2004 Post Your Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little messy, few hints on my desk that I spend more time working IN my computer than I do working ON it.

workstation.jpg

sorry about the crappy pics

DSC00049.JPG

DSC00040.JPG

DSC00047.JPG

thats Monica Bellucci and the one on the right is not a mac, Its suse linux with a small tool bar.. ( I get crap for that all the time) :D
yes that is an Emachines case, with the guts ripped out, I got it for free from work ( some one fryed it :D ) I liked the led power switch so I kept it, put in a new mobo, psu etc etc. I think its funny :D

a ronin said:
Good to know Belgium is exactly 12 hours ahead of the Eastern Time Zone.

Nie setup, btw.
Well yeah, it depends from place to place.. :)

Misfitted_Mecha said:
your setup looks really cool, but what exactly is the touchscreen used for?
Winamp controlled with a finger :p well it can be used for anything. It was very cheap ($125) so i bought. I mostly use it more as a second monitor, or to watch movies on my bed. Work great, although it's a bit too little

Misfitted_Mecha said:
Nice dual monitors, link for background please :)
I think that is a program called ZMatrix . It lets you have the Matrix code run as your wallpaper among other things. Try it out.

found the desk along side the road, so dont dog it :D , its alot better than my last one :) (which is to the right which has the tv on it)

workstation.jpg

i dont heh, i have no other place to put the desk other than the other corner, and if i did that, my bed would cover all 4 of the closet doors. so now im just limited to 2 doors. its only boxes and old stuff on that side so it doesnt matter to me.

yeah, it is zmatrix. the cool thing about zmatrix is it runs all the time, it isn't just a screen saver, so I've got the matrix running all the time, lol.

It also can color its output like your wallpaper, so I grabbed a couple green-matrix-image wallpapers from the matrix website and I get to see them in real time which is very cool if you're in to that stuff.

samsung 191T's. getting a bit long in the tooth, but still nice panels.

what do I use them for? uhhh, pretty much anything I do on a computer that will support dual screens. Most games won't, but just for fun to test out the power of the new videocard, I had itunes virtualization maximized, playing a 128kb stream of internet radio on the right panel, and was playing Far Cry on the left one. That white rectangle in the lower left corner of the left panel is the itunes mini window.

went from:

jerker.jpg

to

desk.JPG

got rid of one monitor for a better sound system.

EDIT: Oops, my left big toe crept into the shot.

^^^^^-------^^^^^
How is that LG panel fairing. I havnt seen to many on here or other places...just wondering though

Behold!! My current temp setup!!!

desk2.jpg

Z3Px said:
^^^^^-------^^^^^
How is that LG panel fairing. I havnt seen to many on here or other places...just wondering though

Behold!! My current temp setup!!!

desk2.jpg

....... Well, at least you have a ratpadz. :p

Long live Counter-Strike!!!!!! :cool:

Yeah, a little embarasing, but its better than just putting my monitor on the ammo case on the right. I think im going to get an Ikea Jerker pretty soon...

compslckr said:
flo, can i see a pic of that chair, it looks cool. is it comfy?
Might just be my opinion, but that chair does'nt look like the most "comfy" chair ever ~_~... sorry FLO.

I have the Nominell (without the arm rests) and I love it. Get yourself something to put your feet on, so they rest flat and your knees rest at 90 degrees and you are all set :D :cool:

not sure if anyone rememebers my posts... i usually have some crazy panaroma view of my rooms... but i havnt had the time to stitch... so this is all i gots...

I AM NORMALLY THE NEATEST FREAK IN THE ENTIRE WORLD... so excuse the following...

this was my apartment last semester towards finals... hmmm... NEW YORK CITY

2004_04_04.jpg

my room now at home for the summer... LONG ISLAND

2004_07_22.jpg

You guys figure out what I have in the pics... haha.. THERE'S ALOT

OMFG you are a right messy pup.

Clean up. I am surprised you haven't got bugs or something.

David

Wait... is that Marshmallow Fluff next to your desk in the 2nd pic? I've seen a lot of weird things in the posts, but that takes the cake. Or marshmallow.

Yeah, it takes the marshmallow.

STRESSTEST said:
well, for whatever reason I missed this thread entirely. Here's my setup, Im pretty proud if it, so be gentle with the flames :)

Click Me

P4300848.JPG
It is just so.... so beautiful. It brings a tear to my eye

Old setup/house/desk/system(circa May 2003):
Workstation%20003%20(Medium).jpg

New setup/house/desk/system(circa July 2004):
Workstation%20006%20(Small).jpg

Keith

dropper said:
New setup/house/desk/system(circa July 2004):
http://www.hc-pc.com/images/computer/Workstation%20006%20(Small).jpg

Thats a very nice desk. What kind is it?

CBR said:
Thats a very nice desk. What kind is it?
It is one from OfficeMax, but I cannot seem to locate it on their site. I will look up the receipt when I get home tonight. All 5 pieces cost about $1000.

Keith

xphantg0d said:
Dropper is that tie fighter lego?
Yes. Got it on sale at Toys R Us a while back. I just wish I would have picked up the X-Wing at the same time.

Keith

dropper said:
It is one from OfficeMax, but I cannot seem to locate it on their site. I will look up the receipt when I get home tonight. All 5 pieces cost about $1000.

Keith

Thats just a bit out of my price range. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back