i went to college, the second computer is the one I built with my hard earned money :rolleyes: last november during my junior year at my university. It's much less toy than it is an important tool for much of the work I do... about the only "fun" part on it is the video card.

Sure, some people will have mommy and daddy buy them $3000 of computer with A64FX and P4EE, but it doesn't matter. Each person gets their computer one way or another and hopefully they have enough horsepower to do the task at hand. But there's no point in bragging about how one gets their money. I could tell you about my co-op this summer and make you jealous, but I won't. Besides, I've gotta work on my paper for publication. blech

man i wish my mom would give me 3000 dollars to buy a computer. i have to buy all my own computer stuff and electronics that i want. :(

im so tidy it hurts :p

ath.jpg

Big un - P4 2.4/abit i865/512 pc3200 DDDR/ti4600
little un - XP2000/asus A7V333/256 pc2700/radeo 8500
laptop - p3 700 compaq 1700/Ati Rage128. Broken.

STRESSTEST said:
damn, no kiddin, @ 100K it should look great...
Optimize with imageready and I suspect you could get that to around 60k without looking too bad.

edit: I'm referring to a full quality original. haha. not that image :p

I didn't realize ergonomics were so important. Or maybe I had aesthetics in mind when making it. I seem to be quite comfortable using it.

Boomdaddy said:
I didn't realize ergonomics were so important. Or maybe I had aesthetics in mind when making it. I seem to be quite comfortable using it.
Well, they are if you don't want to be stiff as a board in 5 years. That and sound quality would be too important to some of us to put our speakers where you did. :)

The first pic is the temperary setup with parents old hp, but the monitor is mine. My comp is on the porch ready to be shipped off and have the mobo replaced. The pic of where my comp will be in my room is here:
Myroomdesk.jpg
Heres where i reside till my comp gets fixed:
familycomp.jpg

IM000655.JPG

The crappiness of my HP c315 makes the colour of the walls seem pretty gross, it's actually quite nice.

I also just ordered my Lian Li PC-V1000b, first component of a new system, hopefully will have those pics up eventually :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back