2004 Post Your Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.

randyc

Best Person
front1.jpg

front2.jpg

underdesk.jpg

Ill post more pics of the whole work area some other time.

note: I replcaed my Ikea desk with an Ikea desk.
I'm now a user of the Jerker

Redoing these pictures---
Answers to posts from the beginning of the thread on old pics:
To G-Bull: I never realized it but I do have alot of Ikea.
My Proview monitor is sitting in a min ikea drawercabinent thing, my closet has two ikea dressers, my desk is an old ikea desk i got from my dads g/f and the rest of the room is painted to look Ikeaish.

OMG! Please tell me those aren't beanie babies in that first picture? I see three monitors in that first pick. What kind of monitors are you using? That green comforter on your bed looks comfortable too! Make and model?

Here is my room...kinda crowded, and not as nice as other people's work areas...although unique in its own way. :)

photos_workspace_dsc03058.jpg

Pic of my workstation & server, and equalizer

photos_workspace_dsc03059.jpg

Pic of my sound system and some trophies and misc stuff.

photos_workspace_dsc03060.jpg

And for all of those who wondered where my monitor was...a pic of my desk.

Small Pic

100_0001%20800.jpg

Big Pics

100_0001.JPG

My Workarea

100_0003.JPG

Workarea at night

100_0005.JPG

Front view at night showing my glowing eyes mod

temporary workstation, desktop mobo is being rma'd
DSCN0069.JPG

yes it is a coffee table and i am ripping cds for my mp3 player

omg heres the dave t workstation pic, i like writing dark depressing poems, and smoking by myself or with friends, i also like jamming wit da guys SK MAENNNNNN!!!

sorry for the 1336 pics

pics.jpg

Originally posted by randyc

normal_DSCN0079_JPG.jpg

i have the same forest green vellux blanket on my bed, vellux kicks ass. i like to wrap my cat in it, then turn off the lights as she climbs out and all you see are blue sparks shooting everywhere from the static electricity. i know, i'm weird for torturing cats and having softness preferences for my bed but it's funny and comfortable.

The domain I was hosting from has expired, the guy who owned it will renew it soon. Will post pics then.

Originally posted by i3lacKnyte
i have the same forest green vellux blanket on my bed, vellux kicks ass. i like to wrap my cat in it, then turn off the lights as she climbs out and all you see are blue sparks shooting everywhere from the static electricity. i know, i'm weird for torturing cats and having softness preferences for my bed but it's funny and comfortable.

As soon as I read that, I went and wrapped my cat up in my vellux blanket and turned out all the lights. I didn't see a single spark. :confused:

probably depends on the fur, i have an american short hair kitty and she works fine. you can even hear little pops too when it happens. hmmm, maybe your cat is broken? sounds like it is time for an RMA :D

worksta1.jpg

This is my mom's dellcomputer, 2.4 ghz P4, dell motherboard, 512 ram, 64meg ti42000 vid card, 17inch lcd, and get this: TWO CDRW, one of them being a DVD/CDRW and one just a CDRW, stupid dell discounts, windows xp home

worksta2.jpg

This is my computer, 15" ViewSonic VA520, 1.7 ghz P4, dell mobom 512 rdramm, NEC dvd drive at 12x, NEC CDRW, 60 gigs, Soundblaster PCI, windows xp home, and Redhat 9
worksta3.jpg
worksta4.jpg

DSL modem is by EWIRE, DSL at 30 bucks per month by SBC
Router is a Siemens Speedstream Broadband wireless router, was giving me problems until I updated the firmware
Mouse is a 4 with scroll button microsoft mouse
2.1 Sound is by Harmon Kardon (a dell deal)
Printer is a old HP

I really hate this setup as its in the middle of the house, noisy, tvs always on, family is talking/bothering me. Its a terrible place to sit down and work. I am going to build a new PC and hand this off to my brother though. I will build a custom desk, nice chair, etc...

how old is your house Less Than Jake John?

(You listne to ska?!)

why do you ask?

It was built in 1952, there was a new edition added to it in 1970 though.

course I listen to ska :cool: (notive the blue less than jake cd?)

Nice, Phatalboom. I'm currently building my new comp right now and I have a fully acryllic case. I was curious as to what the finished product might look like. Is yours UV reactive? If so, do you have a pic with the UV on?

You guys are lucky. I'm stuck in my basement!

Anyway, here's a few pics of my mess:

workstation-1.jpg

workstation-2.jpg

workstation-3.jpg

workstation-4.jpg

Flash kind of drowned things out in the first three, so that's why the last one is there.

Originally posted by deftone
lessthanjakejohn, you should get your mother's computer.

Ha, ya... Well im getting my own soon so it doesn't really matter. Plus this system isn't laggy or anything and I have an MSI FX5600 Pro that does the video duties.

Lessthanjakejohn: good man, skankers are rare. you from OC or SB?
other people: basements, your a god. I would move to the mid west or somewhere that has basements and lose all my friends. thats how much i would love a basement. they rock.

Lessthanjakejohn: good man, skankers are rare. you from OC or SB?

eh or weh?

I'm from dallas.

perhaps you could recommend some bands I could listen to.. dont have a real good source for this kind of stuff, Friend that introduced me to LTJ 5 years ago moved to oregon. (PM me)

btw, I would love to be 'stuck' in a basement too, dont see too many of them in Tejas :confused:

New pics taken. just the low res ones here as they are hosted from home, if you wanna wait to see the cool high res ones, go to http://images.pyrospheric.net and click on the 'My computers and network equipment' gallery.
This is my desk with all my workstations and my gaming rig on it....
workstations.jpg

These are the important boxes for the house...from left to right, p133 mail server p100 'webcam server', ppro 200mhz domain controller, pII 233mhz firewall box. all but the webcam box run fbsd i might add.
servers.jpg

My new play toy setup...All these boxes are for my lan parties...game servers, firewall/dhcp/ftp/cache/proxy/dns/http servers all there:D..and yeah, thats an emachines box. its my cache server. it works. all of these boxes are freebsd powered too :p
pr0nlan.jpg

oh yeah...this is all in my basement:p :D
being in the middle of nowhere has its advantages i guess
and w00t, i just setup my own home VoIP setup. (very happy, have to share with everyone!!)

eh it's good enough for gaming.. server in other room.. loud as hell

desktopbetter.jpg

i m considering putting that usb cathode somewhere else.. it's getting in my face :D

[Edit] more pix HERE

i have the best of both worlds. having a window outside and being in the basement :D . here's the pics.

main rig:

main.jpg

to the side of the main rig:

side.jpg

both rigs:

both%20rigs.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back