2004 Post Your Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
deskLCD.jpg

My new 710T

spencers : Where did you get that "skin" thing for your shuttle? it looks pretty sweet, do they make other styles? or did you make it your self?

and only 6% alcohol bah, i need atleast 40. Can u post a link to that vodka backgroud plz. Ummm vodka....

for those of u that like vodka try vodka and mt. dew (regular/code red/live wire). Sorry for the thread crapage...:(

DruSi3r said:
and only 6% alcohol bah, i need atleast 40. Can u post a link to that vodka backgroud plz. Ummm vodka....

for those of u that like vodka try vodka and mt. dew (regular/code red/live wire). Sorry for the thread crapage...:(
havn't tried vodka and mtn dew, but i can say that rum and mountain dew is really good. i prefer parrot bay, but captain morgan is good too.

compslckr said:
spencers : Where did you get that "skin" thing for your shuttle? it looks pretty sweet, do they make other styles? or did you make it your self?
I made it myself. Just took off the front panel, printed out a high resolution pic, cut it out with an x-acto and placed it under there.

badrocket said:
spencers, i would also like that vodka background if possible.
Sure!
Merry xmas

WOW~ Did anyone learn to clean up when they were little?
I think only a few people...
I will submit mine once I get Back to school...
The dual panel job with the Matrix BG... I like your setup, but was made better
when I noticed you were a Thief Fan!!!

STRESSTEST said:
well, for whatever reason I missed this thread entirely. Here's my setup, Im pretty proud if it, so be gentle with the flames :)

Click Me

P4300848.JPG

omg
omg
omg
you have given me reason to build my own desk and such
omg
omg :D

Really nice workstations. I am waiting to get my JERKER from ikea and I will post my set up.

How do you like your 710t...? I just got mine and I am having to get used to it from my
Sony G420 CRT which is going to studio with me. The LCD is staying in my room.

towert7 said:

Jaffrin said:
How do you like your 710t...? I just got mine and I am having to get used to it from my
Sony G420 CRT which is going to studio with me. The LCD is staying in my room.

Yea, it is a litte odd feeling comming from a CRT, in my case a 4 year old lovely Sony Trinitron 19". After many hours of customizing the settings, i finally have it to where i like it best, without much eye strain. The in-game colors are better then my CRT, i notice no ghosting or screen door effect (and im only using analog at the moment). Text is harder to read then my CRT, but im not sure if it will get better with digital DVI-D. Another reason might be because im using this 17" LCD at its native resolution 1280x1024, whereas my 19" with a 18" viewable screen size was at 1280x960. I wish they had the same monitor in a 18 inch ^_^!!!!!!
It has a few dead pixles, but only one noticible one........... but its nothing ill worry about, it does'nt bother me. also, at the very top center, i can see a little back light distortion, but no biggy IMO. Its a keeper (because im going to college in about a month, and i need all the desk space. I got it for 432$US shipped, so im happy. If you want a little more detailed review of my 710T on analog, you can go here http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1026339727&postcount=36

On a side note from a home graphic artist.... its not the best to use for graphic design if color must be Percise. Even looking at it directly in the middle with the monitor tilted 90º to my line of sight, the colors distort a little from bottom to top. ~_~

The only reason i would buy an LCD at the moment, would be space restrictions. I was perfectly happy with my CRT, and would have kept it till it died. And if i needed a new monitor, and size was not a problem, ide save the money and get a good CRT all over again.

~Hope this helps

I Love My Friends 2001FP It Is The Sweetest Thing Ever. Could Be Bigger Though :)

towert7 said:
. Text is harder to read then my CRT, but im not sure if it will get better with digital DVI-D.

Fire up Internet Explorer (you have to use this) Go to Google and search for "Clear Type"

Go to the MS site it gives you and follow the dirrections for turning on and adjusting clear type fonts right on screen interactively. You'll love text then :p

STRESSTEST said:
Fire up Internet Explorer (you have to use this)

I don't know what you ment by "you have to use this"............... Maybe you could explain this in a little more detail.

On a side note, i have fooled around with Microsoft Clear Type on both my CRT and LCD. With the CRT, it was perfect for me without any font minipulation. I think i had it at 96dpi and when using IE6 i had the text size to what i wanted.

On my LCD, i find it helps to turn on clear type, but its still not up to par with my Sony Trinitron 19" CRT monitor from 4 years ago. Im really, really, really hopping digital DVI-D will help. ^_^

~Hope this helps stresstest

STRESSTEST said:
Fire up Internet Explorer (you have to use this) Go to Google and search for "Clear Type"

Go to the MS site it gives you and follow the dirrections for turning on and adjusting clear type fonts right on screen interactively. You'll love text then :p

Link to the MS site.

He's saying that you need IE6 to run the app.

Keith

blackshadow said:
im looking for a new desk my current one is too small... any suggestions? it needs to be big

most desks out there just aren't very spacious... my suggestion is to find a desk you like, and buy 2 and sort of place them together so it looks like one big giant desk :D

blackshadow said:
im looking for a new desk my current one is too small... any suggestions? it needs to be big

What do you mean by big? I think mine is big enough, but there are bigger out there.

To start off, you can always make your own "big" desk, but if you want to stick to pre-made desks, you might want to try a company called O'Sullivan.

I have bought 3 things from them, and for what they make, its EXTREAMLY sturdy as far as im concearned. My dads is a little computer desk, and its set-up in a bad location, but it works. I have a small TV stand by them, and i also have my Computer desk (can be view at http://home.comcast.net/~towert7/pics/comp1.jpg )

As you can see, i have a 20gallon fish tank on the right side, and that thing weighs over 160lbs..... No warping of the fake wood at all. The desk weighs a ton too,

I purchased mine from circuitcity for 200$US, it was the last time they offered a desk at my local circuitcity ~_~.

If you don't plan to spend 1000$+ on a real wood desk, made with lovely red wood imported from who knows where, then i recommend you check them out. http://www.osullivan.com (on a side note, from the very limited selection ive seen, i like O'Sullivan better then BUSH)

Hope this helps

You could do what I did....

Go to your local wal-mart and get one of those foldup tables for like 40$. Its nothing spectacular, but it holds my 3 monitors + many other things with no problem. Probably after I get a new place I'll get another 2 more.

ikeajerker.jpg

i just got an ikea jerker and i have to say this thing is a steal for $89. They were out of the side shelves so i'm not running dual monitors yet. gives me plenty of room for the comp and to do paperwork on the right.

Sailor_Moon, how do you like those Sennheiser headphones? They look fairly comfy. ^_^

Just about any pair of fullsize sennheisers are very comfortable, because they don't rest on your ear, they rest on the side of your head around the ear, with the heavily cushioned headband holding them up.

I've been using HD525 series for years and I can wear them all day long with no issues. Well, if I wear a baseball cap with a little button on top, the headband eventually drills that button into the top of my head, lol. Hmm, they can get sweaty too, if you're in a hot environment.

I do believe that printer is worth more than all of the computers in my basement combined :p

i hook my friend up with a mislabel 214T Samsung (model# might be wrong but its the same one u got) at sams club. He picked it up for 1400.......14 months ago. im such a good friend. now hes got it hooked up to his microscope so patients can watch their own root canals...Ummmm

th3 godfather said:
ikeajerker.jpg

i just got an ikea jerker and i have to say this thing is a steal for $89. They were out of the side shelves so i'm not running dual monitors yet. gives me plenty of room for the comp and to do paperwork on the right.

Where did you get it?

@a ronin: There is a Plexiglas-Window in front of it, first to protect the screen from scratches and second to improve the -well I don´t really know the English expression for it- black value, which means to improve contrast.
I fixed the window with adhesive tape. It doesn´t look very beautiful, but only function is important :)
As I want to get the Apple 30" TFT, I will have to run it without such a window. It is hard to find a scratchproof Plexiglas-Window with this dimensions that is specially designed for TFT use. 55cm was the maximum width.

@towert7: The headphones are very nice. These are Sennheiser HD 590, not the top model but they suite my demands very well. Con: Your environment can hear the sound very well as they have an opened construction, hope you can understand what I mean.

ok, what the hell, took some fresh ones
main888.JPG

main999.JPG

drkmain888.JPG

lbskll888.JPG

gamer888.JPG

wbnch888.JPG

htpc888.JPG

toyz888.JPG

Lanboy has got:
2.8c 800
asus p4c800 deluxe
1gig crucial ddr 400
2x 120gig wd's in vantec docs
dvd & cd burners
etc...
Gamer
Gmax cube
2.4b 533
1gig crucial
wd 120
albatron ti 4200 pro
vantec aeroflow hsf
Lappy
Asus M3N
1.5 M
1gig crucial
60gig 7200 hd
dvd/cdrw
HTPC
gigabyte p4 something or other
P4 1.8a
512 crucial
200 gig wd hd
ati aiw 7500
pci wifi

finally got a bigass office and its full to the brim with this shit :p

why do you need so many routers? why not just get one 4 port router and a big ass switch, like a 32 port or something. that way the router will still distrubute IP addresses and you will have a bunch of ports to use, your stack of linksys power does look pretty impressive though!

I only use the wifi router + booster ;) the hub and one router were free and the firewall router is old before I went wifi...but since I have them, why not stack em'...I'll probably go G and stack even higher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back