2 Titans or 2 GTX 690's for SLI

if your gaming single monitor get the titans if your going surround later on get the 690s

Great, let us test that and see if you reply. My gosh you defend the Titan so much I hope you are on Nvdia's payroll.

There's no need to defend it, it's an awesome card that's a lot better than anything on the market right now, it's just pretty expensive. I would love to pick up 3 but I would need to do a whole new build to take advantage of that many and that's just more than I can spend right now.

Last edited:
There's no need to defend it, it's an awesome card that's a lot better than anything on, it's just pretty expensive. I would love to pick up 3 but I would need to do a whole new build to take advantage of that many and that's just more than I can spend right now.

Great card, too much money for what it offers. I have 2 OCed GTX 680s so I'm not cheap. I would buy one, but for $800.

Man, I would totally give up my 2x690's for 2xTitans. If anyone ends up getting these cards and then decides to trade I would be all up for that. I'm definitely not going to buy new cards this time around though.

2x Titan > 2x 690. Why? Cos Quad-SLI is broken. Not to mention you are getting 6GB VRAM on each Titan. There are a number of games out there that struggle with SLI support and just won't fully or efficiently utilize four gpu cores. They will be able to make the most of Titan's two more powerful cores though.

I know that A lot of you guys are thinking the same thing I am after reading the reviews that just came out on the Titan. I got up so early this morning after making a jumbo pot of coffee and after waiting for so many weeks.....and I am sadly unimpressed as most of you I bet also are

Reading Hilbert's review over at Guru3d...He kept saying that it was not really fair to compare the titan and 690, as the titan should really be focused as what it is...a single gpu, so it should be looked at with the 680/7970

That being said...I myself, along with the rest of you, I know kept looking at the 690gtx graph bar always being slightly higher then the Titan's and thinking WTF?! For the price, I really can't justify. It's sad because I really want to like and buy the Titan. on my Dell 30", 2 Titans in SLI would really rock, BUT...For the price, 2 690 gtx's would just rip...

Hilbert keeps saying...with the 690 you will get a little more "Boom-Boom-pow"
I guess we will have to see where prices are going to be once the card hits the shelves...I don't really want to pay more for a card if it will do less performance...It just does not make sense...The 6gb frame buffer does have me perplexed though, and Hilbert says that in the future with newer games, it will make a difference.....What is the general consensus here?

Man, I would totally give up my 2x690's for 2xTitans. If anyone ends up getting these cards and then decides to trade I would be all up for that. I'm definitely not going to buy new cards this time around though.

TNX for this...I have heard a lot of ppl complaining about the quad sli being pretty wonky and I have seen the benchmarks that back up the claim...I will definately be getting 2 Titans...U could sell your 690's and probably atleast pay for half of what 2 titans would cost? I am sure u could sell em' quickly on Ebay

Did anyone get one or 2? I don't mind getting two, but I also don't mind waiting another month or two to see what they can do in our hands ;) .

Back