12ms 19" 600:1 $295.00

solotech

Limp Gawd
I have never owned a fuji product so I have no idea how good it is! New Product to Newegg.com.

Nice specs!!! Not bad for 295 + Shp & Tax
Looks sleeker than the Acer and it's DVI. The Acer is an ugly monitor. I have 5 of them and I wish I would have waited for this. Much more pleasing to look at.

Fuji Plus FP-988D Silver-Black 19" 12ms LCD Monitor 250 cd/m2 600:1 Built in Speakers 0.264mm Pixel Pitch - Retail

http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824168005

:Edit
More Info for info freaks like myself:
http://www.minmaw.com/lcd - FP988D.htm

im not to hip on there dead pixel policy tho!

Dead Pixels Policy
Replacement for 8 or more Dead Pixels only

Just wandering, but who has a better dead pixel policy when you buy monitors seperate?
Other than Apple or Sony's PSP.

Northerner said:
im not to hip on there dead pixel policy tho!

Dead Pixels Policy
Replacement for 8 or more Dead Pixels only

if im not mistaken, i think viewsonic has an awesome policy, just a few pixels i think!

How about Samsung? Don't they have a Zero dead pixel policy?

I think it is for monitors sold starting this year or is it manufactured this year?

Samsung has a ridiculous zero pixel policy, they'll even ship you a box with a pre paid shipping label so that you can send it back to them directly free of charge and they'll send you a new one

Does the TMDS video input go to the dvi input on the video card? I really want to use dvi, but thats a good price.

thanks

I ordered two this morning at 6am or so. I should have them tomorrow or Saturday. I'll put up some pictures and/or tell you guys how they look. I already have two Acer 1914smd. The Acers are really nice, no ghosting in any games.

Also these Fuji's have 0.264mm Pixel Pitch!!! Thats the pixel pitch of a 17"....... Also they use FOUR CCFL instead of two.

Rad777

Finally someone who agree's with me!

Please do post as many comments when you get them. I really want to know if these are any good at gaming. My Acers are for work junk and and I would really like to see how these perform.

Rad777 said:
I ordered two this morning at 6am or so. I should have them tomorrow or Saturday. I'll put up some pictures and/or tell you guys how they look. I already have two Acer 1914smd. The Acers are really nice, no ghosting in any games.

Also these Fuji's have 0.264mm Pixel Pitch!!! Thats the pixel pitch of a 17"....... Also they use FOUR CCFL instead of two.

Rad777

Samsung "Zero Dead Pixel" policy is confined to S. Korea only. The rest of us have to put up with up to 6 dead pixels before they will RMA.

-Mali

yeah i was just gonna say, can't you jab a screwdriver at it or something to make some more? :p

-- alan jacyszyn

Only if the warranty includes accidental coverage.
I'm thinking like a high voltage going through a needle. But still you have a layer of plastic to deal with.

First off.... They are VERY SOLID LCD's. The entire base is metal. Not no crappy aluminum with plastic covering it, its solid metal. They weight alot...... I'd guess like more than 16lbs. To me its like a PSU, just makes me think its just better made.

Of the two LCDs one came perfect with no Dead Pixels, the other had ONE green pixel that I simply rubbed with a clean t shirt for 2-3 seconds and it went away.

I saw no ghosting in D3 and WoW. My Acer's ( 1914smd ), I thought were really good..... My eyes hurt for the longest time trying to adjust them. These Fuji Plus are really easy on the eyes, and it has much more options in the OSD. The base/backing is removable, so you can use one of those VESA stands, did so for the wife. Text is displayed very well on this LCD, compared to my Acer's.

I did not try using the speakers, so I cannot comment on them. The pictures on the Egg are pretty comparable to the real thing. For $295.... These are awesome.....

Rad777

solotech said:
Anyone know how to kill a single pixel?

Well... As I was rubbing out one of the pixel's you can see the others if they screen is really dark.... I'm sure if you pushed hard/long enough you could....

Rad777

How are the viewing angles and do the colors shift when you move around?

That is something i REALLY noticed with the Acer @ 140 viewing angle. The extra 20 degrees makes a huge differencne, I normally can see my wife's LCD with the Acer's but I can't really make out the text. Right now as I am typing this I can see what the text she has on her screen with the monitor about 5 feet to the right of me and parallel to my monitor. With the Acer I could see the screen just fine, but reading the text? Ha, it wasn't possible.

I am really happy with these monitors, I have to normally wear my glasses to avoid eye strain. I have been sitting here over an hr w/o my glasses and I can see fine, and by golly my eyes dont hurt!

Rad777

Thanks for the info, I think I'll be in for one :D

Any idea what type of panel it uses? PVA or Tn?

Hey Rad777, Please answer this question I have. I started a thread in the Display forum but no one who has this monitor has replyed.
Since you have this LCD can you tell me if it realy is .264 dot pitch ? Most people think that all 19"LCD's are .294 dot pitch and 17" LCD's are .264 dot pitch. So if you have another .294 dot pitch 19"LCD ( I think you said you have a 19" Acer which would be .294) Could you look at the two side by side and see if the Fuji realy is a .264 dot pitch monitor. Even if you don't know the dot pitch of the Fuji, I would like to know if the pixel's on the Fuji look smaller to your eye then the pixel's on the Acer when you look at the two LCD's side by side....Thank's for any help

water1 said:
I would like to know if the pixel's on the Fuji look smaller to your eye then the pixel's on the Acer when you look at the two LCD's side by side....Thank's for any help

LoL, I just came back from returning the Acer's to Mwave. When I go to work on Monday I will check the difference compared to the Dell 1905's we got.

But also, I don't know if I would be able to tell since .264 and .294 are pretty similiar "Individually". Of course it makes a difference in the overall picture (Compared to the Acer's .294) but to be able to just "Eye" the difference which comes out to be .03mm? I don't think I could lol. BUT! Because you asked, I will on Monday :p

BTW. I can now READ TEXT WITHOUT CLEARTYPE TUNING off! Before I needed it on to read TEXT, now I Don't! Dam these LCD's Kick-Rear!

Edit: Added Website- http://www.minmaw.com/lcd - FP988D.htm

Rad777

Thank's Rad777, I ask because it's 17"LCD's that alway's have a .264 dot pitch and they have a tighter looking picture than 19"LCD's with .294 dot pitch.
So yes I don't want a dead on mesurment to the .000001of an ant's eyelash, just what your eye's tell you...does it seem tighter and easyer to read text. Sound's like it is better at text from what you have posted so far...Thank's again

Just one more thing,I also ask because if you look at this thread I started in the display forum you'll see most people think it just can't have a .264 dot pitch.
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1027640016#post1027640016

It's no big deal I am just thing of getting this LCD and was hoping it did have a better dot pitch but it could be a typo on thier website.

I'll wait and see what Rad777 eye's have to tell him on Monday...Take it easy

Hmmm, nice looking deal. Was looking to get rid of my huge CRT (19") before I head-off to college.

Hey Rad777, I saw your post in the other thread and replyed to you. I forgot your handle was "Rad777" So I've been posting to you in the other thread like you were a stranger, Sorry about that. Thank You very much for all your help.

I'm tempted to plunk down on two of these. I was going to get one of the Dell 2405's but at this price I'd rather have dual monitors rather than One biggie.

Post up more likes/dislikes please!

OuTLaWzSm said:
Can you post some pics?

Wow.... I took some pics of WoW, Desktop, Sides.... My Kodak camera does NOT like close ups :p Pics look terrible. I will try with another camera or something,lol :p

Also pics of anything specific?

Rad777

Is there a program that can calculate the pixel size on a monitor?

Wooohoo just got my AIW X800XT from egg..

These monitors sound sexy already.
Wait for 2nd quarter bonus and get dual monitors!
I agree not to get one big monitor and go with a dual setup.

someone tell me more about the speakers as well. Tinny? Not tinny? Sounds like a soupcan? Heads up!

I bought one today myself. Replacing the Acer AL1912 I got 2 month's ago that doesn't have DVI inputs. Hope the response time is just as quick as the Acer!!

Bytz, Make shure you tell us what you think it look's like compared to the Acer.
Also do the pixel's look smaller and tighter then the Acer ?

Just got mine in today. I'll I can say is WOW!! It looks twice as good as the Acer and all the text which was blurry on the Acer is now sharper then I've ever seen. I played Quake 3 all day on it and there is NO GHOSTING whatsoever. It looks tight and it's bright enought to blind you. I give it 5 out of 5 stars and this BTW is my 4th LCD monitor. I have no dead or stuck pixels. I encourage anyone so inclined to go out and get one immediantly!!!!

Back