12ms 19" 600:1 $295.00

selizo said:
Can someone post their gamma/brightness/contrast settings? I'm having a very tough time finding the right balance and on stock settings, gaming is impossible...

well i have an nvidia card/drivers...assuming u do too, and/or the driver settings are similar...what gave me best looks was under the nvidia color correction settings...

for desktop-
digital vibrance: low
brightness: 100%
contrast: 67%
gamma: 0.94
image sharpening: slider all the way to left

for overlay (overlay settings were key to getting gaming "gamable")-
digital vibrance: <greyed out>
brightness: 141%
contrast: 86%
gamma: 1.0
image sharpness: <greyed out>

hope that is of some use... =-\

Well... Finally replying with my opinions on this monitor.

Before we get into the downsides... this monitor rules. For the price, this monitor is amazing. 19" 12ms with a .264mm pixel pitch is basically unseen in the monitor market in this price range. The monitor looks pretty good out of the box and mine came with no dead pixels. The monitor is solidly built and the option for dvi and analog is really nice.

Now the cons. Darks on this monitor look black. A color that is normally just a darker color will look straight out black. This is very apparent when looking at high-res digital pic. For example, if you took a picture in one room and the next room is dark but still visible, it will look completely black on this monitor, whereas on a CRT you would be able to see into the room just like a normal picture.

Sometimes the monitor looks a bit dotty... That and the top and bottom are a little bit lighter in colors than the rest of the monitor. The colors themselves are also difficult to get looking perfect.

Despite these downfalls, the monitor is still really, really nice for the price. No ghosting on games or movies. Good overall picture quality.

Would definitely recommend this monitor to anyone.

Got mine last night and I see the issue with the darkness.

Does anyone have any settings for ATI 9800 cards on DVI?

I have had one for about three weeks now - no bad pixels - really happy with the performance etc.

However I rebooted my PC the other day and the monitor never came back. Just a black screen with "no signal input" message, then into power saving mode. I suspect the DVI input is broken. VGA works still. I tried it on another PC with DVI and same result.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I'm about to box it up for return to the manufacturer :-(

Just got monitor...overall it is great....but dark colors are just too dark (really annoying when trying to watch movies). Anyone got a fix for this????

heaviside said:
I have had one for about three weeks now - no bad pixels - really happy with the performance etc.

However I rebooted my PC the other day and the monitor never came back. Just a black screen with "no signal input" message, then into power saving mode. I suspect the DVI input is broken. VGA works still. I tried it on another PC with DVI and same result.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I'm about to box it up for return to the manufacturer :-(

Make sure the dvi is in there screwed in. I thought this at 1st until I made sure it was in all the way

Guys, you can adjust those "darks that are too dark." Play around with the OSD settings and your video card color correction. Desktop color correction carries over to games, overlay is for video colorcorrection. When playing a game, I bump my brightness up about 7% and all the dark color reproduction is fine, from dark black to light grey.

$50 MIR makes it $245 shipped...

for the win!

$294.76 up-front with UPS Super-Saver Shipping.

-SEAL

[RCKY] Thor said:
Guys, you can adjust those "darks that are too dark." Play around with the OSD settings and your video card color correction. Desktop color correction carries over to games, overlay is for video colorcorrection. When playing a game, I bump my brightness up about 7% and all the dark color reproduction is fine, from dark black to light grey.

My issue is I play EQ w/ this monitor and there is a bug in EQ where the gamma/contrast are bumped up while it is running in window'd mode but it doesnt reset when you quit.

I did the dirty deed and bought this puppy a couple of hours ago. Damn you NewEgg and your good deals.

I'm swearing off additional upgrades for the next year.

Wanted to know, how distracing is the dark color issue? Would I be able to live with it, since 75% of the time I'm just staring at the desktop.

Indeed, I got one, and while it took a while to get right, I did finally get the monitor adjusted correctly. (any wow is it blue out of the box.. as in what should be white is almost sky blue)

Basically what I did, is I went into the OSD and made a custom color adjustment, and then after I got that as close as I could, I ran the Nvidia color correction wizard to fine tune it.

==>Lazn

Slider19 said:
Does anyone know if this is an 8-bit or 6-bit panel?

My understanding is that it is a full 8 bit color, but the older a-Si TFT/TN type panel, so the 12ms rating is similar to a 16ms rating on a modern IPS or PVA panel. (still fast enough to game on, but something to consider)

==>Lazn

Slider19 said:
Curious, how did you come to that conclusion? Thanks

Lots of googling prior to purchase. I could be wrong, but quite a few forum posts (anandtech and the like) listed it as an 8 bit panel. I could not find anything to counter this.

As for it being a TN and not a newer IPS/PVA/MVA panel, I am going mostly on cost.. the cheapest of the new fast 8 bit panels are still over $400.

The performance of TN vs newer and the vairous ways of rating responce times for the different types of panels is debated, but generally accepted that a given rate for a TN panel will be compareable to a slightly slower newer panel. (12ms = 16ms, 8ms = 12ms, 16ms = 20ms etc.)

==>Lazn

Sounds good, so overall, how's image quality and text clarity? I just don't want eye strain.

Slider19 said:
Sounds good, so overall, how's image quality and text clarity? I just don't want eye strain.

Well, I am using two of the Dell 19" LCD's at work, and while the Dell's are slightly better/sharper at text it is not a huge difference, the Fuji is better/less blurring in games/movies. (the Dell is not worth the extra $200 IMHO)

==>Lazn

You're talking of the 1905FP right? Pretty good deal for them right now at $297 not including tax. Thing is that I need two LCD's, one for me for gamign and general computer use, the other for my brother for general computer use only. Guess, I'll get one of each.

Slider19 said:
You're talking of the 1905FP right? Pretty good deal for them right now at $297 not including tax. Thing is that I need two LCD's, one for me for gamign and general computer use, the other for my brother for general computer use only. Guess, I'll get one of each.

Oh, at $297 it is the better monitor for sure. The Dell does not blur much, but it is slightly more than the Fuji.

==>Lazn

Back