20 Of The Worst PC Setups

HardOCP News

[H] News
It's time once again for Think Computer's monthly Worst PC Setups feature. This set up is funny because it looks like something you or I would put together in a pinch. ;)

Yay for the creepy cousin submission???

The rest were whatever, clean up your space you slobs, for the most part.

Complete waste of time even going there as a lot of them are obvious set ups just for submission purposes.

Some of those are just gross / lazy slobs who leave junk all over the place...doesn't have much to do with the PC setup itself.

More fake/lazy submissions, wooooo.

You are right though, that one with the PC mounted on the wall is perfectly fine. I don't have a problem with that, well except my proclivity to spilling coke on things means it wouldn't last long in my house.

Bad setups are when you're doing it on a couple milk crates, no case, and the keyboard on your lap and a separate crate for your mouse ... trying to make a desk out of it ... not just leaving garbage lying around a perfectly serviceable setup.

You are right though, that one with the PC mounted on the wall is perfectly fine. I don't have a problem with that, well except my proclivity to spilling coke on things means it wouldn't last long in my house.

So you have a problem spilling Coke on walls?

None of these "battlestations" could even play real games. Most are shitty laptops or $300 boxed PC's.

Ugh. Computer and desk in the bathroom is SO wrong!!!

6236641_trumbo-2015-international-movie-trailer_2beed679_m.png

Look again at the one mounted to the wall. It would have been fine except for the video cards.

1. There's no PCI bracket for them to screw into for support so the cards may sag.
2. The 2nd card in Crossfire/SLI has 2 heatsinks and fans simply laying on top of the video card's heatsink. The first heatsink at the front has a solid base, and as a result no air gets through and its blocking the videocard's own fan from sucking in air. TBH, with all that extra weight I'm not sure how those cards are hanging on. I'm not seeing anything supporting them.

Look again at the one mounted to the wall. It would have been fine except for the video cards.

1. There's no PCI bracket for them to screw into for support so the cards may sag.
2. The 2nd card in Crossfire/SLI has 2 heatsinks and fans simply laying on top of the video card's heatsink. The first heatsink at the front has a solid base, and as a result no air gets through and its blocking the videocard's own fan from sucking in air. TBH, with all that extra weight I'm not sure how those cards are hanging on. I'm not seeing anything supporting them.

Duh... Magic... :coffee: <---Wizard... (in case you couldn't tell...)

that tablet setup is kinda clean. landscape that shit and its a functional semi-wireless setup.

The setup in the bathroom with the toilet in the background. Seriously?

Back