1955 Willy's Jeep

Is that hose on the interior for the heater?

Love these old rattle cans, but I can't afford toys these days. Not exactly a replacement for my shitty old truck (2006).

I can already sense David Tracy (the Jalopnik Jeep fanboy in question) itching to pounce on this thing. GLWS!

Alas, I'm kinda tied up fixing up an XJ Cherokee as the typical cheap, entry-level Jeep, because CJ5/YJ/TJ Wranglers with the iconic Willys-era Jeep shape have insane resale value these days. $7,500 reserve, you say? I totally believe that'll be met, given its condition, age, presumably running order, and being stock instead of modded to the gills with insane lift, 35"+ tires and all the other prerequisite mods for rock-crawling that people do to every Jeep with dual solid axles and a transfer case.

I can already sense David Tracy (the Jalopnik Jeep fanboy in question) itching to pounce on this thing. GLWS!

Alas, I'm kinda tied up fixing up an XJ Cherokee as the typical cheap, entry-level Jeep, because CJ5/YJ/TJ Wranglers with the iconic Willys-era Jeep shape have insane resale value these days. $7,500 reserve, you say? I totally believe that'll be met, given its condition, age, presumably running order, and being stock instead of modded to the gills with insane lift, 35"+ tires and all the other prerequisite mods for rock-crawling that people do to every Jeep with dual solid axles and a transfer case.
We'll see listing ends today. Here's a video of it after my trip. Puffs a little smoke on startup but clears up quickly.

Is it really below $6,000 still? Are these not that popular anymore or sought after?

Hope you get some bids today, good luck!

Is it really below $6,000 still? Are these not that popular anymore or sought after?

Hope you get some bids today, good luck!
I think it's like anything else, you need to find the right buyer....whoever buys it is buying nostalgia.

Reactions: doz
like this
I think it's like anything else, you need to find the right buyer....whoever buys it is buying nostalgia.
To an extent I guess but, you have to consider its no bigger than a Polaris Ranger single cab for a fraction of the cost and is street legal. I have an offer to sell it @ 6,750 not sure if I'm going to accept or clean up my listing w/ more details and list again.

The U.S had a lot of these things in service back in the old days, seemingly in bases of other countries as well. Seems like the max speed was around 45 mph on the first place. This is a '46 btw, but the people in where I live, unless it's left in somewhere down a village, tend to take good care of these things and restore. I'm not digging that bus / truck steering wheel turner and how kinda dirty the interior looks. I think you might find buyers easier if you work on that. Some rust underneath is expected anyway. GL on the sale either way.

Screenshot_2.jpg

Back