1440p 27" monitor for light gaming - do they exist?

LordJezo

Limp Gawd
I dont really need any sort of gsync or freesync premiums, I just want a step up from a decade old 24" normal monitor.

I play plain old games, nothing competitive online, mostly single player RPGs and such and some light MMOs. Trying to sort through the choices out there and just get myself the next step up from my current panel, which is a BenQ IPS display.

HP Omen ftw. a 32" 1440p Va with great contrast, PWM free, really cheap.
or an used 30" 1600p if you have a Dual Link DVI graphics card.

you could get a very cheap Korean Display off Ebay... I have a 27" Crossover 1440p for that last 3 years and its running perfect and cost only 300-400$

Think the Qnix's have been going on sale for $189 at Newegg recently. You'll have to do some research to make sure the current models are alright, but the older QX2710LEDs were awesome, $275-300 at the time for Samsung IPS 1440p that could hit 100-120hz+. If they're still good quality, then I don't think it gets better than that. Someone else may be more current on 1440p than I am though. (Oh & verify capability for your video card, integrated graphics won't work, believe DVI-D is req)

at $189 a 27" 1440p LED beats my suggestion of an used 30" 1600p CCFL. just beware that both are usually limited to dual link dvi.

If you can go bigger and have a card with HDMI 2.0 (basically, Nvidia cards since the 900 series) the Samsung UN40KU6290 40" 4K TV runs around $300 if you can get it from Costco in your area (or I think Newegg is selling it for like $400 with a $100 Newegg gift card). 4:4:4 chroma, relatively low input lag, basic HDR support.

If you want something faster than 60Hz then the Korean built displays that've already been mentioned would be the way to go.

Agreed about 4k TVs being a good option (if you're into it). Been playing with a 3d Samsung via Tridef & been really enjoying it (casual, fun games- not competitive etc.). But they definitely are not the best option for all situations. I'm sure you'll be happy with whatever you decide on, just make sure to research it & check compatibility with your system.

I just got the new Monoprice 27" 1440 with glossy screen. Haven't had a chance to review it or anything but it is BEAUTIFUL!

I think it's $279 or so and they have a great return policy. It's the one with the aluminum bezel and mount and the joystick bottom on the back.

I'm the definition of casual gamer and do a bit of photoshop and Web browsing.

Highly recommended!

Do you know what panel this uses? Freesync support?

No clue- any way I can find out? :confused:

In all honesty, I'm a casual user who saw an affordable monitor with decent specs.

Panel types and freesync/gsync are not that critical to me :D

I have been using a 27" Qnix 1440 monitor for the past couple of years and love it. I have one dead pixel in the upper middle but I long since got use to it and never notice it anymore. The stand is garbage tho. I paid around $300 for it.

Which one is $189?

https://slickdeals.net/f/9186343-pe...1440-qhd-qx2710-multi-new-monitor-189-99-ebay

You'll need to

a) lurk for it to drop to $189 on various retailers
b) do a few hours of research & make sure it suits your needs (and verify which variations exist)

There's also the UHD3216R for the guy who asked about freesync. They have a fair bit more downsides though. But it's 4k/freesync/32" for $369-385ish. $300 40" KU6300 is probably a safer option for 4k, but no freesync.

Back