$149 PC at Outpost.com

Spleen

n00b
http://shop3.outpost.com/product/4199563

Not sure how everyone else would rate this, but I snagged one for my girlfriend's daughter.

They have a Sempron 2200+ with 128MB RAM and a 40GB HDD. It's got an ECS 741GX motherboard in it, in case anyone's curious. I've got extra RAM onhand, so there's no problem with the 128MB for me.

Limit one per household. Not sure how long the sale is going on, I couldn't find an expiry.

Good luck!

Wonder if the same deal is at Fry's. If so just go into the store multiple times and buy one. $150 for a folder ... NICE.

hmmm..

i am thinking this might make for a good PVR machine..

with enough expansion slots to add the HDA Mystique and PVR 250 + and AGP for my old FX5900..

It comes with Lindows operating system. Personally I wouldn't even touch that crap.

v3rt1g0 said:
ya, I bought one and it plays doom 3 great! :D
so that prolly means its good for video!

:rolleyes:

if i didnt see the rolleye so low was about to cry BS so hard..lol

video editing / playing is VERY diff then 3d gaming.

But no, this would not be the best system for video work - pending how serious u are into it.

I purchased one of these last time they were on sale as a back-up box (now its my only box :( ). It has been running great so far. I wiped Linspire and installed XP with no issues. You would need to order more RAM certainly and perhaps a 92mm rear fan. I also dropped in an old TI 4200. Good deal for the price.

AGP is 8x, FSB is 166 for PC2700 RAM, 3 free PCI slots, generic PS (9 A. on 12V. rail)

This is a good price indeed. I had to buy one. It will fold and probably serve files as well. Yessss.....excellent. :p

i bought one of these (or similar) last year on black friday fro $99, reformatted with windows and threw in a geforce 4 for a backup gaming machine and it was great... Put those extra video cards and monitors to use, its a great deal!

That's an awesome deal! Friend of mota's fried his mobo today, his comp was in need of some serious upgrades anyway. Think he just convinced him to buy this as an interim box til he can afford what he really wants, then have it as a spare for the kids. It sucks having kids around and only one comp anyway. :)

DriveEuro said:
Wonder if the same deal is at Fry's. If so just go into the store multiple times and buy one. $150 for a folder ... NICE.

I got one of these last weekend at the Brick and Mortar for 179$ + tax (in Houston). Very quiet fans, though the cdrom is like a jet engine taking off.

Just bought this for an internet/general usage computer for my brother. Also bought a $30 ATI 7500 video card for the DVI out and 512MB PC2100 RAM for around $45.

Pretty good for a ~ $250 Internet PC. The only real weak point in the system is the PSU. I already have XP Pro, but I would like to see how Lindows is.

Thanks for posting the deal Spleen.

No problem Slider. Hope it goes well.

Mine's working well, since I slicked Lindows and installed XP. I decided on that since that's what her daughter is using in school I didn't want to confuse things. :)

Decent file server or internet PC. this deal is good in store too. watch long enough and they put this on sale for $99 sometimes. everyday price is $200.

I guess its s cheap price, but it doesnt beat CompUSAs deal from last month by a longshot. Also, the ECS board is the final nail in the coffin :( /shivers

This doesnt beat the $50 desktop deal that was on the news either. Boy that one was a doozy. People actually got trampled.

As for price, its the cheapest 'deal' for a desktop pc out there right now.

These boxes go on sale at Fry's B&M every few weeks for $99.
Otherwise, they are usually priced around $150.

--KK

the crazy ass scene was at richmond, va

50 dollars for an apple ibook....... from a school... because they were updating their computers...

and guess WHAT

the ibook was about 4-5 years OLD :eek:

I bought one of these a couple months ago at around 179. they go from 149 on up to 259 or so depending on the week.

I put xp on it just for running power point and it's been great so far.

i would buy one of these for my parents, but their only bottleneck is their dial-up internet. I gave them one of my old computers that's running a good ol' Tbird 1.2 with 512mb sdram running XP so they should be set anyway right? They only surf the net, do email, and Word. Their internet just sucks, but it's all they can get besides wireless and that's an arm and a leg $.

These systems aren't bad. I bought one for $99 on Black Friday last year. Like mentioned above, these use the ECS 741GX-M motherboard. The CD-ROM I got was a Lite-On, the hard drive is 7200RPM (Maxtor IIRC) and the memory is TwinMOS. The speakers are junk, but that's not important. The motherboard supports 400MHz FSB and PC3200, despite what the manual says. All the usual overclocking options are in CMOS setup, but no voltage adjustment.

I overclocked mine at stock voltage & cooling (7v mod on CPU fan) from 1.5GHz to 1.8GHz, added a Ti4200 ($30AR from TigerDirect), more memory ($10AR for 256MB), a quiet 80mm case fan, installed WinXP and it was a nice little system.

v3rt1g0 said:
ya, I bought one and it plays doom 3 great! :D
so that prolly means its good for video!

:rolleyes:
wow v3rt1g0, that rolling eye thing is pretty female of you.

pxc said:
These systems aren't bad. I bought one for $99 on Black Friday last year. Like mentioned above, these use the ECS 741GX-M motherboard. The CD-ROM I got was a Lite-On, the hard drive is 7200RPM (Maxtor IIRC) and the memory is TwinMOS. The speakers are junk, but that's not important. The motherboard supports 400MHz FSB and PC3200, despite what the manual says. All the usual overclocking options are in CMOS setup, but no voltage adjustment.

I overclocked mine at stock voltage & cooling (7v mod on CPU fan) from 1.5GHz to 1.8GHz, added a Ti4200 ($30AR from TigerDirect), more memory ($10AR for 256MB), a quiet 80mm case fan, installed WinXP and it was a nice little system.

It takes PC3200 RAM? I wish I knew that before I ordered some PC2100 ram even though the PC3200 RAM was $2 cheaper. did you overclock the included RAM on it?

Slider19 said:
It takes PC3200 RAM? I wish I knew that before I ordered some PC2100 ram even though the PC3200 RAM was $2 cheaper. did you overclock the included RAM on it?
Yeah, I did. The 128MB PC2700 TwinMOS memory ran perfectly at PC3200.

pxc said:
Yeah, I did. The 128MB PC2700 TwinMOS memory ran perfectly at PC3200.
thanks, lets see if i cancel newegg's ram order.

edit: crap, shipped.

edit2: its not a big deal, PC2100 memory is just fine for what this computer is going to be used for, I don't know why I got all hyper over this.

DriveEuro said:
frys DOES carry them but they are not the same prices, last time i went to get this pc they said the sale started in a few days (this was a year ago)

I can't believe outpost still hasn't fixed that product page in 9-10 months. The CPU has a 333MHz FSB, not 266MHz FSB, and like I mentioned above it supports PC2700 and PC3200. :D

Slider19 said:
Not surprising considering they also label it as a 168-pin DIMM
i knew i forgot one of the errors. :p

I think they cut and pasted that from older cheap GQ systems they carried, a VIA GigaPro 1.2 (actually a C3 800MHz) or the Duron system. I think the Duron used DDR, but the VIA system used SDR.

It's a little too late to mention now and it takes more work, but it's possible to get systems in the Dell outlet for the same price. My record for a P4 system was $77 shipped and $34 shipped for a Celeron system, both with 1 year warranties and WinXP. :D The advantage is Windows XP is included and more memory.

garry26 said:
This doesnt beat the $50 desktop deal that was on the news either. Boy that one was a doozy. People actually got trampled.

I couldnt quite understand that either. They were 4 YEAR OLD Apples fer christ sakes!!!!

Back