2004 Post Your Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by TekieB
http://home.ptd.net/~tekieb/desk%20web.jpg

THeres mine

The left and the center monitor are both 17"S off the thermaltake tower in the center:

a64 3000
Chaintech znf3-150
Radeon 7500
80gb Maxtor SATA hdd
512 ocz ram

THe other one is the media box running XP and media engine
800mhz celly
128mb ram
ati mach64vt grahpics
about 6gb of hdd
3 CRTs = lots of heat. :eek:

Originally posted by nurv
What cpu are you running? And do you have any heat issues? Also are those your hds mounted in the top 2 bays?

i am running a barton 2500 with the default 200 watt psu. the warmest i've gotten the inside of the case to register is 37 C (100 F). i have taken the computer to different LANs and have played hours of Generals, Tron 2.0, and Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds with zero problems. for other specs I have 512 PC2700 DDR RAM, 80 gig Seagate 7200 RPM hd, and a 128 meg ATI card. i also have one 80 mm fan for intake, a 52x cdrom, and a floppy....all running with no power issues. in the top bays there is enough space to mount 2 hds but i've only mounted my one 80 giger. the case has detachable 'cages' which makes installing all the components VERY easy. you can read different reviews on the case here ---> http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-190-017&catalog=7&depa=0&section=3

the review by 'relic' is mine.

Originally posted by aaacbada
i am running a barton 2500 with the default 200 watt psu. the warmest i've gotten the inside of the case to register is 37 C (100 F). i have taken the computer to different LANs and have played hours of Generals, Tron 2.0, and Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds with zero problems. for other specs I have 512 PC2700 DDR RAM, 80 gig Seagate 7200 RPM hd, and a 128 meg ATI card. i also have one 80 mm fan for intake, a 52x cdrom, and a floppy....all running with no power issues. in the top bays there is enough space to mount 2 hds but i've only mounted my one 80 giger. the case has detachable 'cages' which makes installing all the components VERY easy. you can read different reviews on the case here ---> http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-190-017&catalog=7&depa=0&section=3

the review by 'relic' is mine.

Is that a slot load cd-rom or is it a tray load. Does the cd fall out when u try to put a cd in does it fall out.

for other specs I have 512 PC2700 DDR RAM, 80 gig Seagate 7200 RPM hd, and a 128 meg ATI card.

I love how aaacbada says "and a 128 meg ati card" ................................ As if that provided us with any amount of information ^_^.

128mb ATI radeon 9200SE ................ or 128mb ATI AIW radeon 9800 pro .....................

Just thought that was funny.

Originally posted by towert7
I love how aaacbada says "and a 128 meg ati card" ................................ As if that provided us with any amount of information ^_^.

128mb ATI radeon 9200SE ................ or 128mb ATI AIW radeon 9800 pro .....................

my guess 9600

the1337.jpg

^.^ good fun place... with a nvidia gf4 ti4600 mounted on the side of the wall :D

yes, that is RO on the screen... a private server though.

pardon me for my ignorance hehe. it is a 128 meg radeon 8500 LE. as for the cdrom drive it is tray loaded. surprisingly the cd does not fall out when i load/unload it.

gfhfgh.jpg

The stiching software didnt work 100% but you get the idea. :)

Workstation1.jpg

Workstation2.jpg

Workstation3.jpg

I've got a couple works-in-progress. The sloppy box on the left is in the process of becoming my file server w/ RAID 5 w/ 4 120's. RAID card and 2 of the 120's are yet to be installed, but i have them ready. But that's my little workstation:D

Originally posted by SB22
http://home.comcast.net/~sam.buckhalter/Workstation1.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://home.comcast.net/~sam.buckhalter/Workstation2.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://home.comcast.net/~sam.buckhalter/Workstation3.jpg[IMG]

I've got a couple works-in-progress. The sloppy box on the left is in the process of becoming my file server w/ RAID 5 w/ 4 120's. RAID card and 2 of the 120's are yet to be installed, but i have them ready. But that's my little workstation:D [/B][/QUOTE] damn man, someone has a little money for toys. thats one of my favorites so far. looks very professional/studio like. and that sub! it is just me or is that thing HUGE?! :eek: :cool:

Originally posted by jwill
damn man, someone has a little money for toys. thats one of my favorites so far. looks very professional/studio like. and that sub! it is just me or is that thing HUGE?! :eek: :cool:

Thank you:cool: Yeah the sub is pretty damn big, it's a 12" and weighs about 100 lbs. It's all for home theater though, but the computer is hooked into it. The TV is to the left of the sub, and to the left of that is another Paradigm bookshelf speaker. In the future, i want to get some tower speakers (Paradigm or B&W probably) and then use the Paradigm bookshelves as my rear surround, but for now, i'm sort of cramped for space to fit full tower speakers:)

LOL just to the right of the Certificate are my 2 Warnings for violation of the Computer Security policies :D

We're moving so I'll be picking up an IKEA Jerker sometime soon, I hope. This desk is nice, but it's a little small and there's no way it's coming apart for the move. How do you like the panty-hose cover on my side window where my fan used to be? It's held down by ducttape btw. Does it get any "ghetto'er" than that? I actually have a Lian Li PC61 sitting here...waiting until we get settled at the new place to transfer into it.
That's a Thermalright SP97 and a 92mm Vantec Tornado on the desk. I have a bunch of new parts for the move into the lili (I can't wait:D)

DSCF0319.JPG
[/IMG]

sb22 is offically "in the money".

that wood (or fake wood) looks very nice, i love red woords with a nice clear coat.

And anyone who can buy new paradigm speakers has money comming out the kazoo (im poor).

Speaking about how poor i am

Just found a new computer on the side of the road... very old, BUT IT WORKS FLAWLESSLY!!!!!!

its a 1992 compaq, but this guy must'a kept it up to date since 97.... currently only 16mb ram, that will soon be 100mb ram i hope.

compaq.JPG

compaq2.JPG

My "real" workstation can be found at http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=716194&perpage=&pagenumber=3

^_^ its pretty darn fast for a P1 33mhz

Originally posted by kill_emma
haha

just fyi, it's not called Pentium I, it's just a plain old Pentium.

Yea, well My Pentium 1 is better then your Pentium.
new_angel.gif

Speaking about how poor i am

Just found a new computer on the side of the road... very old, BUT IT WORKS FLAWLESSLY!!!!!!

its a 1992 compaq, but this guy must'a kept it up to date since 97.... currently only 16mb ram, that will soon be 100mb ram i hope.

lol what a great find lol

jordanroom1.jpg

lights off

jordanroom2.jpg

lights on (i like my second monitor sitting up there:D)

jordanroom3.jpg

another with lights on

jordancase1.jpg

close up of case (and new Incubus album which owns)

there you have it:D

Originally posted by Ubiquity
desk3.jpg

desk4.jpg

Do you play Counterstrike? Was I playing with you earlier tonight? My nick on CS is mango, and I think I saw you in CSE or fragville.

IMPORTANT:

the Athenatech case (http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-190-017&depa=0) i posted that comes stock with a 200 Watt power supply is NOT enough to run a:

Barton 2500+
512 DDR RAM PC2700
80 Gig Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM
52x CDROM
Floppy Drive
60 mm Fan x 2
80 mm Fan x 1
LCD
ATI RADEON 8500 LE 128 Meg Video Card

i had originally stated that the machine was running with these specs faultlessly, however upon further inspection i noticed my processor was only running at 1.1 Gig. I flashed my bios and had the processor running at the full 1.8 Gig when the power supply died. i apologize to any who ended up buying this case thinking they could run the computer with similar specs that i had.

How did u get the backlight on your lcd working? I cant figure mine out. Also when I plug in my hd/power led cables nothing lights up... ideas?

here's those pics you requested. sorry if they are blurry...taken with no flash.

faraway.jpg

I kind of deleted my old workstation photo's :rolleyes: so I figured, take new ones... :). Again, nothing special about it. :( (I just noticed how dirty my blinds are...maybe I should clean them...na ;).

setup01.jpg

setup02.jpg

Velodyne makes a sweet sub. I have a 12" in the living room.

Are you hooking the Velodyne 10" up to your Yamaha system? because theres a very good chance it will overpower that.

Originally posted by emorphien
Velodyne makes a sweet sub. I have a 12" in the living room.

Are you hooking the Velodyne 10" up to your Yamaha system? because theres a very good chance it will overpower that.

They sure indeed! I like them a lot because they don't sound boomy, but actually musical.

For now it'll have it hooked up to my computer set until i move out next yr. It'll have to definately keep the volume knob low to keep sync with my satellites. It'll eventually migrate it out to my future HT setup to do it justice!

1000w RMS sure is gonna be killa' :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back