12ms 19" 600:1 $295.00

OK, Began the RMA procedure, getting Newegg to file a claim...It'll be 7-10 bus. days before the refund gets processed. Sucks, but it looks as though I'll be able to get my money back, at least.

Pretty painless so far.

Thanks folks.

I think I'll look at picking an LCD up locally instead..What rates well in b/m stores instead?

Oh, and no problems here with Newegg. :)

The "hole" in my box was about 2 inches below that one in your picture but mine was big enough top put your fist through. You should ask Newegg if they are selling these in "pre-holed boxes" J/K most likely FedEX's fault. My mom said that when she signed for the box the FedEX lady purposely had the box turned around she could not see the damage to the box when she signed for it. It wasn't until after she brought the box inside & flipped it around that she noticed the big gap in the box. I'm sure the FedEX lady didn't want my mom to notice & document it on the disclosure when she signed. I told my mom that in the future to check the entire package first before signing & note all damages to the box. Ironically your hole was small & you suffered a lot of damage, I got a huge hole & not one scuff. Guess I was extremely lucky. I wouldn't let this one incident dis-courage you from buying an LCD online maybe try again or another manufacturer that packages the actual front and back of the panel as well not just the sides. Anyways glad to see that Newegg is working it out with you.

feelx77 said:
The "hole" in my box was about 2 inches below that one in your picture but mine was big enough top put your fist through. You should ask Newegg if they are selling these in "pre-holed boxes" J/K most likely FedEX's fault. My mom said that when she signed for the box the FedEX lady purposely had the box turned around she could not see the damage to the box when she signed for it. It wasn't until after she brought the box inside & flipped it around that she noticed the big gap in the box. I'm sure the FedEX lady didn't want my mom to notice & document it on the disclosure when she signed. I told my mom that in the future to check the entire package first before signing & note all damages to the box. Ironically your hole was small & you suffered a lot of damage, I got a huge hole & not one scuff. Guess I was extremely lucky. I wouldn't let this one incident dis-courage you from buying an LCD online maybe try again or another manufacturer that packages the actual front and back of the panel as well not just the sides. Anyways glad to see that Newegg is working it out with you.

I may give it another try...But it's going to be from a brand that bothers putting more adequete padding/protection on the screen, so that the UPS/Fedex soccer/hockey highsticker teams are going to have a tougher time fucking it up. My guess is that Samsung/Dell ought to be better in that regard.

For stuff that fragile, shippers really ought to offer double-boxing as an option.. (even if it ups the shipping cost accordingly) Some are already doing it for cases, so why not? ;)

Hopefully.

Satyrist said:
I may give it another try...But it's going to be from a brand that bothers putting more adequete padding/protection on the screen, so that the UPS/Fedex soccer/hockey highsticker teams are going to have a tougher time fucking it up. My guess is that Samsung/Dell ought to be better in that regard.

For stuff that fragile, shippers really ought to offer double-boxing as an option.. (even if it ups the shipping cost accordingly) Some are already doing it for cases, so why not? ;)

Hopefully.

All LCDs pretty much come in the same size box.... With the foam at the sides and what not. The dell boxes are a little different, but can still be damaged from FexEX/UPS.

I've had much much better luck with UPS, Fedex seems to break stuff but be cheaper.

Rad777

Am I missing something, or does Newegg no longer carry the FP-988D. Tried clicking the link and searching by model number and it only gives me the 17" model. I have an Acer 17" LCD and after receiving it back from the Acer support center saying that the major backlight leakage was normal for LCD monitors (up to 3" each way (!!!)), I'm more than ready to dump the Acer and get something new.

- James

http://www.globalcomputer.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1358111&CatId=170

$50 Rebate. Expires on 05/31/2005 (Midnight E.S.T.)
Rebate limited to 1 per business address.
Final Price: $269.99 +ship+tax if any!

Rebate Link: http://static.globalcomputer.com/Rebates/F33-1900-may-31.pdf

I really like mine. Extremely bright no dead pixels and a solid metal foot frame. Gaming is perfect. Text is more crisp than the acer and dell FP lcd's other than the 24"er b/c I have yet to get one..

$373.87 shipped and taxed to Cali...
323.87 final if it got to my home....

Satyrist said:

RMA time...:(

Plastic's not even off the screen yet.

How often does this sorta thing happen anyway?

lol.

I couldn't tell by looking at it what the problem was...I just thought you had a cool looking desktop and side-info bar on it. lol.

Tiny said:
lol.

I couldn't tell by looking at it what the problem was...I just thought you had a cool looking desktop and side-info bar on it. lol.

Arrived with a big ass spiderweb crack pretty much in the center of the screen.

Likely won't hear back about the RMA before the end of next week at the earliest, I think...:(

No foul against Newegg or Minmaw though...To wrap up my spot in this thread, hopefully my results are the exception and not the rule. Once that's done though, I may take a drive down to the TigerDirect outlet out in Naperville at some point in the next couple of weeks and give it another go. Rebate or no...Not that I've dealt with Tigerdirect at all about rebates, some comments seem to feel Tigerdirect and Rebates not being syonomous with each other. :)

But I'll be pulling it out of the box before I leave the store.

I recieved both of mine about a week ago. The text is very clear and man are they bright. As far as gaming goes, I've only played JKA and COD on it and both passed with flying colors after a few small adjustments in the game. I had to adjust the ingame brightness cause it was still set for my old CRT, which was to be expected. After I got the adjustments set smooth sailing from there. My wife, which is using the second, loves hers as well and has been playing COD on it and coming up with the same results as myself... awesome LCD. She even likes it more than her 21" CRT that she was using.

Hi,

I am new to the forum. Found the reivews here when doing a research of Fuji Plus FP-988D. I finally bought one from chiefvalue...have been using it for a few days..no dead pixel..and picture is great...too bad that i can't adjust the monitory height so it is sitting on a big book now.

Fedex did a great job bringing it to my home. The box came in in perfect shape...so was the monitor. :p

But now I wonder why these monitors disappears from newegg and chiefvalue...something is going on??????? I am allergic to strange unexplanned things. Someone ask the newegg and chiefvalue for the reasons. :confused:

Na2005 said:
Hi,

I am new to the forum. Found the reivews here when doing a research of Fuji Plus FP-988D. I finally bought one from chiefvalue...have been using it for a few days..no dead pixel..and picture is great...too bad that i can't adjust the monitory height so it is sitting on a big book now.

Fedex did a great job bringing it to my home. The box came in in perfect shape...so was the monitor. :p

But now I wonder why these monitors disappears from newegg and chiefvalue...something is going on??????? I am allergic to strange unexplanned things. Someone ask the newegg and chiefvalue for the reasons. :confused:

who knows...it's nothing to do with my replies in this thread.

Maybe they were clearing their inventory.

Satyrist said:
who knows...it's nothing to do with my replies in this thread.

Maybe they were clearing their inventory.

I just hope it has nothing to do with the quality 8)

[RCKY] Thor said:
Tigerdirect has them for 310 witha 50 dollar rebate through tuesday.

I hope i didnt make a mistake buying this monitor as last month the reabate was 50$ (mailin) now its 70$ so i just hope i am not getting the last piece in there store, will let u guys know when it comes to me. I ordered it late night 1 am at 11 pm morning got call from tigerdirect ask will u be there at home today (same day) as if they were gonaa ship that day itself. But it didnt come yet hoping will come on friday 1 day from now. Well will let u guys know if all goes well i was planning of buying Hyundi 8ms with dvi but looked at the price of this monitor and thought lets try this one. This is my first lcd will be shifting from old daytek 15" CRT . hopeing that i get a good LCD without any shipping defects and other defects as mentioned here. :rolleyes:

Guest said:
I hope i didnt make a mistake buying this monitor as last month the reabate was 50$ (mailin) now its 70$ so i just hope i am not getting the last piece in there store, will let u guys know when it comes to me. I ordered it late night 1 am at 11 pm morning got call from tigerdirect ask will u be there at home today (same day) as if they were gonaa ship that day itself. But it didnt come yet hoping will come on friday 1 day from now. Well will let u guys know if all goes well i was planning of buying Hyundi 8ms with dvi but looked at the price of this monitor and thought lets try this one. This is my first lcd will be shifting from old daytek 15" CRT . hopeing that i get a good LCD without any shipping defects and other defects as mentioned here. :rolleyes:

It was likely a fluke in my case. Doodoo happens sometimes.

Satyrist said:
It was likely a fluke in my case. Doodoo happens sometimes.

I hope so too man i dont wana have a doooodoo .So, keeping my fingures crossed.

welldam...after researching and debating with myself, i finally deciede to take the lcd plunge with this 19in fuji since it had the 50$ rebate...only for there to be a 70$ rebate issued the day that it ships... :( anyone know how/if i would be able to/my chances of rectifying for the 70$ rebate, considering that i jstu bough the danged thing? and/or anyone else in the same boat? though if i think about it, overall it still seems a decent price with and without the rebates so i shouldnt complain _too_ much :p just sux taht they slipped in a 70$ one right after i hurried up and took the plunge in order to get the 50$ one :(

oh - and of the people that picked one up, how are you liking it so far? :)

thanks.

An update, and hopefully to put to rest any further doubt:

I just received an email update from Newegg Support, stating that the cost for both the monitor and shipping is going to be refunded. Additionally, with the high cost of shipping, Newegg support added that shipping the monitor back will not be necessary.

Again, to those who work at Newegg:

You were not to blame with what happened during shipment, yet you stepped up and sought to make things right with the customer.

A+ in my book, and your good reputation precedes you yet again. Buying from you guys again is not even in question-Of course I will! :D

Thanks, and my hat off to you!

Everyone else, forgiveness please to all, for any possible derailing this might have done to the thread.

Does anyone else have problems with this being to dark in games like CS and D3? Some shadows in CS are so dark they just black out completely. Also, does anyone else have some ghosting in CS? When running the textures blur and it gets really annoying....

Oh Crap came with 3 dead pixels managed to rub 2 off slightly but one at right bottom corner wont budge. Does anyone know if u have a dead pixel will the number of dead pixels grow or that doesnt matter? i.e will that one dead pixel cause its surrounding pixels to go dead also ?
And there is a flicker when ur watching movies anyone got any clue as to why . i am using ati radeon 9600 256 mb agp card on DVI out. And can some one tell me how the hell to reduce the contrast as at night it becomes way too bright right now contrast is set to 0 and so is brightness but still its way too bright for me. So anyone knows how to get rid of such brightness ooh by the way should i contact tigerdirect if they will send another one as it has 3 dead pixels out of which 2 got removed (but come up sometimes) Also does any one have a software which will do random test itself and auto detect the dead pixels and report it ?

Guest said:
Oh Crap came with 3 dead pixels managed to rub 2 off slightly but one at right bottom corner wont budge. Does anyone know if u have a dead pixel will the number of dead pixels grow or that doesnt matter? i.e will that one dead pixel cause its surrounding pixels to go dead also ?
And there is a flicker when ur watching movies anyone got any clue as to why . i am using ati radeon 9600 256 mb agp card on DVI out. And can some one tell me how the hell to reduce the contrast as at night it becomes way too bright right now contrast is set to 0 and so is brightness but still its way too bright for me. So anyone knows how to get rid of such brightness ooh by the way should i contact tigerdirect if they will send another one as it has 3 dead pixels out of which 2 got removed (but come up sometimes) Also does any one have a software which will do random test itself and auto detect the dead pixels and report it ?
Not sure about some of your questions as I do not own this monitor, nor any LCD for that matter. However, you can use Dead Pixel Buddy to determine if you have any more dead pixels. To download the program, go here: http://www.laptopshowcase.co.uk/downloads.php?id=1

luckycharmz said:
if you are having problems with brightness/contrast its because you are retarded, not the monitor. The best way to change the settings is to use DVI on this monitor, and use software to control the brightness/contrast (ATI control panel is what i use...it works great) and if you get dead pixels thats just bad luck and im sorry for you but better you than me right?!

your really puking think that i will all the time right click the destop and adjust brightness ? use ur brains sometimes god has given it to everyone but to some like u might not be the case. :D no one gets away by posting such remarks dude dont expect and mercy from me now on. :D

luckycharmz said:
if you are having problems with brightness/contrast its because you are retarded, not the monitor. The best way to change the settings is to use DVI on this monitor, and use software to control the brightness/contrast (ATI control panel is what i use...it works great) and if you get dead pixels thats just bad luck and im sorry for you but better you than me right?!

Oh, so owning a monitor that I've had no experience with and trying to adjust it or trying to get suggestions for adjusting it from people that have the same one makes me a retard when you can't even do the simplest thing such as punctuate your conjunctions? I'm sorry, I thought the monitor controls were actually supposed to have a function :rolleyes:

Frankly I don't appreciate having to fuck around in the color settings of the nVidia drivers, however I lowered the contrast down to 80% before I even read your idiotic dribble you gimp. Why not go get some more milk from your mother's tit and pray she doesn't drop you on your head again?

Shike said:
Oh, so owning a monitor that I've had no experience with and trying to adjust it or trying to get suggestions for adjusting it from people that have the same one makes me a retard when you can't even do the simplest thing such as punctuate your conjunctions? I'm sorry, I thought the monitor controls were actually supposed to have a function :rolleyes:

Frankly I don't appreciate having to fuck around in the color settings of the nVidia drivers, however I lowered the contrast down to 80% before I even read your idiotic dribble you gimp. Why not go get some more milk from your mother's tit and pray she doesn't drop you on your head again?

LOL good one.

And the monitor does flicker when a bit when playing games and has little of ghosting damm i think i should have gone for a 8ms monitor. read the review on tigerdirect . maybe i should return this.

Back in stock at the Egg ... I was ready to order from TD but one last visit to Newegg shows it in stock for $310 plus a $50 MIR. I also ordered an ATI vid card fan that was OOS for almost a month also, so I'm happy both items are available from my preferred vendor. I waited a while on an LCD purchase but this one looks like a great choice for a very good price. Now I can move my 19" CRT to another PC and my desk will breathe an audible sigh of relief now that it doesn't hafta support the monster 19". The desk has a bow in it after only a year !

Ordered mine on SUnday and hope to recieve it tomorrow and I'll take pictures if anyone is interested

Newegg dropped it to $299 with a $50 MIR. I would buy one cept the wife has put the clamp on spending since the birthday is coming! I hope I get a new monitor.... ;)

After playing FY_iceworld2k or whatever on CS (it has a LOT of white), I can definately see ghosting. Samsungs are known not to ghost overall....

I would debate on returning mine, however Tiger has a bad return policy IMO....

Can someone post their gamma/brightness/contrast settings? I'm having a very tough time finding the right balance and on stock settings, gaming is impossible...

I'm not getting any picture from mine. The power LED comes on and stays green, but I don't get any picture. I've tried VGA and DVI, neither work. Arrgggghhhh!

Have you tried hitting the 1st button on the left (there are 4 circular buttons)? The 1st button enables autodetect & will make the display search the VGA/DVI port. Maybe hit it twice.

If that doesn't work can you at least pull up the displays internal setup screen by hitting the 4th button? It should allow you to do that regardless if it has a signal or not but as long as the unit is on with the power button being green not red. Just trying to help since I have the same model display. Confirm you are in fact sending a video signal output from your vga port by plugging in another monitor then switching back to the panel & hitting the 1st button for auto detect again. If that doesn't work...I don't know what else to try. Good luck : )

feelx77 said:
Have you tried hitting the 1st button on the left (there are 4 circular buttons)? The 1st button enables autodetect & will make the display search the VGA/DVI port. Maybe hit it twice.

If that doesn't work can you at least pull up the displays internal setup screen by hitting the 4th button? It should allow you to do that regardless if it has a signal or not but as long as the unit is on with the power button being green not red. Just trying to help since I have the same model display. Confirm you are in fact sending a video signal output from your vga port by plugging in another monitor then switching back to the panel & hitting the 1st button for auto detect again. If that doesn't work...I don't know what else to try. Good luck : )

Yeah, I tried all that stuff. No go. It seems to work except for the fact that there is no image. No menu or anything. At this point, I'm 99.9% it is broken. It's already back in the box.

What is Newegg's policy on this kind of stuff? They better not expect me to pay for shipping because they sent me something DOA. I expect a refund + return shipping + fast shipment of the replacement or I'm going to raise some hell..

Back