16TB M.2 SSD!

MrGuvernment

Fully [H]
This must be legit right, 16TB M2 SSD for $150 CAD.......no way this is fake... ;) I called them out on it and they seemed to have gotten very angry.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1605275452

1648502858357.png

just like the ones sold thru Newegg......I thought about getting one thru there, with the extra warranty and then seeing what happens trying to warranty it

That's a great deal. I need to order 64 of these for a zoneminder project.
The manager will be happy with the scrub times! 🙃

just like the ones sold thru Newegg......I thought about getting one thru there, with the extra warranty and then seeing what happens trying to warranty it
I presume they are just like most fakes, the controller is modified to show the size, however the actual SSD size in side is like 16GB or some small cheap amount. You can copy files to it and it will just loop over writing it, and then when you go to look at your files, anything past that size is corrupted/

I presume they are just like most fakes, the controller is modified to show the size, however the actual SSD size in side is like 16GB or some small cheap amount. You can copy files to it and it will just loop over writing it, and then when you go to look at your files, anything past that size is corrupted/
I'm sure that the component parts alone cost way over $150. Like the other guys have said, this is fake, following in the footsteps of all those fake USB drives.

Those $15 1TB microSD cards all over ebay do exactly that.

I'm sure that the component parts alone cost way over $150. Like the other guys have said, this is fake, following in the footsteps of all those fake USB drives.
It could have enough in it to get away with selling it and it showing up in windows, that no one complains initially, they just copy, think it is good then disconnect it and forget about it :D

More likely an April Fools' joke. Note the date of the first post in this thread, which is two days before the joke of an occasion. And this despite that the listing was "posted 1 month ago." And even if the product were actually sold, it would be more likely to be only a 500 GB SATA m.2 SSD which had its firmware manipulated to read "16 TB" which would force repeated automatic overwrites after every 500 GB regardless.

More likely an April Fools' joke. Note the date of the first post in this thread, which is two days before the joke of an occasion. And this despite that the listing was "posted 1 month ago." And even if the product were actually sold, it would be more likely to be only a 500 GB SATA m.2 SSD which had its firmware manipulated to read "16 TB" which would force repeated automatic overwrites after every 500 GB regardless.
Try again in 2025.

Sadly not an April fools, couple other friends messaged them and they were selling them for sure.

100% real, just note that because of the USB protocol interacting with the aluminum case, that actual formatted space may be significantly less than what is advertised. Significantly……..

100% real, just note that because of the USB protocol interacting with the aluminum case, that actual formatted space may be significantly less than what is advertised. Significantly……..
It's simple. Amazon (and maybe others) do a piss-poor job of supervising their vendors. So in practice, a vendor is not removed until a sufficient volume of complaints. (And don't get me started on the bogus reviews.)

Before I buy anything online, I try to find the identical brand/product on several different websites, to check price and to establish some level of credibility.

The shitty controller heats up the aluminum case, expanding the internal volume letting it store more data!!!

Back