$13k For An Original NES

HardOCP News

[H] News
Joined
Dec 31, 1969
Messages
0
For those of you that haven't seen this, some dude just sold an original Nintendo Entertainment System and five games for over $13,100.

Sound like a prank? That's what I thought, until I looked up Family & Fitness Stadium Events, a game I'd never heard of, and never played back in the day. According to the game's Wikipedia page, its North American NTSC version is one of the rarest video games in existence, a so-called "holy grail of console gaming."
 
Last edited:
Family and Fitness Stadium Events = big money...$13,080 of the $13,105 price tag in fact.
 
The funny thing about Family & Fitness Stadium Events, just based on the box it looks like some shitty game that the Angry Video Game Nerd would completely rip apart if he ever managed to review it. :D
 
lol, I had this and a Power Pad...

It's probably still at my parents house rofl
 
It was posted on [H] before but I thought someone put it in the gaming forum and not in the news section.
 
There is another system with the Family & Fitness Stadium Events in the original box listed.
20+ hours to go and already over $4000.

ebay listing
 
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Hmm, I should dig thru my NES/SNES game collection sometime... When I was a kid my parent used to get me a few dozen games every Christmas, he'd kinda overdo it since a few of them I'd never even play but it was sweet nonetheless... I'm pretty sure I tossed the boxes for all my SNES games (had wayyy more of those, and they were way easier to store sans box) but I kept the NES ones. Maybe one of 'em is worth something, heh. I would think only a handful would hold sentimental value (the Zeldas, Metroids, Bomberman, etc.).
 
Family & Fitness Stadium Events??? ive never heard of that game. time to go check the local used game store to find a copy!!
 
lol, I had this and a Power Pad...

It's probably still at my parents house rofl

My neighbor had it probably still does. Thats one of the best things about living near Peoria Illinois its a major test market and we get products here that dont always make it out to the masses.
 
Holy shit I think my uncle has that game...

lol i sense evil thoughts...

--

roms on an emulator are good enough for me. every time i see a real collection of game cartridges it impresses the hell outta me so it's not like i can't appreciate having the physical media and maybe even the manual and box. however, getting the games in good condition can be hard and the manual/box can cost you a retarded amount of money. so i don't even try to collect retro console games.
 
Shit, I used to have that game. It got sold along with my NES for $10 many, many years ago by my dad.
 
I played a game similar to that on NES. Don't recall what exactly it was called...
 
Stadium and Fitness Events was bought by Nintendo and relicensed as World Class Track Meet and sold with the Powerpad. Most people had the relicensed version which is why the other one is so rare. There were only about 2000 copies made and most were recalled and destroyed after Nintendo bought the rights. About 200 copies are thought to be in existence.
 
Ya'll should read your own website(s), its pretty damn good.

You act like this is by accident. :confused:

We have said it a million times...from time to time we will repost things on the weekday for the people that don't get a chance to read the weekend news. A huge portion of our readers only get to browse the site from school or work (week days) so they miss the weekend stuff.

By the time I start posting again on Monday all the Saturday news is pushed off the page. I thought it was interesting, it was a slow news day due to the holiday yesterday and legal holiday today so I posted it again...."for those of you that haven't seen this."

Trust me, there is a method to our madness and, as odd as it may seem, it has served us well for years. ;)
 
As soon as nintendo figures out that cart sells for that much constantly, it'll be up on the wii ware page. either instantly dropping it's rarity or increasing it 10 fold.
 
umm there were only about 200 of these sold. Nintendo bought the rights to this and the pad and named it what most of you know it as the power pad.

so i highly doubt some of you had this version of it. but proabbly the Nintendo version.
 
I had the nintendo version with the pad, but I knew a guy with the old one, almost the same damn game

I think he lost his in a house fire, but until today Im sure neither I or him knew it was worth anything, I think he got it at a yard sale lol, I had over 200 cart's when we sold ours, all 4 of them lol, and a shit load of semi-rare accessories

Damn I wish I kept one, just to play MegaMan 6 again...
 
I doubt ANY of you had this game...lol. It was only sold in a test market (in Washington state, I believe) before it was bought by Nintendo. Honestly, it is surprising that it made it to South Carolina in such good shape.
 
You'd be amazed how easy it is for shit to move across the country. All it takes is one guy who has no clue what he's got to move and sell it off in a box of junk

If everyone knew what things were worth there would be no antiques roadshow! Ive seen people on there have 6 figure things that they got at garage sales for 5$

It happens alot bro, and I called him up and talked to him a few minutes ago, showed him the link, and that was the game he had, but unless its lost in boxes from when he moved (active duty military, moved every 3 years, loved the travel) it was lost in the fire a few years back. I just wish I still had my copy of the nintendo remake, it was a pretty fun game for the times, that and the other pad games, way ahead of their times
 
I just said I'd be surprised, not that it's impossible ;). As a veteran of several moves, it's hard to keep small things like Nintendo boxes in such good shape.

I was never a fan of the power pad. It just didn't seem very accurate. Running the hurdles was impossible.
 
i actually knew a bastard kid that had the nintendo version. it came with the nintendo system bundle: console, powerpad, cartridge with mario bros. duckhunt and the track game. we weren't allowed to play the powerpad though. the family decided to put the nintendo in an upstairs spare room above their infants bedroom. seemed like a poor choice in placement of luxury items. but then again. i have my main rig in the basement along with my marshall amp that's under two of my kids' bedrooms. i do recall trying to play that powerpad with my hands. i thought i could slap the pad as good as i could stamp it. that's 5 year olds for you.
 
you could! I kicked ass in long jump in the track and field game, and in some of the other ones, like the obstacle course game, I could "run"faster with my hands
 
Wow, I better get my Atari 400 up there with it's original Star Raiders Cartridge. I'll throw in the Basic Interpreter cartridge for free! LOL!
 
That has to be a one of a kind. Of the estimated 200 in existence, how many of them can be sealed? 40k for a Nintendo game is absurd though.
 
Back
Top