• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

$149 PC at Outpost.com

Don't!!! GQ are the absolute worst PCs you could ever buy!
 
Leon2ky said:
Don't!!! GQ are the absolute worst PCs you could ever buy!
GQ is just a rebranding name. They make nothing.

ECS actually makes the whole PC and if you would have read the thread you could see that it's made from not bad components. I've bought 3 different models (GigaPro 1.2... took it back, Duron and Sempron), and besides the GigaPro (C3 800MHz = Celeron 533MHz) running so slowly, all worked fine.
 
Well I do not know about long-term reliability, but my GQ Sempron has been running for a month in the lovely Florida heat.
 
well they ship fast.. i ordered tuesday and just received it today..
 
H-street said:
well they ship fast.. i ordered tuesday and just received it today..
Do a 7v mod on the CPU fan and kick it to 400MHz FSB. Trust me on that. :p
 
ordered today, 179 not 149 status says back ordered. Good things come to those who wait I guess.
 
WOW!

Tracking says that mine is already waiting at my door. I ordered on Wednesday. :eek:

Fast stuff.
 
EnOne said:
ordered today, 179 not 149 status says back ordered. Good things come to those who wait I guess.

Must have been too hot! They raised price to $179. :mad:
 
They do that every couple of weeks. It will go up before it comes down I think. Mine is at the door too.
 
What kind of memory did you buy for this computer? (brand) I am wondering about compatibility
 
Nettwerk said:
Is it quiet enuff for making a HTPC?


after listening to my gaming machine's fans.. this comp is whisper quiet..

the only fan i can audibly hear is the PSU's fan which is pretty quiet..

remeber, sound level is subjective but when sitting in your theatre room, i probably wouldn't be able to hear it..

but then again its like when i drive new cars.. i have to roll the window down to even hear if they are running after driving my beater.
 
Shmuckety said:
What kind of memory did you buy for this computer? (brand) I am wondering about compatibility

I am currently running two Crucial modules in this machine; although only at 166MHz. I may bump it soon to 200MHz as pxc advises any see how the stability is.
 
what are the dimensions of the case?
i want a small case for iunder my desk that i can use with my matrox video card for movie watching on my 3 lcd's
 
Posting from the computer right now.

I'm runing some pqi PC2100 RAM from newegg overclocked to PC2700 and the Sempron overclocked to 1.8GHz.

Looking stable so far. Linspire is nice, but slow. I'll load XP up soon. Great deal in the end.
 
I was looking at linspire yesterday. It's not too bad looking, but it did take a while to boot. Also, I saw today in the papers that Circuit city has 512 PC3200 for like $35 AR. I will probably get that for my machine. ;)
 
Yes, get PC3200 RAM. Don't make the same mistake I did by getting slower RAM, thinking it would be cheaper (It's usually not).

Great computer, slow OS. Linspire is going out the window soon.
 
yea the linspire loaded on is pretty slow..

would be interesting to try athe Linspire 5.0 (4.5 is loaded on) to see if it is better
 
I got the 3200 and overclocked to 400 fsb...running prime 95 right now. So far so good. This is definitely worth $163 (cost + Ship). :D
 
just received a message from outpost.com saying

Thank you for your order! We apologize but the item(s) you
ordered is currently out of stock and we are unable to provide a
definite ship date at this time. However, we continually receive
new merchandise in our warehouse and we hope to fulfill your
order within the next thirty days or sooner if possible.

looks like it will be a bit of a wait.
 
Well i just got this up and running as an HTPC..

what i ended up putting in it..

Mystique HDA
PVR 250
3dfx Voodoo4500 (I have an FX5900 from BFG in RMA process right now)
a cheap 256Mb of DDR, For a total or 384Mb (SageTV uses ~ 100Mb for the Server + Client)..
MCE Remote
SageTV with Cyberpower Mpeg decoder (the sageTV mpeg decoder is cpu hog)..

i have to say i am very happy with it..

it is currently hooked upto my PJ551 projector via RGB and looks and runs great..

the total hardware cost ended up being (Most of this stuff i already had purchased)

170$ - PC
99$ - Mystique (DDL)
85$ - PVR250
38$ - MCE Remote
20$ - Memory

so about 420$ for a decent HTPC..

the best suprise is that the keyboard actually has the Play/Pause/FF/Rew Vol+/-/Mute Forward/Back which is already setup for the SageTV so even without the remote it was kindof a nice..
 
I think this is gone, DAMN I have been waiting now I was going to order, and now I cant find it. anyone know where it is? or just a website errror?
 
It's not showing up right now, but I just got an ad in my e-mail 2 days ago. The ad showed this same PC for 179.99. So I think its still around but not on the site right now.
 
i have been using it for a good month or 2 now (got it for 149$) as my HTPC and it has been working great.. for 149$ can't be disappointed..
 
When it hits $149.99 again I am buying a second one (great Christmas gifts).
 
so lets say i bought this.and put in my 9600xt and bought some of that 1 GB ram on ebay deal.would it be compatible.i mean will that ram be?and will the psu supply enough juice for the vid card too?
 
I have ddr400 in mine and a 6800LE. I have had no problems with it. It gets like a 3200 in 3dmark05. It is overclocked to 400fsb to match the DDR and it has no fans in it except for the 6800. I don't know what the temps are because I can't find a tem prog that is compatible.

 
thx for the reply.think ill buy one of these when i have the money.as u can see from the ebay 10% discount thread ive been doing a lot of spending.
 
Price is $159.99 now...

Compared to the Egg..
Code:
$67.00 - AMD® Sempron® 2200
$  6.49 - Cheap CPU Fan
$ 38.50 - ECS 741GX-M
$ 11.22 - 128MB DDR PC2700 (cheapest listed)
$ 38.50 - ECS 741GX-M MB
$ 48.00 - Samsung 40 GB HDD
$ 14.99 - 52x CDROM
$ 11.00 - Floppy Drive
$  4.25 - El-Cheapo Keyboard
$  2.79 - El-Cheapo Mouse
$ 29.99 - Foxconn MicroATX case
$ 19.50 - 250Watt Power Supply
$ 21.95 - Linspire 5.0
-------
$314.18 subtotal
$ 52.64 UPS Shipped to 22031
-------
$366.82

I have to say that this is a pretty damn good deal, if you need a low-end pc, ground shipping from Frys to 22031 is $15.34.
 
vbrtrmn said:
Price is $159.99 now...

Compared to the Egg..
Code:
$67.00 - AMD® Sempron® 2200
$  6.49 - Cheap CPU Fan
$ 38.50 - ECS 741GX-M
$ 11.22 - 128MB DDR PC2700 (cheapest listed)
$ 38.50 - ECS 741GX-M MB
$ 48.00 - Samsung 40 GB HDD
$ 14.99 - 52x CDROM
$ 11.00 - Floppy Drive
$  4.25 - El-Cheapo Keyboard
$  2.79 - El-Cheapo Mouse
$ 29.99 - Foxconn MicroATX case
$ 19.50 - 250Watt Power Supply
$ 21.95 - Linspire 5.0
-------
$314.18 subtotal
$ 52.64 UPS Shipped to 22031
-------
$366.82

I have to say that this is a pretty damn good deal, if you need a low-end pc, ground shipping from Frys to 22031 is $15.34.

You listed two motherboards in your quote, but it's still better than newegg.

Lyquist
 
Yes, good point. I think anyone out there should know that you can't buy a new computer for $159.99 anywhere. All the rebates that BB & CC have and you still will end up paying more.

 
Lyquist said:
You listed two motherboards in your quote, but it's still better than newegg.

Lyquist

DOH! Oh well, I forgot to list a case and the high price of shipping for one, so it probably balances out.
 
I haven't had a chance to really mess around with this CPU, but it oveclocks pretty good so far. The fsb is 166 and mine is at 220. From 1.5 ghz stock to about 2Ghz without any fans in the case. Thirty percent is good IMO, but it seems like this thing has more juice left.

I will push it more once I get at least one fan in there. :D
 
I just "built" a pretty kick ass non-gaming computer for $500 from them:

Code:
Patriot 512MB PC2700 333MHz 64x64 DDR 184Pin - Model #PSD512333 
$50.99
IOMAGIC DRW1008IB DVD±RW DRIVE 	
$39.99
GQ 3121AMD Sempron 2200+ Processor PC with Lindows/Linspire 4.5 	
$159.99
AMW 19" TFT with 700:1 Contrast Ratio 	
$249.99
	
subtotal:  	$500.96

That ram should be compatible, right?
 
Back
Top