• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

2 Loop/Radiator Setup

Joined
Dec 27, 2011
Messages
17
Hello All,

I just built my first Watercooled system and am now nuts about this stuff and feel that its not enough. I was able to take my i7 870 to a 4.2GHz stable clock with only putting out 40*C under full load for 8 hours.

Now i am going to get a little extreme with this IMO. I want to do this setup all internal.

I will be using:
DD Water Box Plus
2 x Black Ice GTX Xtreme 120 Radiator (one for each loop - Push/Pull system)
1 x Koolance VID-AR697 Radeon HD6970 / HD6950 VGA Liquid Cooling Block - Rev 1.1
4 x Koolance RAM-33 Ram Liquid Block
1 x Danger Den MC-TDX Liquid Cooling Block
1 x EK ASUS P55 Series Full Board Cooling Block Kit - Acrylic
2 x Phobya Balancer 150 Reservoir
2 x Danger Den DD-CPX Pro
2 x Feser One Non Conductive Cooling Fluid (1 UV Acid Green / 1 Blood Red) or (1 UV Invisible Blue / 1 UV Pink)

Basically, I will have 2 loops. 1 will be through the 120 Rad, Reservoir, Pump, Ram, GPU.

The other through Rad, Reservoir, Pump, CPU, Chipset.

Does this sound like it will work or is it not enough radiator?

Thanks all for the input.
 
Single loop with a 2x120 radiator is a better choice for you.
 
Single loop with a 2x120 radiator is a better choice for you.

Yeah, Thats what I keep hearing. :( But do you think this is possible to setup? I do have another system I could put parts into if it doesnt. Heres a visual pic of what Im refering to. I mainly want to get 2 different colors in there to mix things up a bit.

Edit: Sorry, forgot the radiator in the drawing.

Setup1.png
 
Last edited:
Yeah, Thats what I keep hearing. :( But do you think this is possible to setup? I do have another system I could put parts into if it doesnt. Heres a visual pic of what Im refering to. I mainly want to get 2 different colors in there to mix things up a bit.

SmallSetup.png

Do it all in one loop. You can hav e 2 pumps if you like, but it's generally better with all the cooling working on all the components. Which reminds me...

I'd add some radiators somewhere. Otherwise things will get toasty ;)
 
I have 2 setup almost like that, except that mine go res-pump-rad-gpu and res-pump-rad-cpu. I will eventually add the ram and the chipset.
Works ok for my system
 
Back
Top